I just watched this, is it any good?

I just watched this, is it any good?

You can't fight in here! This is the joint cheif of staff's military planning room!

MEIN FUHRER! I CAN STAND!!!!
The cast when that doctor is talk are all cracking up and keep trying to hide it on all shots. Good stuff.

irony truly is the highest form of humor

Nah, it's not in color so I fell asleep 5 minutes in.

I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
But I do deny them my essence.

aaaaand now I gotta watch dr strangelove again

Who else hyped as FUCK?

In my opinion it's a perfectly paced movie.

Each scene follows from the previous one so smoothly, the flow of attention from one moment to the next is so natural, that it doesn't feel like this movie has a middle part. It maintains the same lighthearted energy from the beginning of the movie until it ends. It's like reading a short story, there's only one act.

Do you need others to tell you if you are allowed to like something or to think something is good?

What do you think? Do you think it's good? Well there is your answer.

>In my opinion it's a perfectly paced movie.

although i think it's a brilliant movie, the scenes in the airplane do drag a little, don't they?

Well I don't know if it was good or not. I need you to tell me

I usually just ask my wife's boyfriend

If you liked Dr. Strangelove, I highly recommend Fail-Safe from Sidney Lumet.

It is basically the same story but without the satire and joked, a full on thriller, a horror even in certain moments.
It was released only a few months after Dr. Strangelove so it never reached a wider audience, while I think it should be considered a classic masterpiece right next to 12 Angry Men. It has a far better impact on the viewer than Dr. Strangelove.

And also you will see the best onscreen american president ever put on film.

Best Kubrick desu

its garbage, hipster wank off.

I didn't like it much. It probably had more impact when it was made and had the ring of relevance and truth to it.
Today its just a curiosity.
Perhaps if a 3rd world war looms large once again it will be seen in another light,

Agreed, saw it a few days ago and I was blown away.

>It was released only a few months after Dr. Strangelove so it never reached a wider audience,
It stole Strangelove's oscar and has had a remake. The idea that it's unknown is just bizarre.

>It has a far better impact on the viewer than Dr. Strangelove.
No it doesn't, it's a mediocre melodrama at best.

i love the bomb but strangelove doesn't hold a candle to full metal jacket

Best 3rd world war film I ever saw was a tv movie: By dawn's early light

It was great.
And starred James Earl Jones who was in Strangelove.

>The idea that it's unknown is just bizarre.
In todays world it sure is. Unknown is maybe not the correct word but for example, it has only 14 thousand ratings on IMDb while Dr. Strangelove has almost 350 thousand ratings. Basically whole Lumet's career is for some reason barely even talked about if you don't count 12 Angry Men.

>No it doesn't, it's a mediocre melodrama at best.
Now to say that is absurd really. You don't have to enjoy the movie, but a mediocre melodrama? In what way is it mediocre?
A mediocre movie would have a ton of american propaganda, especially in that time. It is just as absurd to say it's mediocre like I say any Kubrick movie is "mediocre".

I thought he looked familiar

Why do you need us to tell you what to think about the movie?

Make up your own mind.

btw I loved the movie, especially the ending.

Is this also in Europe?

I am as sorry as you are Dimitri, don't say that you're more sorry than I am because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are. So we're both sorry, alright? Alright.

I enjoyed this and would recommend it too.

Best product placement

Can someone explain the ending? I don't get it.

The nukes are dropped and humanity is doomed.

Also the nazi doctor was pretending to be a cripple the whole time.

The doomsday machines go off and there are lots of explosions

apparently that wasn't in the script and he really was a cripple. but the lines about the 10 woman to 1 man were ad libbed and the I CAN WALK was ad libbed as well

>Also the nazi doctor was pretending to be a cripple the whole time.
why

were you watching the movie at all? They just went into about how every man will have 10 women and they have to repopulate the earth. He says he can walk because he wants in on that action it's a funny line

for sympathy

seehe wasn't pretending originally just improv that turned out well.

>black and white
>good
Pick one. It's a snore fest and a lot of the jokes are outdated.

>He says he can walk because he wants in on that action
But why was he pretending on the first place.

>took this movie completely seriously as a thriller
>enjoyed it on its merits as a suspenseful film rather than a satire
Should I off myself?