What does Sup Forums think of this movie?

What does Sup Forums think of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tT7iJC7FWaY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They basically did with Death note what Marvel/DC does with their comic books.

What do you mean?

It was pretty good.

I liked the movie

It was better than expected.

cancel sense8 and not this thing? bruh death note is already made give us something original line sense8 bruh.

>bruh

Nigger detected

I knew it wasn't going to be the exact same story so I liked it for what it was

It was good. Never read the books but I heard it's basically the same story.

not an SJW or weeb, so it was ok

I thought it was good

The trolling is real

cg ryuk and black L were okay everything else was garbage

ofc you pasty neckbeards would like it
must've been a dream come to project yourselves onto a white protagonist in an asian setting

lmfao? the movie was set in america

missed out 50% of the original plot, Americanised the shit out of it, and the chick is obsessed with the death note rather than him. also guy is complete pussy and barely resembles the original in character. + nothing about the eyes. like wot.

>tldr; go watch the original which is also on netlfix

you know what i meant motherfucker
it was trash, did they literally just pick the main guy off the streets or some shit he can't act to save his life

fuck white people

It was fine. The only people who complain are virgins with no futures.

Die in a fire, queer.

Weak bait dude. But on the off chance you're serious. Kys. You're a disease

Why white wash these films? What happened to the Gorge Lucases of the world that would rip off the plot, charachters, lines, and story but put it in a different setting like space making a "new" film.

the gayest movie of the year

Or some people appreciate shit for what it is and not try to hold it to the original. Even though it's an adaptation not a copy paste. But then again you'll bitch if it's the same and bitch if it's different. No winning with retards like you.

>You're a disease
>fails to end sentence with punctuation
Ironic.

It was alright. The anime nerds are super pissed about it though.

We're on Sup Forums.

The movie was shit.

I liked the anime, but the movie just has so much cringe.

Blow it out your ass. Baka imouto.

It was pretty fucking boring and pretty much made for tweens, I was expecting a lil better from netflix

Shit movie. Not because it was whitewashed, that was no big deal. What made the Death Note series so cool was the thinking games between light and L. In this movie, L doesn't have to do anything amazing to discover who Kira is, he basically trips over his dick and discovers Light. Similarly, Light doesn't do all the clever things he did in the series to avoid being detected. He's just a moron.

Yea, i think it could stand alone, but it's trash compared to the anime

The end of the movie sucked.

It's a movie based on a cartoon. Cartoons are inherently for tweens.

really? i thought we we're on reddit i guess i'll leave then

were*

i liked it. It was enjoyable.

but its nothing to get too hyped about.

I've only seen about a good 20 minutes and I thought it was edgy as fuck. You can guess why I only saw 20 minutes.

You should, if only for the fact that you type like a nigger.

Did anyone else hate the anime after L died? It was great until then and it went to some random kids I couldn't give a fuck about and I bailed.

WE

is that the one in which a nigger plays as "L"?

Make shit shittier?

I think one of the main problems was just how little you actually liked the main character. In the Japanese version even though you know he's the bad guy to some extent you are rooting for him. You would also want to see L succeed so it made it made it an interesting dynamic. Couldn't for this guy though which made the support between him and L more one sided.

youtube.com/watch?v=tT7iJC7FWaY

It all returns to nothing

whY? just watch the damn anime

My opinion has nothing to do with whitewashing/diversifying.

The movie was shit because the acting was shit, and actors acting like anime characters is cringy AF.

Why would you pick a black woman to play a mentally-ill petty princess?

umm okay, I dont live in mommies basement to research movies all day to know it was based off a cartoon, chach...

Hmmm "inherently for kids: family guy, archer, bobs burgers, cleveland, rick and morty, the list goes on,,,

Someone wanted my opinion and I fucking gave it. Dont be that guy...

>The movie was shit because the acting was shit, and actors acting like anime characters is cringy AF.

I agree. Live action sucks in general, even the Japanese ones.

I posted that to show that the director seems to have an issue.

Imagine stuffing this gorilla in a plug suit.

Imagina this mega baboon being all tsundere in a yellow sundress.

Imagine shinji jerking off to THAT.

Comedy gold

I did, you moron?!

>umm okay, I dont live in mommies basement to research movies all day to know it was based off a cartoon, chach...

Hurts me to know that there are people who watch this crap and don't know about the original.

I have no TV and no netflix - and if you don't want someone shit in your head you should get rid of that, too.

>Comedy gold

But if you laugh about it she'll get you banned from Twitter.

I felt like it was an ok movie on its own

Judging by the way you type, you obviously have the brain of a tween girl.

Sense8 was cancelled?! The fuck?!

Lol, too easy

JUST

Once you start correcting language rather than argue your point, you lose the argument.

I very much liked the movie, I went into it thinking it wasn't going to be as good as the anime so I had my expectations lowered considering it was a hollywood take on it.
But I really liked L, the directors and how he shot most of the scenes very well done, also Willem Dafoe did an outstanding job as reyuk.
I didn't really like the ending that much and how they did it and also the actor that played Light they could've casted a far better actor for. Other than that it was a good.

Also this chicks smile, I want to punch her square in the face every time she smiles with that fucking teeth gap. Fucking hell.

i liked it, but i have never seen any manga or anime

Hurrr duurrrr lets make fun of him for his improper typing on 4chin huuurrr duurrr

Once again, too easy, just stop

>thinking Sup Forums is reddit or high school debate club
I only come here to call retards what they are. Arguing is for people who are intellectually insecure.

the movie was faaar better than the anime

Also this dudes mole is absolutley abhorrent

>reddit spacing

fucking incredible, never watched the anime but lmao anime is for faggots

I was drunk while watching, so could be wrong, but some of the leaps of logic made by characters were pretty fucking retarded.

>Kira googles "live police broadcasts" to kill off badguy
>L tracks down Kira based on city that killing took place in?

>L holds impromptu police broadcast begging kira to kill him
>doesn't die
>"proves that kira needs my face or name, hurr durr"
>or he wasn't watching the random one channel;l hosting your random suicide attempt

you're spot on.

fuck off newfag

Sorry we're not weebs but normal people.

>image macros after 2010
>calling others new

This shit was garbage, and besides them only casting a black character to play l because "muh diversity" his mannerisms and voicing of l was pretty good, besides that, the movie its self was about a retarded emo kid and a edgy bitch who doesn't know how to think before she acts, in fact neither of them did really, especially compared to l, it was obviously they didn't even try to make it similar to the original, I'm done ranting about this garbage

It was absolute fucking dross. I turned it off 2/3 of the way through. I never saw the anime because I hate that pathetic shit, and this confirmed for me how right I am that nothing good has ever come from anime faggotry.

The lead actor played the most unconvincing straight guy you could imagine. Clearly homo.

The story made no sense and has so many plot holes it makes the brain hurt.

I was actually on board at the beginning, it could have been good. It had such potential, but as soon as L and his unrealistic as fuck organisation arrived on the scene I was done.

Fuck this movie, it's everything that's wrong with popular culture these days.

I don't.

I WANNA TAKE A SHIT IN YOUR THROAT, OPEN YOUR MOUTH BITCH!

Watch the actual show you faggot, the movie is literally nothing like the show and being a close minded retarded faggot who assumes he knows everything isn't gonna help you understand shit

Honestly, im glad they got the actor that played L even if he is black. He did a job well done.
I think Light came off as an edgy emo kid was because the actor couldn't pull it off.
But I think the director did a good job with what he was assigned to do, most movies like this end up being shit.

Also that's another fucking thing, ryuk in the original wasn't on anybody's side, but all odds were pointed against light in this movie, it was extremely obvious who was the loser and who was the big holier than life winner, in the show both of them were equal in skill and understanding, and it was like a concept of yin and yang

I don't give a shit, it's not like I haven't watched anime before.

Tell me, exactly how many fucking horrible, garbage animes do I have to waste my time with before you accept my opinion they're shit is justified? Every single fucking one?

Yes you are right, I forgot to mention that.

trash

Shit tier attempt to cash in on a good storyline.

TRIP DUBS

C H E C K E M

Willem Dafoe did an excellent job as Ryuk

It sucked more dick than op

That's the thing faggot, everyone has a opinion, and the problem isn't the fact that you think therye garbage, it's that YOU know, there's not a single doubt in your mind, and you haven't even watched one episode of it yet, you know what's called? Ignorance. Don't watch any amines or death note if you don't want to but don't act like you know what you're talking about when you clearly dont dumbass. And even more so than that, you genuinely believe every single anime is shit, just because you've seen one or two. That's just pure stupidity and this point to assume a entire genre of shows/movies/etc is shit just because you say so and that's it.

>being on Twitter
Normies detected

> complains about the plot
>didnt finnish the movie
Youre a special kind of stupid, arent you

>getting this upset that people realize you're an effeminate son of single mommy who uses anime as a crutch for socialization
Pathetic.

come on now, I hated it too, but I don't think it sucked that much

>calls others stupid
>can't figure out the question mark on his cancerous mobile device