Yfw the force awakens review will never come out

>yfw the force awakens review will never come out

Shut up about it already.

Remember that Mike liked TFA, so it's most likely going to be about what the movie did right compared to the prequels. I'm sort of okay with this, the apologists have gotten out of control.

But TFA is just a fucking rippoff of the originals, it's for dumb sheeple fans that don't know any better. The film has literally 0 (zero) value

The only reason Mike analyzed the prequels so thoroughly is because they weren't anything like the originals and he wanted to explain why. TFA is so similar to the OT on a superficial level that it just kinda flew right over his head. In spite of his ability to critique things so well, deep down he was always just a fanboy who wanted more of the same old stuff and in that regard TFA delivered.

>But TFA is just a fucking rippoff of the originals,
And still managed to be a better movie than the prequels, go figure.
>it's for dumb sheeple fans that don't know any better.
Cool ad-hominem, point still stands.
>The film has literally 0 (zero) value
Does that mean the prequels have negative (-) value? Because I'm willing to agree with that.

Yeah, like the prequels aren't chock full of references and callbacks to the OT. I don't know why you retards even bother with that argument.

There's a difference between references and duplicating an entire narrative structure. Are you just pretending to be retarded?

That's not in defense of the prequels either, just saying that TFA is purely a nostalgia cash in that offers almost nothing new.

My God. It's a better movie than prequels, but it still ain't a good Star Wars movie. It lacks (except few parts) originality and it's so painfully obvious that it's just bait for the mainstream SW fans that it devaluates the whole movie. It literally is more pointless than prequels, bravo Disney.

>There's a difference between references and duplicating an entire narrative structure.
Did you even watch the prequels? The Phantom Menace even had its own death star scene. A collection of scenes without value don't become worthwhile because they're new, anyway.

this is illegal

>it's so painfully obvious that it's just bait for the mainstream SW fans that it devaluates the whole movie.
The intended audience has no effect on the quality of a movie, or at least shouldn't be a measure of its effectiveness. That's just extrapolating to outside shit because you're unequipped to analyze film on its own merits.
And pray tell, what is the "point" of the prequels? It seems you're just throwing prefab arguments at the issue in hopes of sounding like you put some thought into it.

Why would it? They liked the movie

They released a trailer for it you nimrods.

All three films aren't out yet how about you go watch movies and be patient:

Why are you still defending this movie?What did you like about it? I would seriously like to know. To me it just felt like it was made foe the wrong reasons (which it undoubtfuly was) and they took such a strange direction with the sequels.
Also MUH another Death Star, MUH old SW cast, MUH totally not Tatooine, that part when they hired The Raid squad and they did absolutely nothing in the movie than get killed. Or Phasma. It's just so inconsistent, stupid. Why?

>Why are you still defending this movie?
Dude, go to sleep. You're an idiot with an agenda, I'm trying to discuss film.

>lol I have no argument go to sleep
I jsut asked you what makes you like this movie. That's a legit discussion. But if you don't want to talk about it alright, bye

Both Mike and Plinkett are capable of generally enjoying a movie and still nitpicking it to death. Just look at the Plinkett review of Star Trek. And if you want an example of Mike doing it, just look at the videos he and Jay have done on Prometheus. One of them is nothing but them mocking it for its nonsensical elements, when in the actual episode of HitB, they both say it's basically all right.

Just because Mike at 4 AM on Half in the Bag talks about how much he loves TFA doesn't mean that he won't recite every last stolen plot element and pointless callback like an encyclopedia in the Plinkett review. Hell, he even starts doing that in the HitB episode.

You didn't post an argument, you were begging for me to stop. You already conceded, go take five.

Pathetic.

I hate TFA but I hope Mike makes a postive review

So the SW shitposting goes out of control

I agree, everything you do is pathetic, specially this cry for attention bullshit where you pretend to like the prequels to fit in. What a waste of space.

TFA was actually good unlike the prequels, so it doesn't need to be lampooned

My opinion on FA could change dramatically depending on which direction episodes 8 and 9 go. I imagine Mike is waiting to see the whole trilogy before reviewing.

TFA fans are pathetic, don't you know that already?

Hack frauds...

He didn't wait for the Star Trek trilogy before he did the first one tebehe.

While TFA is totally derivative of the OT, Abrams pretty much had the impossible task of delivering a movie that got normies and a younger generation interested in Star Wars, something for the fans and something the casual moviegoer could enjoy.
No one is going to say it's the perfect movie but it's definitely better than prequels, movies that you pretty much need to have already seen the OT to enjoy.

these guys are tfaffic

>duplicating an entire narrative structure
You mean one that was already old as dirt in 1977?

>impossible task

Bull.
Shit.

All it took was the marvel formula.

Explain.

and it shouldn't
it's not memeworthy enough

The action scenes feature heroes pulling off more impressive feats than even prequel jedi could. Poe quips like he's iron man while pulling off better piloting than anakin, luke, AND WEDGE combined

>heroes pulling off more impressive feats than even prequel jedi could
That was in the OT as well

>Poe quips like he's iron man while pulling off better piloting than anakin, luke, AND WEDGE combined
He's literally Han+Wedge Antilles and on-screen for less than 20 minutes. Present 3 quips, now.

These hardly qualify user.

Flimsy at best.

He won't, because he knows it's a plagiarized rehash to appeal to memberberries

So, he'll pussy out

>That was in the OT as well
No it wasn't and you know it.

>Present 3 quips, now.
"So, you talk? I talk?"
"Kinda hard to tell with the thing."
"Might wanna rethink your technique."
>entire escape scene

That's a formula...? Do you know what a formula is user?

Should I also quote Han from the OT?

>The prequels suck! look at all the things taken from the original trilogy.
>TFA is great because it takes so much from the original trilogy.

Also this is pretty much describing Rey.

It shouldn't, because it will be praising TFA, if Mike's reaction in HitB is anything to go by.

You don't need Plinkett to tell you why it's shitty you know

You're moving goalposts, TFAggot.

3 quips were delivered.

you do when your only reason for hating it is because it was popular.

I just want to hear Plinkett's voice again

I miss the old Plinkett, straight from the cat fucking Plinkett

>this thread

WUT IF TEE-EFF-AY WUZ GUD

Next Plinkett review is going to be Star Trek Beyond. Calling it now.

Thank You!!!
TFA is pure Memberberries...

Bravo. You have proven to me that you can find quips. Now, how many quips does Han say during ANH?