youtu.be/Gr2vcFZ3LL8
youtube.com/watch?v=vnDS_socrck
youtube.com/watch?v=dQm4mxRJgtU
youtube.com/watch?v=eeF3IWLEeHE
youtube.com/watch?v=zZFsRfi4IAM
youtube.com/watch?v=yvPK0qKB8m4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>op's pic
ok thread ruined let's hyperspeed shitpost and push it to 300 posts so we can move on to the next

black metal is okay

What are y'all blasting today?

>Incorrigible Normalfaggotry

black metal is the only good metal genre

t. triggered glam nu-male

MGLA are fine, not my favorites but they're alright.

nu-male edition

Paradise Lost - Medusa

I've been away from metal for over a year now, have there been many stand out albums in that time?

How's that related to the fact that mgla is absolute garbage

only 1st wave black metal is okay

>mgla
>fagushka
>full of hell

yikes

No
No
No

What about bands that sound like first wave bands?

Can't say anything against this. Very enjoyable stuff. Not too sure about "songwriting" as such, but as a stream of riffs and sick parts it's quite complete

Anglo saxon metal :DDD

>he doesnt listen to Babushka

You mean revivalists? They're cancer

anything released after 1990 is shit

they're cool

So, first wave is just fine, but bands that make music in the exact same vein as them in the modern era can eat shit?

Time to save the thread
youtube.com/watch?v=7lBiGVU3kn8
youtube.com/watch?v=4vchm-RrXtU
youtube.com/watch?v=k9Q3A9UJpVY

You got it, babe

the cover looks like gay "orthodox" unriff dissoshit, is that what they are?

y tho

yeah, modern era is shit

>Babushka
youtube.com/watch?v=6xckBwPdo1c

Because it's an utter copout and a sign of severe lack of creativity and drive. "Hey, how about, instead of trying to make good music that brings something relevant to the scene, we just ape what these groundbreakers did 30-35 years ago? Yea, that's the ticket!"

What if they execute it well and add their own unique spin to it?

>dissoshit
seriously the lengths some of you go to in order to keep metal in the realm of powerchords only is staggering. Enjoy listening to "Welcome to Hell" forever. Dissoshit. It's almost as if you don't want your JAAAAAM to be a bit abrasive. yeah better safe then sorry. E, g, a, e, g, a.
What a joke.

Sincerly yours,
triggerd numale

My penis is now erect

you seem upset

>What if they execute it well
Doesn't matter
>add their own unique spin to it
Then it doesn't sound like first wave anymore, and is no longer revivalism, is it?

Just listen user this shits real good
youtube.com/watch?v=qcrfn_Y4uIQ

I mean you can still play blackened thrash that sounds like first wave material that is unique from first wave material.

If he were really upset he'd have posted "t. fedora" and leave it at that

Post kate bush metal covers
youtube.com/watch?v=Qrtf43qANkE

Oh I'm so upset. I was about to throw my dissoshit collection away because it doesn't get the validation I need from /metal/. But then I thought NO! I need to stand up against this tyranny, I need to rebel against my insecurities and against this hole community.
Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal.

Are there more?

>Then it doesn't sound like first wave anymore
first wave bm is one of the most diverse subgenre you don't have to be a bathory clone to make first wave

embarrassing post

No, you just have to ape someone else. It's no longer first wave if it doesn't sound like what was made in the first wave. Is this a hard concept to grasp?

because you say so

There's plenty of firstwave bands that sound nothing like each other and you can have things that sound incredibly similar and would not have seemed out of place whatsoever if they were made in the 80s but still manage to be unique

still better than using the word dissoshit. holy fuck.

How many of you faggots play at least one instrument?

I play the kazoo

i play smoke on the waters with 1 finger

castanets

I can slap parts of my body and make rhythmic sounds doing so

My problem here is people choosing to appeal to the past and trying to maintain it alive instead of attempting something new. Just because you can take first wave bands and "add a twist" to it doesn't mean it has any merit, or that it's worth it. It's mainly created and consumed by people who think this is a reasonable stance to have. They're metal's "born in le wrong generation".

I can play any instrument. Really, hand me an instrument and I'll be able to play it; wind, string, percussive, doesn't matter, I can play it. I'm just not good at it, like, at all.

I don't think it's too unreasonable to make blackened thrash in the modern era that sounds like first wave bands so long as you actually apply a modicum of creativity to your process and don't just straight up sound like a cheap clone of Bathory

additionally I want to point out that there's nothing wrong with that cover at all. You could slap "Slayer" right across that shit, send it back in time and release it in the 1980s and everyone would be like "yeah, that fits".

The music is okay so far. A bit dragging in parts but good vocals and riffs and a good slap of rawness to it all.

>you actually apply a modicum of creativity
Doing that and purposedly making something that resembles 30 year old music are mutually exclusive

I disagree

I bet you a hefty sum of money you can't play the bagpipes at all and the same goes for brass instruments.

i play guitar but i need to learn soloing sweeping and how to use a few of my pedals better

bands that sound like Show No Mercy or Hell Awaits

Funnily enough one time I managed to let this old man who had an antique store let me try this Galician gaita he had and managed to play three notes that I played over and over again until he got annoyed.
As far as brass instruments go, I've played the trumpet twice, with similar results. Three or four notes over and over again, interspaced with horrid screeches. I can play the bugle, though, for like five minutes before I feel like I'm going to pass out.

What's your paypal account?

what do you want with my paypal account

cool

>I bet you a hefty sum

Im a tuba player.

yeah for that to work you need to give me your paypal account

>the opening band steals the show from the headliners
What band was this for you, anons?

That hefty sum of money you bet

Any recommendations for albums similar to this? Can't find much myself.

Arcturus and Transcending Bizarre? would be the obvious ones

Vulture Industries maybe

Batushka - Litourgiya now with singing grandma for easy access. Order now and get the limited edition digipack including gold plated stainless steel candlestick!

>tfw Warcraft stole a Beherit riff
youtu.be/uriUPxg-YVo
youtu.be/Gr2vcFZ3LL8

not ordering unless i get some stolen Lada hubcaps and a plate of blin

but does it come with a toilet brush?

Any more metal like this thats soft at first then blows up mid way or after a soft part ends?
youtube.com/watch?v=vnDS_socrck

I know Arcturus, but Transcending Bizarre sounds good, thanks.
Will check them out, thanks.

first week here?

not metal but i like this
youtube.com/watch?v=dQm4mxRJgtU

youtube.com/watch?v=eeF3IWLEeHE

Ontario?

Behemoth before Amon Amarth
Vader before Venom Inc
Heidra before Hate
Ethereal before Hate (two years later)
Twilight force before Sonata Arctica

Just of the top of my head