Human-caused climate change is not real, LOL

>Human-caused climate change is not real, LOL
Time to face the facts, deniers.

Other urls found in this thread:

defense.gov/News/Article/Article/612710/
archive.defense.gov/pubs/150724-congressional-report-on-national-implications-of-climate-change.pdf?source=govdelivery
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2017_European_cold_wave
xkcd.com/1732/
theconversation.com/what-would-happen-to-the-climate-if-we-stopped-emitting-greenhouse-gases-today-35011
pollutionsolutions-online.com/news/air-clean-up/16/breaking-news/what-would-happen-if-we-stopped-polluting-today/34330
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>human-caused
nice try, liberals

Science has nothing to do with politics, and your trying to conflate the two just proves that you're not very smart at all, likely one of the 'wilfully ignorant' types that seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately. Next?

> reasoning with retards

>implying I don't believe in climate change
>implying I don't hope the human contribution is very real and significant
>implying I don't want to see SF hit 150 in my lifetime and fry those useless faggots
>implying I don't want the Middle East to just turn into a giant fucking frying pan
>implying I don't love global warming.

Eventually everyone except the most hard-headed, honestly retarded people can have the truth pounded into them, and weeding out those truly incapable of learning actually helps everyone in the long run.

Thanks for self-identifying. Please post your full legal name and current address so we can send a team to pick you up and take you to your new home at the re-education camp.

Found the califag

>Science has nothing to do with politics
this is bait

Alright so first thing first is that science has everything to do with politics whether you like that or not

Can you liberals hear me out here

Alright so I'm not denying climate change, the climate is 100% changeing and proof of that is climates from countries a thousand years ago have gotten warmer

Is it man made?
It's plausible

I'm skeptical because these fags told me that California should be under the ocean right now
And that 97% of scientist statistic has been proved of total bullshit

However I do believe the climate is getting hotter whether people are doing it or not

But the only thing being suggested by liberals is extremely high carbon tax which will only slow down the inevitable

Seriously imagine how much pollution will be going on in 1000 years from now

So instead of slowing down this shit why don't we spend money to find a way to fix this so we can blow off as much carbon as we want

Now go back to your andy sixx thread you 15 year old newfag

Damned proud of it, too.

LOL are you kidding me or something?
That's like saying 'guns are evil' or 'guns kill people'. Facts and real truth are politically neutral, how could you not understand that?

>106 degree weather
>outside playing basketball

Such horseshit.

>Alright so first thing first is that science has everything to do with politics whether you like that or not
LOL no that's some of the most ignorant bullshit I've ever heard in my life.
>The value of 'pi' is political
That's about the logic (or lack thereof) that you're using.
Please either educate yourself or go be ignorant somewhere else.

ch-ch-ch-checked
Also, this is a reason people are skeptical: climate change proposals are the same proposals liberals have made since the end of the Great War: higher taxes, more regulation of commerce, central planning, world governing bodies.

>So instead of slowing down this shit why don't we spend money to find a way to fix this so we can blow off as much carbon as we want

Nice trips, you absolute retard.

>41°C

wow so hot

Call me next time you have 42°C wit 45% humidity.

>t. Northern Italian

Maybe if you even TRIED to understand the actual research and science behind it, instead of just blindly agreeing with POLITICIANS and POLITICAL PUNDITS, you might think differently. Or is that just too much work for you?

I'm going to keep saying it:
>Science is NOT POLITICAL and if you think it is you are MISTAKEN.

all you have for 'facts and real truth' are studies produced by scientists funded by the state

pretending that math and science are the same

So it's not political at all, it's just that the solutions are all things progressives have wanted since 1919.

>funded by the state
Oh you mean the REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED STATE?
You're the ones trying to conflate 'science' with 'politics', so I guess with that comment you're AGREEING that climate change is human-caused. Welcome aboard.

>implying that the deep state is somehow conservative

>pretending that 'real truth' and 'real facts' have anything to do with politics, religion, or any other sociological human nonsense
Stop being in denial

>implying REAL TRUTH and REAL FACTS have anything whatsoever to do with POLITICS
>implying REAL TRUTH and REAL FACTS have anything whatsoever to do with POLITICS

I am implying that everyone itt is retarded especially the libturds.

Liberals always think liberalism is objectively true.
>It's just patently obvious that world government and carbon taxes are needed. Anyone who disagrees is a war criminal.

I don't know if this 56 year old lady is actually the real mother of the 5 year old.

Are crude oil and coal part of any political party?
>LOL no they're inanimate objects
Is the pollution that's causing global warming part of any political party?
>LOL no they're inanimate objects
Is the Scientific Method, chemistry, and physics part of any political party?
>LOL no those are just the basis for our modern civilization and all the technology, real facts, and real truth it's based on

Are you Dominionists? Do you want to destroy the Earth, to bring about the Second Coming of Christ?
That level of retarded nonsense would certainly explain your proud wilful ignorance.

See, I'm not even going to TRY to convince you of anything. I'm just INFORMING you.
Wilful ignorance will never win in the long run. You will be disregarded, just like the Dark Ages were eventually disregarded.
You will not be *allowed* to drag us back into a new Dark Age, you will not be *allowed* to destroy the one planet we can live on.
You can change, or you can be swept aside. Your choice.

>Is it man made?
>It's plausible
Man made, no. Not at all.

Influenced, yes. The amount of influence is debatable.

We (the human race) do not NEED to continue to burn fossil fuels like petroleum products and coal.

We have better technologies that do not cause the sort of pollution that is destroying the planet.

What you deniers (at least the ones who aren't Dominionists) don't understand is that the Corporate world is already embracing these newer technologies, because it benefits them financially. Electric cars are a reality. Alternative energy sources like solar and wind are a reality. Eventually, new-generations of nuclear power will be a reality. The Old Ways are going the (LOL) way of the dinosaur. NONE OF THIS THREATENS YOU IN ANY WAY. Stop being irrational about it.

We're going to save the world from our mistakes with or without you and you can't stop it from happening. Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

>world governing bodies.
You say that like it's a bad thing. We all live on the same planet. It only makes sense that there be a planetary forum where agreements are made between countries and has some power to enforce them. Limited power, though.

It's better to err on the side of caution, is it not?

When you have only ONE of something important, are you careless with it?
>LOL no not if you're smart!

We have ONE PLANET to live on. Why keep doing what we're doing and just HOPE we aren't fucking up?

We have better technologies than fossil fuels: What does anyone really have to lose?
>nothing

>animal extinction rates have occured at over 1000 times the background extinction rates since 1900 meaning we are currently in the middle of an extinction event similar in magnitude to the one that killed the dinosaurs
>currently 2% of the water on earth is fresh water, this is all we have to live on and we're depleting it rapidly. In 2040 we will simply run out of water if we continue this way
>deserts are constantly expanding due to deforestation and irresponsible agricultural practices
Even if you don't believe in climate change (which makes you a fucking idiot) you should still do everything you can to save this planet. It's the only one we have

I live in Sweden and we didn't have a summer this year.

Last summer I went to the beach like 14 times.
This one I didn't go a single time. I don't think it was 25 C more than 1 day.

In this world where most people only understand absolutes (right, wrong; black, white; yes, no) having any amount of ambiguity makes most uncomfortable, as does change.
Politicians play this up. Science has not been able to provide an absolute "yes, it's caused by us and will follow this exact timetable".
Politician be like "Since you are not 100% certain, then why change?"

More total thermal energy in the global weather system is causing wild weather patterns everywhere, but the worldwide average temperature is going up -- as is the temperature of the oceans, which is even more worrying.

is that why so much water was dumped into Houston?

>temperature of the oceans
At the surface, maybe. Where's the thermal sensors at the bottom? Do we know the whole ocean is warming or just the top three meters?

>Politician be like "Since you are not 100% certain, then why change?"
Sure. And policitians are notably ignorant when it comes to anything technological or scientific. Their eyes glaze over even more quickly than the average citizens' does when these subjects are discussed. They are NOT QUALIFIED to be making policy or legislation on the subject. Nor should they be de-funding ongoing climate research.

we have every chance to replace are carbon emitting things with sustainable fuel sources.

we wont

because money

the entire political spectrum benefits from going one way or the other. GG

Warmer oceans = more evaporation = more water vapor in the atmosphere = one of the main ingredients for Wild Weather phenomenon we've been seeing. I'm not even a climatologist and I can figure that one out.

>that 97% of scientist statistic has been proved of total bullshit
No it hasn't. All studies have found at least 90% of scientists agree (only one study was that low, most found 95%+). Republicans tried to cast doubt on the numbers by being retarded or misleading (I'm not sure which) and saying "that doesn't take into consideration all the climate studies that don't mention anthropogenic climate change at all!" But they didn't mention it because it's so fucking obvious to everyone in the fields of study that it's accepted as fact now. They don't mention it because they don't think they have to, the same way a calculus professor doesn't review addition and subtraction before proceeding with class.

>the only thing being suggested by liberals is extremely high carbon tax which will only slow down the inevitable
Conveniently forgetting the shift to clean energy. All the studies on geothermal, water, wind, and solar power, etc.

>Seriously imagine how much pollution will be going on in 1000 years from now
Close to none if we continue to go green. Efficiency and cost will be improved dramatically as we invest in it.

>let's fix climate change real quick so we can get back to polluting as much as we want
That's not how it works. Greenhouse gasses have an accumulative effect.

>we have every chance to replace are carbon emitting things with sustainable fuel sources.
>we wont
>because money
Sure, but Actuaries have been advising their client corporations for a while now that it's wise to invest in the alternative technologies, so the needle is starting to swing the other way.

Exactly. Warmer surface temperatures means more evaporation. Warmer atmosphere means it can hold more water vapor from evaporation of the oceans. More water vapor means more precipitation during storm events.

That I know and understand.

My point was a 'devil's advocate' of political counter think.

so you're saying that because you believe we can't stop it, we might as well just lay down and die? fuck that.
Also, in 1000 years we'll have the kind of technology we can't even dream of now so it's pointless to try to predict problems of that time.

California has always been this hot off and on for millennia, there's considerable scientific evidence that cyclic drought is endemic to the region. There are multiple decade-long droughts within human memory and physical evidence for droughts lasting over 100 years at a time before the arrival of humans.

Not saying climate change is or isn't real but California's weather is not relevant as an example of the effects of global warming. Your argument would be better served by the study of permafrost quality and conditions rather than your local weather.

Consider how deep the Pacifc and Atlantic oceans are; if they were warmer all the way at the bottom already, we'd be so far beyond saving that we wouldn't even bother having these conversations anymore, we'd just be waiting for the end to come. The top 3 meters is such an unimaginable amount of water that it boggles the mind.

Umm, warmer temperatures don't make a fuck when it comes to evaporation, it's relative humidity.

My pond loses more water to evaporation in winter due to this.

Don't blindly believe the bullcrap climate alarmists throw out there.

it fucking angers me that immigration is the big political issue right now. immigration is an important issue but it's nothing compared to the environmental crises we are facing right now. this shit has the potential to wipe out the entire human race.

>our argument would be better served by the study of permafrost quality and conditions rather than your local weather.
If you have that information then please post it. I'm not a walking Encylopedia of Climate Information, and that screencap was just the ice-breaker for this thread (can't post without a pic, LOL).

How about the Arctic and Antarctic ice melting, glaciers melting, breaking off asteroid-sized chunks to float free? That mean nothing? It's exactly the sort of thing you're talking about. Also I heard this week about permafrost de-frosting.

>immigration is the big political issue right now
May things like that are just to distract us.

Oh m'y God are you that stupid ?
Do you think it's your school teacher, your neighbor,or your local grocery that is destroying the planet ?

Underage b8

Nope, climate adjusting events have been happening since the planet cooled and began to sustain an atmosphere. Ice age, thaw, repeat. Don't be such a shill, read a book ya twat.

Fact is that Global warming is LIBERAL propaganda and nothing more.That article isn't explaining what humans have to do with their weather.
San Francisko is capital of faggotry they can go to hell as far I care.

were you homeschooled?

The problem with this issue is people's political motivations conflate the facts of the issue. Certain types of people want to deny the facts because they're not very smart and they think the facts somehow invalidate their positions.

It's a fact that the earth is warming.
It's a fact that human activity is significantly contributing to warming.
It's a fact that if something doesn't change, it's going to be much more difficult for humans to live here.

POLITICAL plans to address warming are almost certainly flawed. Anything you can get a corporation to go along with probably lacks the necessary efficacy to have any impact at all.

Specific predictions made in the past about the specific ultimate effects of warming are less concrete. The most likely thing people will notice as time goes on is a general destabilization of weather systems. A lot of qualified people have good reason to think this is happening now, but it's a difficult subject to study. It currently takes longer to study the massive amount of data than it takes for it to happen.

AGW is real. It's not a liberal conspiracy. How we confront it is totally separate issue vulnerable to all manner of fuckery.

>*Temperature rise in one state*
>WE ARE DYING IT'S THE END

Yes immigration is the only crisis that count for now, how can you save the world if some one stab you in the back while raping your daughter?
We have some time left

>every goddamned thing has to be POLITICS
Only because YOU ARE MAKING IT THAT WAY.

Get a clue.

I'm literally studying climatology
take your own advice retard

I really hope you don't reproduce

Try going through the news from worldwide sources before you make a cringeworthy comment like that.

>106 degree
I doubt that. water starts boiling at 100 degree, that means that everyone would be dead in San Francisco.

nice strawman faggot
this temperature rise is just one example of climate change

>picking on me for not specifying Celsius or Fahrenheit
LOL OK you got me on that and actually made me chuckle at myself, +1 Internets for you.

friendly reminder that the biggest reason for the current refugee crisis is the water shortage in africa which is directly caused by climate change

If you're against immigration, you should probably know that climate change can fuck up entire countries and therefore cause a refugee crisis beyond anything you can imagine.

defense.gov/News/Article/Article/612710/
archive.defense.gov/pubs/150724-congressional-report-on-national-implications-of-climate-change.pdf?source=govdelivery

"The Department of Defense sees climate change as a present security threat, not strictly a long-term risk. We are already observing the impacts of climate change in shocks and stressors to vulnerable nations and communities, including in the United States, and in the Arctic, Middle East, Africa, Asia, and South America."

But hey I'm sure the DoD is just full of shit.

You're the one that need to provide good sources, yes climate is changing and it's probably human made.
What are you doing to change this beside shitposting? Can we really do anything ?
Tell to China to stop bruning coal? oh I know stop making cars and stop making useless product !
Do what you can do stop wasting your time none of your petition or whining will change anything.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2017_European_cold_wave

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2017_European_cold_wave
do you actually think you're disproving my argument by posting another example of climate change?
how fucking retarded are you

You mean like This? You're being corralled and led like a mindless sheep by those who wish to control your opinions with deceit and misguidance as their tools.

xkcd.com/1732/

Wow I know it's bait but I guarantee someone believes this

Hey faggot, I actually do understand the science. Since you're the one making the claim why don't you go ahead and explain to everyone HOW EXACTLY climate change is caused by humans, because I would love to hear it. Please say carbon dioxide.

The best physical evidence is probably the age of permafrosts which are currently melting, the worrying thing is not if humans can stop emitting but if the clarthate gun hypothesis is true or not.

Meanwhile, yeah, warming models are in-comprehensive and that's being hidden because it's been taken up as a cudgel of political agenda. We know warming is real and caused by us but we don't know the real outcome or it's timing in any kind of real way, but we have to say we do because politics. I think Trump knows it's real but also knows the political agenda surrounding it is at the behest of China who is probably secretly at the center of the push towards globalism. They would like to use the idea of warming as it exists politically and in terms of popular science among the western electorate to elect themselves the sole uncontrolled carbon emitter making them the kings of capitalism long enough to get all the money...and burn it before making us all become Maoist communists.

Even if we stop every factory and kill all humans it will still take years really feel something .

Immigration on the other hand will destabilise a country in less than a decade .
If your too busy with wasting money on "refugee" and try to save your youth you can't really think about climate change.

The massive amounts of methane released by the mass farming of animals.

White people are the most diverse genetic haplogroup. How is that scientific fact not political? Agreggated Gas Warming Theory has never been scientifically validated. How is that scientific fact not political?

I agree, white people caused global warming.
You should all feel guilty, straight white men, this is your fault.

really? because this immigration crisis has been going on for years now and I've barely noticed any difference in my daily life (I live in western europe). the only way immigration has destablilized my country is that everyone is talking about it instead of the problems that actually matter

"Even if we stop every factory and kill all humans it will still take years really feel something ."

I don't know where you got that info but I'm pretty sure it wasn't from an expert on anything.

>This random event prove climate change!
>This random event prove climate dosn't change

Oh oh maybe the world just don't cold or heat up like that ?

Retard

>yfw you realize only 0.02% of the CO2 in the atmosphere is from human activity
Really makes you think

I'm saying that changing climates prove climate change, at what point have I said anything illogical?

0,02% a huge amount
also CO2 isn't the only greenhouse gas

You can't deny global warming, stupid crackers!
it's FACT.

theconversation.com/what-would-happen-to-the-climate-if-we-stopped-emitting-greenhouse-gases-today-35011

pollutionsolutions-online.com/news/air-clean-up/16/breaking-news/what-would-happen-if-we-stopped-polluting-today/34330

>If we stop emitting today, it’s not the end of the story for global warming. There’s a delay intemperature increaseas the climate catches up with all the carbon that’s in the atmosphere. After maybe40 more years, the climate will stabilize at a temperature higher than what was normal for previous generations.

It really depend where you live it also depend it it's actual Refugee who really need help or economical migrant who are mostly Man and will just be parasite.
Also maybe there a reason if they are talking about it don't you think?

take your shitty strawman arguments back to Sup Forums

The boiling point of a liquid varies depending upon the surrounding environmental pressure. A liquid in a partial vacuum has a lower boiling point than when that liquid is at atmospheric pressure. A liquid at high pressure has a higher boiling point than when that liquid is at atmospheric pressure. For a given pressure, different liquids boil at different temperatures. For example, water boils at 100 °C at sea level, but at 93.4 °C at 2,000 metres altitude.

Do you even science?

>Also maybe there a reason if they are talking about it don't you think?
of course there's a reason and of course immigration affects people but like I said earlier in this thread () it's nothing compared to the environmental crises we are facing. I probably shouldn't have posted about immigration not affecting my life since that's just anecdotal evidence but I maintain that immigration is fucking nothing compared to this.

>I am saying that changing climate prove climate change
Seriously don't you see your mistakes ?
OK then Europe is starting an ice age !
Maybe they are many other factors ?
Maybe it's the temperature of all the world that count not just the temperature of country /states/region ?

lol faggot ass nerd bitch

Relaxing at the beach on my beautiful labor day weekend day, only 80 degrees out. Stay mad, Midwestern nobody

I never said europe is starting an ice age, I said its climate is changing. Of course there are many factors but the factors that are causing this are bein changed as a result of human activity.
>Maybe it's the temperature of all the world that count not just the temperature of country /states/region
Of course the climate of the whole world matters, I never said otherwise. Environmental issues are happening on a global scale, that's why it's such a huge problem.

> it's nothing compared to the environmental crises

Of course but you need to help yourself first before helping others .
If you allow those immigrant they will just slow down everything cause damage, and destroy your society if there too many of them.

Trust me I know immigrant's, Syrian aren't bad ,really .But most of the blacks one or those who are jihadi-grade muslims can and will destroy your society by for example electing their people as a mayor and slowly take power.

I may sound like a fool but trust me they think differently.

I will concede that taking immediate action will not have immediate benefits.

That doesn't mean that we can delay fixing an overdue problem. The old "eh the future generations will solve this" attitude needs to stop before we end up extinct because money mattered so much.

As far as economic migrants go, it's not an easily solvable problem. If you temporarily go work in a country that pays you 4x or maybe even 8x for the same work in about the same conditions, it's pretty much a no brainer.
I recently talked to a business partner in Serbia, and the guy who is basically one of the top management (the company is owned by Germans but operated by locals) gets paid about 250€. For a manager, and a good one at that.
The guy could work way up north as a manager, but Germans don't hire Serbs for management, they hire them for manual labour.
Economic migrants are a product of today's capitalism, and I honestly don't know of a good solution.

As far as normal immigration does, no issues with that, as long as the arrivals integrate into the existing culture. In areas with high immigration this doesn't work since ghettos start to form pretty fast and integration stops as soon as a ghetto forms.

>Trust me I know immigrant's, Syrian aren't bad ,really .But most of the blacks one or those who are jihadi-grade muslims can and will destroy your society by for example electing their people as a mayor and slowly take power.
I know many as well and I completely disagree with your assessment. People are just people. Some are cool, some are assholes and when you put them in a desperate situation they will do desperate things.

Also, it's been said before in this thread but the refugee crisis is just a symptom of the various environmental crises in the world. If you want to stop immigration you need to make people stop wanting to leave their country, the best way to do that is to make life in their country better, the best way to do that is by stopping the environmental crises that are causing water shortages, starvation and (indirectly) civil wars

>So instead of slowing down this shit why don't we spend money to find a way to fix this so we can blow off as much carbon as we want
I believe that is one of the reasons To have regulations/taxes and monitor this stuff, because where is the money going to come from needed to fix it?

It's OK you got trips I am cool now

>Human activity
Yes but not "Us"
A good way to stop global warming will be to reduce the number of people kill must of the cows
Unite the world but let nations to exist, make a communism like World government
No more snacks,Chip's, soda and meats no more markets.
just "pure" food for everyone.
No more personal computer no more cars etc

Good luck

Worse than the 101 degrees it was in 1971, humans were bad back then too I guess.

>As far as normal immigration does, no issues with that, as long as the arrivals integrate into the existing culture. In areas with high immigration this doesn't work since ghettos start to form pretty fast and integration stops as soon as a ghetto forms.

Exactly, but you're talking about European immigration it has nothing to do with African immigration .

Let's talk about muslims, they will not integrate they will just stay together and "profit".
At first they will be grateful to live here some of them will works the other again just profit.
Their children will be just like them because of their religion and their " roots"
And one day they will be many of them, one day one of them will be a mayor...
I hope you like halal food user .