1drv.ms/f/s!AjxslawC07VchONzHWVFPkBpOJHcKQ
forum.koohii.com/thread-14513.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

-

>Production cards in Anki

Good reinforcement for a beginner?

Or just a waste of time?

I was wondering what this sentence meant. 「ここだけは、誤魔化しなしでお願いします」

Please don't try to pull the wool over our eyes.

Is there a good way to learn Japanese besides Anki?

I don't mean a different flash card program though. Something different altogether.

Quality op image aside (*^_^*)、 would you mind at least waiting till the previous thread dies before creating a new thread, Herr user? Making one early is a bit of a dick move to the thread of the board, as it pushes a thread off the catalogue and artificially speeds up the board.

Metric shitload of reading and listening to comprehensive content. Reference unknown structures with grammar guides and look up unknown words with dictionaries. After a while more and more content will be comprehensible and the more you will acquire from consuming it.

to the rest of the board*

I have a GBA emulator on my android and would like to play some Genki-level games. I was thinking of MegamanZero but since it's on the android I can't move around very well. Pokemon is boring. Any other ideas? Basically: 1) Not super hard to understand and 2) Doesn't require quick movements. Thanks.

Anki is definitely good to accumulate your first 200 or so words really fast, so you have some foundation to read off of.

He's not commanding his Stand to stop time 「時を止まれ」, he is addressing Time itself, and is telling it to stop「時よ止まれ」.

Not him, but to elaborate on this:

I asked my Japanese teacher and a Japanese friend of mine to explain what exactly よ is doing here. Turns out that it's, like, demanding/asking for the noun's attention. It's kind of like "YOU, TIME! STOP!"

You can also think of it kind of like how よ is usually used at the end of a sentence, for emphasis, but instead it's being used to emphasize who or what you're talking about.

But yeah, DIO can't be saying を because 止まれ is an instransitive verb anyway.

Japanese classes aren't as bad as people think because, while the classes are slow, you can just rush ahead of the class and use classtime to ask these questions. The important questions.

>Japanese classes aren't as bad as people think because, while the classes are slow, you can just rush ahead of the class and use classtime to ask these questions.
Unless your teacher is a sad moron who believes は marks the subject and is synonimous with が. Or who believes と can be used for linking sentences as if it was the て-form. Or who believes that the informal past form is created by attaching た to the verb stem.
I swear every class she finds a new way to baffle me with how mediocre she is.

>Or who believes that the informal past form is created by attaching た to the verb stem.
This one is actually correct.

No it's not. If that was the case, then the past form of 帰る would be 帰りた, but it's not. It's 帰った.

It's called 音便(おんびん).
In う・つ・る 五段 verbs, the last syllable of the 連用形 goes through 促音便 and changes to っ.
>買いた→買った
>待ちた→待った
>帰りた→帰った
There are also some verbs ending in う that go through ウ音便 and change from い back to う instead:
>問いた→問うた
>請いた→請うた
The verb 言う also conjugates this way into いうた or ゆうた in some dialects.
ぶ・ぬ・む 五段 verbs go through 撥音便 and the last syllable changes to ん, and then the voicing shifts over to the た to make だ.
>遊びた→遊んだ
>死にた→しんだ
>済みた→済んだ
く・ぐ 五段 verbs go through イ音便 to い, and for ぎ the voicing carries over again.
>書きた→書いた
>泳ぎた→泳いだ
行く is an exception that goes through 促音便 instead.
>行きた→行った
す verbs are the only type of 五段 verb where there's no sound change:
>話した
Irregular 来る and する also attach directly to the stem with no sound changes:
>来た
>した
As do all 一段 verbs:
>見た
>食べた

>す verbs are the only type of 五段 verb where there's no sound change:
>>話した
The vowel in the し is generally not pronounced and it's treated as the same category of sound change. Not necessarily true of する's however despite the 連用形 being treated as the same as that of modern す verbs.

No, that's not what I'm talking about, I don't care about the phonetic origins of tenses or any of that shit that's way to complex for someone at the level she expects me to be anyways (In fact, I don't even think she's aware of this whole thing), she specifically told me I have to attach た to the masu stem. For non-autists, this means "Change the last vowel to an I and add た".

To be fair, that may be correct. Whoever said you were learning """Standard""" Japanese? She may be teaching you a dialect. All I know is that it's not Kansai-ben and I don't think it's Tohoku-ben either.

>She may be teaching you a dialect.
If she is teaching me a dialect (She's not, but I know you're most likely baiting anyway), that's more reason to drop her.

I'm not baiting, if she learned Japanese by living in Japan then, in all likelihood, she did not learn standard Japanese. Tokyo speaks the standard dialect, the rest of Kanto does. The rest of Japan can speak it but generally speaks their dialect. My Japanese teacher lived in Osaka and the only reason he doesn't speak Kansai-ben is because he moved just outside of Tokyo and eventually forgot it from not using it.

Again, I hate to break it to you, but most of Japan speaks a dialect, so it's likely that she's teaching you one of those rather than her just being wrong. If you want to drop her because you think she must just be wrong instead, that's your problem.

誰がこの精液の悪魔ですか?

No, I'm pretty sure she has never lived in Japan. She said it took her 10 years to get to N5.
But even if she had, I would still be right to drop her because
1. She still teaches me blatantly wrong information, and sucks at explaining
2. Starting by teaching a dialect (without even telling them you'll be teaching a dialect) is a terrible way to teach someone. They'll end up speaking like an autist and will have difficulty understanding almost anything that isn't in that specific dialect.

>1. She still teaches me blatantly wrong information
It's not wrong if it's a dialect, it's just not standard. Your second point could be right though, I don't know her.

>It's not wrong if it's a dialect, it's just not standard.
I wasn't referring to that specifically, there's other things that she said that I later found out were flat out wrong. You don't use と to link sentences the same way you would use "and" in English. That's what the て form is for. At the very least, dialects don't change the very grammatical structure of a language.
Also, Occam's Razor. I'd say, between her being wrong or teaching me some obscure dialect, being wrong is far more likely. Especially given that she's pretty mediocre in many other areas.

>10 years to get to N5

Is this normal?

It's not. Took my 3 years of "studying" (a.k.a. pretending to study a language I lost all interest in because of a crappy teacher) and one year of actual studying to get to N5.

okay lads

redpill me on japanese grammar

私は友達を知らない

Yes. Going to a Japanese school for at least 9 years and learning everything in chewable chunks. Then you'll have the basics.

The redpill is studying 文語 grammar and learning Japanese grammatical terms.

色は匂へど 散りぬるを
我が世誰ぞ 常ならむ
有為の奥山 今日越えて
浅き夢見じ 酔ひもせず

>No, I'm pretty sure she has never lived in Japan. She said it took her 10 years to get to N5.
Drop that hot potato.

魔導器の中には植物と融合し
有機的特性を身に付けることで
進化をするものがある、です
I will never not struggle with exposition parts in JRPGs.

魔導器の中には植物と融合し, does this mean the inside of 魔導器 is fused with plants?

I'm completely lost.

I think it says "Inside of 魔導器 there is a thing that evolves by fusing with plants and taking on organic characteristics."

The し in 融合し is the 連用形 of する being used to connect to the next part of the sentence.

>犬
>上げた
HAHAHAHAHA VEGANS ARE DELUSIONAL.

DJT is like on 4 fucking boards

is it decentralized?

is there a hidden 5th that is the head?

youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-sKXuauTY

4 boards?
>Sup Forums
>/jp/
>???
>???

this "中" doesn't mean physical "inside", but closer to "among" indicating some elements of a kind.

So it's rather "Some 魔導器 get fused with plants and evolve into something by means of obtaining organic characteristics."

Sup Forums also has a moonrunes general

This thread was moved from Sup Forums in particular though. Have they set it back up again?

Is there a good place to watch a livestream of the news? Looked in the resource guide and couldn't find it

>VEGANS ARE DELUSIONAL
Well, yes, they are. But what does that sentence have to do with it?

Probably that it should've been やった considering it's a dog. Or something like that

/djt/, about this:
Does the "ko" in that dialogue in particular really specify gender?

Ah, that would make sense.

Relatively minor question, but what's the purpose of the のこと here? The sentence would have been perfectly fine without it, right? I understand the traditional meaning of のこと, it just seems kind of unnecessary to me here if she just wants to say "I'm going to call you X starting today"

It doesn't really specify gender but it is usually talking about a boy when a girl is asking.
On a side note, the ゆるゆり threads on Sup Forums are fucking terrible. Discussing a manga series/anime adaptation with EOPs is like trying to have a conversation about SCUBA diving with people who can't swim.

I see, thank you.

Yeah, the sentence would have been fine without it, but it's also fine with it.

>It doesn't really specify gender but it is usually talking about a boy when a girl is asking.

Usually you wouldn't say こ if it was girls talking about a boy

その「君のこと」は、「具体的に君という人」というような感じ
訳出に意味はないが
「君が好き」と「君のことが好き」で違いを書けば
君のことが好き; I love you, including that I love just you I am looking at right now.
というような感じ
名前の「子」は本来は性別には関係ない
例えば「小野妹子」は男である
しかし、平安期以降、女性名特有の接尾辞として用いられてきた
特に、これは内親王(天皇からみて直系で二親等以内の女性皇族)に「子」がつけられていた事に強く由来すると思われる
If you want to learn more
Come to Japanese Thread

The fact that you feel the need to have to come here and shill for your Japanese Thread is evidence of its inferiority.

Please don't take Pantsuya as a representative of the Japanese Thread. He's a mentally ill riajuu with a teenage daughter and a fetish for high school girls.

Is there anything in the cloud drive below worth adding to the CoR?
1drv.ms/f/s!AjxslawC07VchONzHWVFPkBpOJHcKQ

Found it posted here, not yet deleted for some reason.
forum.koohii.com/thread-14513.html

Fuck off dickhead.

Yeah, you surely taught that guy who barely knows 子 a lot with your Japanese explanation.

>そんなに飲まなかった方がよかった。
>It was better not to have drunk that much.
Does this imply the person drank (or didn't), or is it ambiguous? The yokatta being used so often as a relief expression makes my brain automatically lock into a good outcome, but the grammar doesn't seem to necessarily express it.

It would have been better not to have drunk that much.

So he DID drink, but shouldn't have?
And if I turn よかった into いい it becomes the opposite, with him not having drunk and that being a good thing?

がよかった
ばよかった

lel
そんなに~よかった
NOT SO MUCH
You should not have drunk so much. ( including you drank too much)
If you want to learn more
Come to Japanese Thread

F U C K O F F R E T A R D

他スレで嘘ばっかり教えている奴が、何吠えてんの?
ちったー、まともに書いてみろよ

R E T A R D
you are!
マジ 諦めた方がいいよ
永遠の出来ないちゃん

I assume Japanese thread isn't suitable for Japanese learners here. They would be interested only in Japanese language and rather disgust our shit talk.

This is true, the odd question doesn't hurt but we mustn't disturb the spammer (´・ω・`)

When pronouncing foreign words, can I just pronounce them like in regular English or do I have to Engrish them up?
Like, saying Internet instead of Intaanetto

As awkward as it may be, Engrish them up.

When in rome. They don't talk like that for shits and gigs, and a lot of the weasel words can have different meanings like cunning and follow.

When you say Mexico in English, do you say Maxxy coal or Méjico?

If you think about English loanwords in your language, they're most likely to be deformed by Spanish, so why shouldn't the same occur in Japanese?

Don't get me wrong, I also think it's awkward (as Norway put it), but I think we tend to pay extra attention to these loanwords because they are katakana'd and are the only somewhat recognizable word from our previously learned languages.

In「お?どこで覚えたそのセリフ」, ("Oh? Where did you learn that line?") how come セリフ is allowed to be sentence-final instead of a verb or sentence-final particle? Is it implicitly attached to an を through some rule?

Oh? Where did you learn it, that line of yours?

Same principle. Japanese sentences like to tack on things to the end sometimes to clarify.

I see, thanks - that makes a lot of sense. Is it acceptable to finish that way with a specific particle too? (like, if it ended in そのセリフを)

どこで覚えた
そのセリフ

Then, does that mean, the way this works is that そのセリフ is a second sentence that's simply specifying information about the first one? I often have trouble separating out the sentences when there aren't periods.

it's sentence fragment inversion just like it is in english in no mystery here

Completely retarded question. Why won't the Core 2k deck play any sound?

Yep, that's okay, too.

台詞(科白)
この場合は「言い草」/「決まり文句」という意味
文法的には、倒置法で体言止めの文章
It is a rhetoric method, called the 倒置法.
"のか", which is next to おぼえた, is omitted.
「どこで、おほえた、そのセリフ」=どこで、その台詞を覚えたのか
Where did you learn that fixed expression?
lol
it's mere anastrophe
That fixed expression, where did you learn?
above

そのセリフはどこで覚えたの?
↓ inversion
どこで覚えたの? そのセリフは
↓ versification
どこで覚えた そのセリフ (kana 7 5)

Yeah better, cos sometimes saying an english word in an english accent throws them off

anastrophe implies inversion

sentence fragment means you're not looking at moving individual words

"semtence fragment inversion" isn't a fixed expression

Basically this.

This isn't actually anastrophe. Anastrophe is like using the object as the topic in non-ergative languages.

i know
i want to say about that Japanese sentence
I used it for translation of the word, 倒置法 of 国文法

Yeah the jargon seems to be slightly different over there. It's fine.

JGには「連体止め/体言止め」という用語すらないだろ?
非常に汎用的な文型で、ここから現代口語の形容動詞を除き連体形と終止形が同形ということが生じた

俺はちんちん大好きだよ

Very informative, thanks. I always wondered why matters of love or affection always involved a のこと.

私はまんまんが大好きだよ。
ゲイじゃないんで(*´▽`*)

Could be a few things
>Your deck download didn't include them (check media folder)
>Files aren't referenced by the proper name (check name of sound in notes)
>Sound isn't set to play on front or back of card (check that {{AudioFieldName}} or whatever is on the side you want sound on)
>Your sound is muted

Thanks for the help.

Remembering these words in Anki is hella hard, man.

Why does reading Japanese sentences feel like decoding Layton puzzles?

I have no idea if I'm it reading it right unless I take over an hour decoding every single part of the sentence.

Why do American weeaboos want to learn Japanese when China and Chinese culture is superior in every way?

pls respond

Mandarin sounds like shit and a lot of Chinese people are horrible people. They're barely civilized, and the air in the cities are literal lung cancer.

I'm not interested in modern Chinese culture. The language is interesting, but I can't find any reasons to study it because there's no good media to read or listen to.
The only thing I've found that holds my interest is classical Chinese literature, so if I learned Chinese I would probably learn the classical language instead.

>tfw two people fall for the laziest troll known to mankind

>I was merely pretending