What's Sup Forums take on this?

What's Sup Forums take on this?

its good

Doesn't deserve to be Sup Forumscore.

I thought it was going to be god tier from the first tracks. I was disappointed

it's great, but doesn't deserve to be Sup Forumscore

Top 5 of all time for me. Love this album so much

i like it

I see why people would like it, but I'm a happy person so at least to me it fucking sucks.

That doesn't mean anything. I'm a happy dude, too, and that doesn't stop me from liking this album. Life is all about smiles and cries after all. Gotta balance out the happiness with some tears every now and then

>Gotta balance out the happiness with some tears every now and then

nigga you ain't happy

I very much am. I don't mean "I hate my life and everyone around me" tears. I mean stuff like watching Pixar films or listening to a nice, emotional song like Kanye West - Hey Mama or The Antlers - Atrophy

If you can't make a connection with it, it doesn't stand well on sound alone like some other albums can. I can listen to sad stuff and like it, but it's really defined by the depression.

How can you even know true happiness if you don't ever suffer or get sad at all?
Happiness is a counter-balance for sadness, if you never felt sadness you can't fell happiness, you're just living and thinking because nothing is wrong everything is okay. You can't know what's good if you don't know what's actually bad.

>And you never put no man over me
>And I love you for that mommy can't you see?
>Seven years old, caught you with tears in your eyes
>Cuz a nigga cheatin, telling you lies, then I started to cry
>As we knelt on the kitchen floor
>I said mommy I'mma love you till you don't hurt no more
>And when I'm older, you ain't gotta work no more
>And I'mma get you that mansion that we couldn't afford

SYLLVIAAAAAAAAA

I love it, even if it's an old meme.

BUT I KNOW BETTER AS MY EYES ADJUST YOU'VE BEEN GONE FOR QUITE A WHILE NOW

>How can you even know true happiness if you don't ever suffer or get sad at all?

easy, stay happy, next question

Maybe if I went through a rough break-up, sure. But it's also a story about a dying cancer patient and the hospice dude who falls in love with her. The way I don't have to be a chef to judge food, I don't need to have been in an abusive relationship or fallen in love with a cancer patient to love this album and cry along with it. It's like watching hospital scenes from Million Dollar Baby or Philadelphia. I'll cry every time, and it's because the actors do a great job of making it a good story. Just like how Hospice tells an amazing couple of stories

Absolutely. That's the lyric that always gets to me, too

It was good when I was really sad and depressed. Now that I'm happier it's not as good for me.

WERE TO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLD

There's only four fingers on the top hand

>tfw no crippled terminally ill abusive gf

DUDE CANCER METAPHOR FOR DYING RELATIONSHIP
what a bunch of schlock, the actual sonics on the album aren't bad though

Wake is the best track

It's good if you only listen to it once or twice, then you realize how much it sucks

the production makes me cum. vocals are just average on most tracks though but i do enjoy the toxic relationship/hospice story in the lyrics

It's a nice album with an interesting story. It's good, but it isn't amazing - as interesting and sad as its story is, it never connects as much as more immediate, emotive artists. I think this is because it feels almost cinematic, like they're acting out and delivering a story rather than actually expressing anything. To use a crass Sup Forums term, "Babby's first sad album." I do think it deserves to be Sup Forumscore, though, because it's at least on par with AnCo's MPP, or Kanye's MDBTF.