3rd season is a bit off innit?

3rd season is a bit off innit?

It's alright.

Yeah, I reckon it is. Season two ending was so huge. season three just going back to normal on April 1st, not connected to the other episodes is kinda weird. The promise of the darkest season yet hasn't exactly happened.

Morty is getting a bit darker, but if there is no Grand revel of him being evil or something, it would pretty much confirm bad season.

I think the last episode was a turning point. As an episode it was "meh" but it was a change in tone. Abandoning the nihilism and stepping a little closer to generic sitcom territory.

For the show to go out on a good note it would need to go into territory not traversed by other shows, it was kinda thinking about doing that but then started veering into random retardness territory like Family Guy and this season has veered again into more well traveled paths.

TLDR: Show could have gone an interesting direction but it seems to be falling down the path towards mediocrity.

Its shit.

What do you expect, 50%+ of the writing staff is women, No wonder its not funny anymore

Not a fan of this season so far.
explains why perfectly.

fuck off. pickle rick was fucking brilliant, was a female writer.

How many animated TV shows have you written or produced? I'll just watch this show and be entertained.

Go fuck yourself, cuck faggot.

No it wasnt.None of it was even believable in a sci fi universe

meh, it was actually pretty mediocre with jaguar babble, was a fucking cliché

Pickle Rick was literal pandering to the memers. LO< PICCCKLE RICK AMIRITE GUYS?
Notice how something simialr from the first season accured by you didn't hear about it nearly as much? TIny Rick yeaaah! Never hear about that.

Pickle Rick episode was randum xD for no good reason, the avoiding therapy felt like an afterthought which is fucked.
The last couple have been better but the wholly this season feels shit.

I like it. Seasons 1 and 2 had their share of shitty episodes. You just have to deal with it.

I'M PICKLE RICK XDDDDDDD

Pickle Rick was mediocre at best.

sorry to voice my opinion you moronic fanboi

Season 1 episode 1 showed so much potential, the next episodes were good, slowly declining until season 3. Now it is kind of shit, they blew it although it may bounce back.

Or maybe it was making fun of the memers and you're too stupid to get the joke.

not the person ur replying to but it was bait

Maybe 2 of 12, but 6 in a row :(

>3rd season is a bit off innit?

one word niggers: Futurama

1 was ok, 5 was good and 6 was great

2,3,4 were off

>thinking pickle rick is brilliant
Isn't it past your bedtime?

but but but I'M PICKLE RICK XDDDDDDD

Most of the criticism of season 3 boils down to, "Wahh, women are on the writing team and that threatens my masculinity!!" It's fucking pathetic.

1 was written by a usual guy, 5 and 6 were written by usual guys.

2,3 & 4 were written by newly appointed women. Go figure

"I am behemently and mouth frothingly going to defend this show to the point that I'm going to act like I have a higher understanding of comedy and intelligence because I feel my interpretation of a shit episode in a cartoon show is better than yours"

Face it, the episode sucked.
If they meant it to suck - I';d refer you to the quote about acting like idiots invites actual idiots that think they're in good company.

Face it, your favourite little show sold out to the memers.

No it wasn't. I am sick and tired of fucking retards voicing this opinion. It was "okay" but definitely not "brilliant". If the whole show became like that I would quickly lose interest.

i didn't even know about women writers, i am just voicing my opinion you faggot

this

It is off. Not as clever, I dunno. It's almost like season 3 is a meme of the show when it was great... Doesn't even seem like the same writers.

I do however still believe they're inside the Shoneys

It's his only defense because he knows this season has had some shit episodes and guess who wrote them

They'r making it mainstream for fucking money

Okay bro, calm down. We get it, you're smarter than everyone else and that's okay. You can chill out now.

Okay bro chill out, it's okay if you're upset.

Well at least you finally get it

>Doesn't even seem like the same writers
Its not, they hired a bunch of women(50% of the writing staff is women) for MUH DAHVURCITY, and you can clearly tel

this.

all in all season 3 is kinda off in tone, hard to admit that as it is. Definitely going to bounce back though. I hope.

I lost interest in Futurama early on. What is this a reference to? That show had a similar trajectory?

>Being this threatened

I like the character development of morty, but overall bad season for now

>muh parents getting divorced subplot

no one gives a shit about this

Needs more episodes actually written by Ridley and Roiland and less episodes written by amateur 20something women trying too hard to be RaNdUm and thinking the way to appeal to men is with unfunny violence. Pickle Rick was just a shitty violence fest.

They are LITERALLY ruining hte show, check the credits for who wrote that episode and you'll find out why it was shit

OP here, to be honest, I really like the characters, even if the show gets beyond cancerous, I'd watch it, the past 2 seasons were so high quality, their nostalgic value will make me continue watching.

Maybe they should release some better games, some RPGs, open world/space games to enrich the universe, might get many other spin-offs

No.
It's because women aren't funny.

women

ALL MY LIFE

Futurama started with loads of new ideas and promise of being a great show, then it went into decline and by the start of S3 it was just rehashing the same ideas over and over

agreed.

It's okay if you're jealous that women are funnier than you. You can admit that here.

When you can name two funny women out of the 3.5 billion on the planet, I'll consider what you're saying.

No, seriously.

Name two funny women out of 2,500,000,000 women.

It must be hard looking for meaning and great writing and trying to squeeze it out of the perfect embodiment of postmodern thought in the form of a cartoon for preteens and teens. Fucking pathetic.

Nope. I love it.

I have two sisters. They're both funny.

Wow, that was easy.

when they fired half the original writing staff to replace them with women on the account of diversity, yeah you could say it's a bit off.

It was perfectly in line with some of the sitcom shit from earlier seasons. Let's see:

-The purge
-Get Swiffy
-50% of the other episodes

agree with satan trips

>Pickle Rick was literal pandering to the memers

yeah I Didn't see it that way. I saw it maybe as a bit overhyped, since we _thought_ it was going to be the episode that dealt with how rick escaped.

I thought the counseling was great too.

Sorry edgelord, I know bedtimes are a big deal at your age. It's always telling to see how people insult eachother - says a lot about themselves.

we need ID's back for these MRA cucklords. Oh look another thread about how the female writers are ruining rick and morty...

aw look, he "won" his first online argument!

I usually see these issues as growing pains. Good example of this is Flight of the Conchords - you sort of blow through your planned material, then the material you had in the back of your head, and now you are looking at a whole season and multiple story arcs in your future. The creative well gets hit hard. On top of that if your show is doing well have you maybe have new contracts, your bosses want you to change your production flow, etc etc. Different writers will definitely bring in a different feel - but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I thought the whirly dirly was a throwaway episode, and the last one was a bit meh, but w/e. People who are all bitching about women writers are just being fucking stupid.

Too bad they arent writing for the show then

Diane Morgan

They literaly arent.
They are turning the show in to a divorce drama.
Summer will get super emo and angsty about everything.
Morty will be dumb to it all and start to see his dad as a true asshole and distance him self and use adventures to put him out of his mind
rick will be LOL JK IM SO RANDUMB
Jerry will try to get back in to the kids lives but reasize they dont want him so he drinks and occoationally goes to the mothers house drunk

its blareingly obvious where the show is going

go away damon

post pics of your sisters, I might masturbate to them

I will give you that one. I forgot about her. Damn it.

>Dont blame the people who wrote the bad episodes, look at all these other excuses I have instead

>Your mom thinking you would grow up to be something
>The jokes your ex makes about your tiny penis

thats 2

Blame them for their writing, not "boo hoo they are women". And I think pickle rick was a great.

she is funny, but everything diane morgan says is written by charlie brooker

I've been watching with my gf. She's pretty much hated season 3. I've been trying to defend it. We didn't know about the female writing staff.

I'm going to tell her and see how she reacts. Could be amusing.

That all sounds pretty obvious if you don't understand the subtleties of the show's writing. That's okay, not everyone is intelligent enough to really "get it". I guess people like you were never really meant to watch Rick and Morty.

.. im sorry are we expecting a cartoon comedy show to be realistic now?

My dick is huge

And green

A huge green alien dick

LOLOL PICKLE RICK!!!!

funny, right?

The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy was the first episode that I thought was "meh" and it's been on going since then.

First season with female writers.

sure, but I don't think you could just hand that material to any woman and have it come out as funny as when Diane Morgan does it

tl;dr - Diane Morgan is naturally funny

lol yeah, why nobody needed such "subtitles" in the previous 2 seasons? Your bullshit is hilarious, you try to make an unfunny shit, a somewhat hidden gem that only your faggoty ass can detect? Pathetic

I don't get why anybody could think that. It's just as good as it ever was except the animation quality is better.

tfw you don't have a high enough iq to keep up

guess they made the barrier a lil too high this season huh

wubba lubba dub dub
-pickle rick

lol pathetic genius team is here

she's also really hot in a sexy nerdy way

hey anyone have some MRA links? I need to be red pilled with some real knowledge about the feminist lizard person jew conspiracy

don't worry - no one feels that way just a few mra fags who post this thread all the time.
>gee what is wrong with s3?
>samefag: It's because of the womenz@!

It was only created for Pocket Mortys. They got like 4 new ones. Last episode too. Giant Summer and toxic versions. It's all about pocket mortys and your scrubbed data and shekels.

Hey man, I'm just posting observations. You're the one who was triggered by a divorce episode. Did that really upset you? Do you want to talk about it?

welp that didn't take long

>I need to pretend almost no one thinks differently than I do so I can feel superior

Mr pickles is a million times funnier and more entertaining
Don't get why so many autists actually like R&M

Yeah, I would deffo fuck Diane Morgan. The Bolton accent is fucking awful though.

I knew this thread would be a flame war

Woot! Rick and Morty rage, I got my popcorn ready.

One thing I really hate about R&M is the family. None of them have any distinct personalities, it's like they just drew really generic characters and gave them really generic character traits.

I liked the toxic episode though

Excuse me sir, could I trouble you to watch this short webm if you're going to insist on posting racist memes?

I wanna die

Mr. Pickles is just Metalocalypse with less characters.

fewer characters

less characters

heres some oc

>I'm just posting observations
you need to check your eyes, user.

you know you're wrong