Is my taste in jazz pleb or patrician Sup Forums?

Artists I love:

John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Ornette Coleman
John Zorn
Anthony Braxton
Derek Bailey
Evan Parker
Sonny Sharrock
Albert Ayler
Colin Stetson
Charles Mingus
Sonny Rollins
Eric Dolphy
Peter Brotzmann
Pharaoh Sanders
Cecil Taylor
George Lewis
Mahavisnu Orchestra
Sun Ra
Thelonious Monk
Roland Kirk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sqQ59i4PmGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I see nothing wrong with this

hey what about Terry Riley?

youtube.com/watch?v=sqQ59i4PmGE

Got my taste in jazz off the internet tier.

Avant Teen/ Rockist Pleb

i bet you listened to video game soundtracks a couple of years ago,.

This.

George Lewis is pretty much the only good artist in that list that isn't completely mainstream and liked by pretty much all jazz fans.

All jazz is for plebs. Classical music is real art.

t. adorno

Literally Ed Edd & Eddy music.

>no bill evans
hahahah bow down and suck my veiny cock inferior wealking

>Trane
>Miles
>Ornette
yeah, dont worry. your taste is fine. move along sir.

>Classical music is real art
Do classical fans actually think this or are they delusional enough to not realize most classical is the same garbage any genre has

As opposed to getting it off of where?

desu man as much as I love the circle jerk liking jazz at all makes you patrician imo. anyone who ridicules you is just looking for justification in their own taste

people in a jazz club, musicians, or jazz record stores.

People in a jazz club are going to have the same taste at least In the classics though they can introduce you to a more local scene.

clubs are easily my favorite places in the world, as much as its stupid jazz clubs are comfy

not necesarily, theres probably someone there that could tell you about cool shit if you just ask. or ask the musicans.

i just wish more of them had cheap, good food. like just breakfast food or some shit all night for like 5 bucks. all the clubs near me are also resturaunts that sell expensive "sountern" bullshit. shit aint southern.

How to find good jazz clubs?
I live in Washington DC and have no idea what the scene was like.
Strangely the only place I've ever been where the jazz scene was out in the open and readily available everywhere you went was Thailand, the jazz bars there were incredible.

Blues Alley and Twins are two clubs in DC with atleast a reputation and get some good acts. you find yourself wanting something lowkey and cheaper but that stuff can be tough to find with out kind of hanging out on the scene. or going to jam session just to watch. you can find some nice places to hang out with generally good players in most major cities.

any1 in into melbourne jazz scene here?

ive never been to australia but my fellow american bass playing friend played there and said it was great, no one is allowed to talk during your set and the bar tenders wont even mix drinks while you play at whatever club he played at.

Well melbourne has got quite a tightknit underground scene, everyone knows eahcother and hangs out there are some real intense characters too