>"yeagh yeagh yeagh yeagh"
>pentatonic pentatonic pentatonic
>generic woobly woobly solos, yawn

Anyone???

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bVnhN1-dhZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2/10

As it turns out, music doesn't have to be deep, meaningful, or complicated to sell.
Whoda thunk it?

hair metal was a thing. Thrash was heavy. The reason why they arent know at the same level as antrax and megadeath to the mainstream is because they tuned down on the black album. They became the bad you use to introduce someone to a "heavier" metal they might have known, but not to heavy that it might tune them out.

fuck off

>things that were once fresh and exciting are now generic and commonplace

Shocking

Metallica became successful initially off of Dave Mustaine's guitar work. They remained commercially successful because they sold out after they ran out of Mustaine riffs and wrote the Black album.

Go to bed dave

They were already generic in 1982 matey

Name 10 bands that sounded extremely similar to Metallica before 1983. I'll give you one, Slayer.

t. Dave

not to the mainstream on a large scale retard

>Sound similar to Metallica

No. Metallica just copied NWOBHM and dumbed it down to appeal to Americans

>venom
>raven
>angelwitch
>diamond head
>tygers of pan tang

Listen to this and tell me Metallica didn't just rehash it and call it 'Whiplash'

youtube.com/watch?v=bVnhN1-dhZI

>not being mainstream means you can't be generic

So basically you can't tell the difference between copying and influencing. None of those bands sound all that similar to Metallica, especially nothing they did post-Kill Em All.

Obviously they were heavily influenced by NWOBHM bands, especially on their debut album. However, by the time you get to MoP and AJFA they're in completely different territory.

>one similar riff

Well shit, I guess the entire sub-genre of thrash metal is generic because it was influenced by venom

>Stealing songs is 'being influenced'

yeah no. fucking kill yourself. stop standing up for these talentless sunshine strip gayboys

>one similar riff
>stealing a song

Lol it's like you just started listening to music 3 days ago

t. Dave

this sounds like absolute shit

also fucking Ride the Lightning my man.

What did they steal? Do venom have a copyright on three note songs with a chugga chugga riff?

Also, saying Metallica is generic for being influenced by Venom is like saying Venom is generic for being influenced by Motorhead. Every band has their influences

(You)

>How did this band become so successful?

They pretty much created Thrash Metal and then sold out and made catchy radio Rock. Did you really need to make a thread to figure that out?

>Created thrash metal

>baby's first 'take that mum and dad!' album

oh look a bait thread

Yes, your loose grasp of music history is pretty hysterical faggot

>i just discovered underground music for the first time

Nobody cares

- Exodus
- Death Angel
- Anthrax
- Overkill
- Kreator
- Sodom
- Destruction
- Tankard
- King Diamond
- Venom

Thrash was already in full swing when Metallica came along, they just added more melodic riffs and cleaner production. Really thrash is just a direct continuation of NWOBHM, so the older British metal bands all already contained the elements that would eventually become thrash to some degree or another.

Also, pic related is the only good incarnation of Metallica.

They were much more popular than Anthrax and Megadeth even before the black album.