Has anyone had any experience of coming off Zoloft / Sertraline

Has anyone had any experience of coming off Zoloft / Sertraline.

I'm in the process now but can only find bad news stories on line.

What? Pfizer doesn't want people to stop taking their medicine? Stop the press.
Just pretend to be Dr House.

Tbh after I stopped them I felt worse and now Its been years and Im completely fucked dude. Like I am constantly depressed the only times I can feel anything is when I'm drunk.

Great

Current taker here. I get headaches and waves of dizziness when I forget to get my refills. It sucks, but not fatal.

Op here.

I've been on 100 mg for 2 years, I've been tapering off for the last 6-8 weeks and now down to 50mg. I've been taking it very slowly.

I've actually not had any real withdrawal effects that were particularly bad, sweats a bit, weird dreams etc.

More recently after going to 50mg I've had flu symptoms and feeling quite sick.

I just wanted to hear some stories of people who'd come off it fine so reassure myself.

I get extremely irritable when I come off them for about a week then it passes. I also have these wires headaches likes feel like a pulse or mini shock to my brain for a couple weeks.
I generally feel better on them than before my anger and anxiety is basically gone. Feel a bit reckless and no empathy but I like being that way as too used to being anxious and unable to be myself.

Oh also I'm on 100mg a day

I would get these weird electric like jolts in my head every time I would blink after taking this for about a year. Never really felt depressed again, though. I guess it was kind of like a chemical lobotomy.

Definitely agree with the reckless thing you'd referring to. I almost feel like much more confident from them because I don't have a cloud of anxiety over me.

Have you now come off it or still on?

anti depressents are a temporary fix, if you want to stop being depressed just find a reason to live

I've been off it for years and still no real depression no matter how shitty life gets sometimes. It made mdma stop working for me, though, which really sucks because I loved rolling.

Was on sertraline for about 8 months.
Started off weird, had days I felt out of it and disonnected.

Settled after a mknth or so and I actually started feeling good, got up and went for walks, had pangs of hapiness etc.

Found it hard to cum, which was fucking annoying and turned into a borderline alcoholic - I liked drinking before but for some reason I wanted to get smashed all the time.

Woke up in strange places, gave myself concussion and realised I was trading problems for other problems.

If you want to fight depression find the route cause and tackle it head on, Meds are a quick fix to get you through a rough patch - not a long term solution imo.

They may work better for you but pumping meds into your system is just blanketing over issues, unless you make changes you're just prolonging the problem.

Ah that's awesome, how long were you on it originally?

I also used to love ecstasy back in the day, albeit I also attribute my drug abuse towards my depression, rightly or wrongly.

Also I went cold turkey off the sertralline, against my doctors advice.

Fuck me that was an experience and a half.

Done the same for me with cocaine.

I have done now, the sertraline just helped me get going with sorting my life out.

Feeling much better now so keen to return to life off it.

Just worried about potential withdrawals / long term side effects.

Yea best not to get on the (((medicine))) they want you on.. it fucks u up .. weed is the way to go

About a year on Zoloft and a year previously on Paxil.

I was on Zoloft from 6th grade to 10th, after I stopped taking it it took me a fat minute to feel above a 5/10 in mood. Once it works it's way out of you you need to make an effort to find interests again because it's easy to fall back into your depressed habits and thoughts.

Wow, even with coke? Man that WOULD suck. It just fucked up X for me.

Paxil made me feel like I could literally kill a nigger at the drop of a hat. Luckily I never let that rate get beyond my thoughts or I'd be in prison now.

I can't help you if it's about Depression. I take it for OCD. It helps treat the ridiculous anxiety I have. It's not something I'd go without, either.

But coming off of it give me migraines. Thats about it for me.

almost done with psychology studies of 5 years reporting in. Try the meds and try to get the right dosage for a while. Don't give up at once. The bad stories you read online are probably true, but the salience of those is only cause the people for whom it works don't go posting online about it, they just go on with their lives.

Try them, if they dont work out, try something else. I've seen people go from depressed to normal in a 3 week period. It's all about... what works for your body

Okay thank you, expected as much

NEVER TAKE MDMA WITH AN SSRI.
I don't know if you were on Zoloft while you took Molly, but you can get serotonin syndrome from doing mixing

Did they stop?

i used to take coke and molly on Zoloft 10 years ago. never got serotonin syndrome. took ecstasy prob 5-10x and cocaine i was using 5x a week.

Really liked that first point you made, didn't think of it that way, thanks.

I've been on for 2 years, they've served their purpose, no regrets about using them but now ready to get back to life without.

Try diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Doses as indicated on package. It may help alleviate symptoms.

Took them for a few months, but stopped taking because I felt weird all the time and didn't help with my lows. BUT, an awesome side affect for me was it gave me constant premature ejaculation. Like almost instant ejaculation when I became aroused. My wife and slampigs hated it, but it was so fun to me. I could cum three times in 10 minutes under the right conditions.