What is the worst twist of all time?

What is the worst twist of all time?

I AM YOUR FATHER

you know its true

Not that one. It's actually a good movie.

The one in The Village is fucking awful.

>HURR DURR THEY WERE LOVING IN MODERN TIMES ALL ALONG

Fuck you, Shyamalan, you fucking hack.

Shutter Island. I saw it ten minutes in.

This faggot

Nope.

luke and and whatsherface being siblings. it felt like a studio decision

Oliver Twist

Wait Jesse Eisenberg was in The Village?

>oh yeah, Adrian Brody was in that

Wasn't there a book with the same twist: The girl was actually living in a museum exhibit?

Honestly, nothing in this thread is 'worst twist ever' yet. They are shit, but I'm sure there is something even worse somewhere.

this one

Dark Knight Rises: he survived. It's foreshadowed but still.

Honestly? Probably one of the later Saw movies.

People that actually read the novel say the adaptation was just bad.

Usual Suspects

I wonder if anyone actually liked the twist, or even the movie unironically. For me, it's nostalgia but I can't say I like the film.

Actually that was the most mindblowing twist I've seen in a film.
Pure Kino.

child

This is a good point. Luckily, it means nada in the plot, so it doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the movie.

>you were hypnotised and fucked your daughter silly

What it about?

What is the plot twist?

The Amish are pretty prominent in American culture, so it was always my first assumption that they were living in modern times.

Really none of it was that movie was unusual the Amish are pretty fucked up.

Been a while since I rewatched it. It was something like there's someone fucking with the protagonist, he starts searching for him. Finds him and turns out it is someone he left to die long time ago, but in the end this person is just his Tyler Durden projection. I only remember a hilarious scene in the end when he holds a gun to his head.

Could you call the "twist" about Life of Pie a true twist? All I know is that I took my 2 sisters to the movies to watch an adventure about a boy and his tiger getting stranded on an island and they both left on the verge of tears on how crappy it was.

>verge of tears
Kek, I can't even imagine being that destroyed.

I think the consensus is that, yes, it counts as a twist.

This holy shit. When Fox aired the first 4 episodes of season 6 in two-hour chunks over two nights (that seems winded it was sunday 2 episodes, monday 2 episodes) it was the best 24 had ever been. What an incredible start to a season, then it devolved into this bizarre soap opera complete with evil long lost brother who was behind everything in season 5, even eviler father bauer who kills said evil brother, and implies that Jack is the father of his evil brother's son for some reason. It was a real shame since Season 5 totally reinvigorated the series and was probably the peak of the series only to have it all undone the following year. The show never really recovers with a lackluster season 7 and a good but meandering season 8 with a few great parts.

I will always be mad about this.

kek, eisenberg is there.

the worse twist was that the monster was the town retard in a scooby doo costume

Wait, Eisenberg was in the Village? I dont remember that

Yeah, except virtually all Amish people still have interactions with modern people in some way, ie using their wagons on our paved roads. They know the modern world exist, they just choose to deny the changes made.

24 was never good
It was always cheap thrills, the season structure was a gimmick.

Not only are both twists awful, but they're both predictable.

You're sitting there watching this movie, and you're pretty sure you know what is going to happen, but you're hoping you're wrong. Then it happens, and you can't even feel the satisfaction of figuring out ahead of time, because it's such a tremendous let down. You knew it was going to happen and it STILL bummed you the fuck out.

I have to hand it to M Night Shammydoos. It's almost genius in how bad it is. Seriously. I can't think of another movie that manages take a perfectly good concept, all but tell you it's going to fuck it up, then fuck it up, and not even let you have the satisfaction of knowing it was going to fuck it up.

The Village is two hours of that feeling you have when you wake up on a weekday twelve minutes before your alarm is going to go off.

kek

That's the twist OP is talking about

HOLD THE DOOR

Now You See Me. The twist in this movie is so bad it doesn't even make sense

High Tension

What a cast

Nah. 24 was great. Of course the structure was a gimmick but that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. It tried something totally new and for slightly more than half of its history it succeeded.

It had a sort of gritty spy/tactical realism that was entirely original and heavily influenced the Bourne series and thus most mid-late 2000s action, noir, crime, and police films.

I know it's not for everyone but for audiences who enjoy that sort of thing we were truly blessed for 8 glorious years in a row. Jack Bauer is forever cemented as one of the most iconic characters now.

does it end with "Now you don't!"

Lucky Slevine Number. The twist itself was not bad but double twist LUCY LIU WAS ACTUALLY ALIVE AND NOT KILLED AT ALL GUYS was idiotic beyond measure.

The bourne films were based off books from the 80s.

I agree user, and that wasn't the original ending. Apparently it didn't go well with test audiences so they either did reshoots or they had shot it for just in case.

Awful

Right and what was the cinematography like in those books?

Alot better than the movies

Pretty sure the movie was based off a book with the same premise, although the book went in a different direction. In the book, the village is actually a science experiment and a "zoo" of sorts, and the main character escapes early on. The rest of the book shows her experiencing the modern world.

The book was much better. I don't remember the name though.

fuck you, sometimes cheap thrills is what you want. you watch kino and drink wine and sometimes you watch jack bauer power hour and eat popcorn

You do not undestand user. The real twist is it was another Jims comedy all along. it was his 23rd comedy film.

I was just disappointed that the greatest long running television series was shit from day 1.

Cheap thrills are fine, and I don't blame people for enjoying the show.
But Cheap thrills are just that, cheap.

This one was really lame, why even make the fucking movie...

>Joel Schumacher

Oh now I understand.

when i was in 8th grade i twisted my willy really hard to ma ke the back part face toward me and it rip the skin a little bit. well i didnt want to tell my mom because i was embarrassed and scarsd about it so i tried to clean my penis in the sink and i slip standing on my little sisters tooth brushing stool and smash my balls on the counter so hard i had to go the hospital. the good part of all of it i didnt know about realizing til after was i got to jusg lie and say all the injury came at the same time so no one ever found out in mentally retarded and twisted mt own pecker until it injured lol have a good one

-ryan

It starts with that.

everyone did

>The Village is two hours of that feeling you have when you wake up on a weekday twelve minutes before your alarm is going to go off.

This is a beautifully composed post. Have you considered writing film reviews.

This.

>michael myers was working for the thorn cult the whole time
>also he had a child with his niece

That. Oh, and the tv movie with Richard Camberlain and Jacklyn Smith.

wat movie?

oldboy?

>The Village is two hours of that feeling you have when you wake up on a weekday twelve minutes before your alarm is going to go off.

Machinist.

The only reason anyone cares about that piece of shit is that Batman lost weight.

Is the twist that the guy with the sunglasses is real?
I lost interest and stopped watching the movie about halfway through.

Jesse Eisenberg was in this?

wtf

He had ran over a woman and then.. uhh... well he had ran over a woman.

Feels good forgetting that shit.

This is a perfect description. That is such a horrible, eerie feeling that just ends in disappointment.

Ha. Nicely said.

I remember liking it, but I had the twist spoiled. Might have even been on Sup Forums back in the day. (It was the only place to discuss western films and tv.) Also qt Bryce.

> Plagiarism allegationEdit
> Simon & Schuster, publishers of the 1995 young adults' bookRunning Out of TimebyMargaret Peterson Haddix, claimed that the film had taken ideas from the book.[18]The book had a plot which features a village whose inhabitants are secretly forced to live in the 1830s when the year is actually 1996. The plot of Shyamalan's movie had several similarities to the book. They both involve a village, which is actually a park in the present day (Shyamalan uses a late nineteenth-century village), have young heroines on a search for medical supplies, and both have adult leaders bent on keeping the children in their village from discovering the truth. In Haddix's novel, the truth is that the village is a genetic experiment; in the movie, that the adults had decided to withdraw from the outside world.
> No lawsuit was ever filed over the similarity.[19]

What does Sup Forums think of Identity?