Did Europeans used to be literal gods?

Did Europeans used to be literal gods?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Before_Civilization
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice_in_Aztec_culture
novaonline.nvcc.edu/eli/evans/his111/notes/mesoamerica.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. The Aztecs thought that their guns shot thunder, mounted Knights were centaur creatures, horses could talk, dogs were demons from the underworld, etc. Imagine aliens showing up in 8th century Europe. That's literally what it was.

No

what were the casualties

So much European glory they don't teach in schools in exchange for muh European guilt

all the indian deaths were due to malnutrition and disease caused by no toilets

Sorry for party rocking

For a time in the initial contact of the culture, yes. When the native peoples of the new world realised that white men bled and died from wounds just as they did, Europeans had to resort to the arts of deception which they were expert in. Basically they pitted one native tribe against the other. That's how they colonized the world.

what about the jews?

Not listed, some Portugal soldiers died, but they apparently agreed on peace

Cortes was a legend. His intelligence, extreme bravery, and ambition is undervalued in today's world.

>muh deception

someone was too busy eating his enemies to read Sun Tzu

-All warfare is based on deception

Mexico 2000 years ago

Mexico today

some things never change

Holy shit 28 dead out of 1200, damn muslims fought like shit

Are you fucking dense burger? Sun Tzu was fucking chinese, the inhabitants of the new world knew nothing about their existence. And I'm not even moralizing the actions they carried out, because it's just history. They lied and were opportunistic yes. but that's what it was. Not right nor wrong.

Mexico 2000 years later

Fukkin lmao

>500 Spaniards and a few hundred Tlaxcalans
>Less than 73 Spanish deaths (only some dozens of Spanish warriors were still alive)

Literally what did they mean by this?

>be indian
>soldier in fort
>must defend against Portuguese
>Their ships come close
>We begin to prepare for an attack
>I pull down my pants
>Cup and around anus
>Grunt as I release the remnants of my mother's spicy curry into my hand
>hold my shit high
>wait
>Horn sounds
>60,000 men start flinging shit at the ships
>we load cannons with turds and fire them
>entire Portuguese fleet of 2 ships is covered in our feces
>1 portuguese musketman fires
>entire fort explodes from methane emissions
Indian army Stong!

Maybe if you had spent more time making boats so you could meet the Chinese and less time sacrificing children to Quetzalcoatl in order to make the sun come up you would have won the war.

Competition leads to meritocracy.
Prosperity leads to complacency.
Europe was high conpetitive.
The Americas were on the feminizing, conflictless Golden Path.
Cortes was objectively better as a result of competition.

hand*

bump

apples and oranges, my dear. Everything and everyone growths and changes according to their own necessities. Peoples in the Americas weren't so warlike until the aztecs, so they really had no need for military technology nor theory, until then. Given little time to, they obviousy perished against the european peoples who had been killing each other for more than two thousand years. Not everything is as you make it out to be, my ignorant and biased friend.

>we wuz noble savages n shieeeeet

This is a good example of idiotic reductions using half-assed logic. Good job.

t. jared diamond

> Peoples in the Americas weren't so warlike until the aztecs, so they really had no need for military technology nor theory, until then

Nor the wheel.

The native north american cultures have little to do with mesoamerican cultures as a whole. And the term "ancient mexico" encompasses 2,000 years and is misleading as fuck. Please try harder friendo (:

You're a retard btw

>Peoples in the Americas weren't so warlike until the aztecs

Mexican education everyone

Is that what they taught you Pablo?

>muh noble savage

das rite

we wuz peaceful before da evil white man came

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Before_Civilization

Just ignore all proof to the contrary

I should have clarified that I was talking about MESOamerican cultures, and yes, that is the general consensus among historians. You're free to look it up my dearest burger. It's called "google", useful tool it is indeed.

google is not a source

none of those are mesoamerican tribes, you're just further proving my point (and boasting your ignorance). Just stop embarassing yourself :)

we wuz warriors n sheeit

Bach to rebbit

Thanks for your insight, Mexican intellectual.

Old school Europeans were even better than Americans. What happened? Is there hope?

>Human sacrifices was a religious practice characteristic of pre-Columbian Aztec civilization, as well as of other Mesoamerican civilizations like the Maya and the Zapotec.
>as well as all other Mesoamerican civilizaitons

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sacrifice_in_Aztec_culture

But go on keep on WE WUZing I know facts won't stop you.

we wuz peaceful cannibals n shit

How did the portugese and spanish go from the most powerful empires in Europe to the pathetic state they're in today?

>Since the late 1970s, excavations of the offerings in the Great Pyramid of Tenochtitlan, Teotihuacán's Pyramid of the Moon, and other archaeological sites, have provided physical evidence of human sacrifice among the Mesoamerican peoples

we should learn more about this in school, no one knows how fucking based we really were

you germanics suffer inferiority complex

you are always the ones posting about your "history"

>how fucking based we really were
you got ass raped by arabs for 800 years and you had weapons natives americans didnt have

now what would have happened if it were with swords?
body combat

All the intermixing and civil wars maybe

>One feature that Mesoamerican society had in common with its Near Eastern and later West European counterparts was a proclivity to violence. There was almost continuous violence as societies rose and fell; again very much like he history of Mesopotamia.

novaonline.nvcc.edu/eli/evans/his111/notes/mesoamerica.html

But no apparently they were peaceful speshul snowflakes who dindu nuffinz

There's a reason the lingua franca is english.

you're still posting. Lovely.
can't really tell if you're being sarcastic, but in in case, you're welcome leaf friendo

It's called superior firepower

because of US, US bring businness and money so people need to learn english to get some money

>for 800 years

rofl holy shit

>weapons natives americans

Kek most of those battles were against Arabs/(dot)Indians with cannons and guns, retard

And who gives a fuck if they killed a bunch of cannibals in the new world anyway?

wow that was a really "intellectual" response.

the US exists as an english speaking state due to the british empire though

700 years

sad thing that romans didnt exterminated your people

most of the fights in 16th century were fought hand to hand

>now what would have happened if it were with swords?
are you implying we couldn't win if it was swords vs swords?
because there's plenty of battles where portugal won even though we were outnumbered 1:2 against equally/better armed european kingdoms.

no, it was because many immigrants in those times were british and other european immigrants just adopted that language

you don't even have history, you're literally a product of european history and not worth mentioning apart from our history

So much lost glory, things will never be the same again. How did it come to this?

Goddamn Europeans, take me back to beautiful Britain

no you stupid, at that time gun powder exist

yes im implying that

>being this retarded

>Romans
>exterminating a population instead of taxing them

Dominican historians, everyone.

and what is your history?

being the dogs of the romans and then copying everything they had?

architecture, culture, script, etc

fuck off germanic

Mais we are still dominating the world l'anglais

Look. We need to break-up the EU. And extend our respective sphere of influence, like the good ol' times.

Pedro have you read pre columbian myths? Literally everything revolves around killing or dying a horrible death. War an sacrifices were as common as they could get. In central and south Mexico there was never a peaceful period among tribes that we know of. Some cities even seem to have been rebuilt several times over the ashes of the previous one. What we lacked was a solid military structure as our warfare was very primitive and tribal.

T. Mexican Intellectual

Damn you're retarded.

>being the dogs of the romans and then copying everything they had?

kek dense mestizo, how about you read a few books?

>cross

>R-Romans invented everything ever

kek

mesoamericans were manlets. The portugese would obviously win if it came down to sword combat.

>exterminating a population instead of taxing them
what?

germanics didnt even have cities or towns, they didnt even have a monetary system, so how they could have been taxed?

you were just attacking romans towns
fucking barbarian
ok germanic

we were partly conquered (not really conquered since we weren't a country or a state yet) in the 8th century, we got most of it back in the 12th century (we conquered back Algarve in the beggining of the 13th century)

you're thinking of Spain lad

ok my 90 iq friend

stop using their script, germanic

that was way after romans gave you civilization, sweetheart

you are just the living proof that anyone can get civilization

yeah right

>ok germanic
Brilliant answer. Also what are you?

after you mutt

there is nothing glorious about slaughtering savages, who used stones and sticks as weapons

>significant figures int eh scientific inventories across time and space

hahahahaha

not you, arabs conquered most of the iberian land

of course your people werent there
ok germanic, its funny that you come with iq

atleast i dont have germanic blood

my past isnt being a plague

are you germanic?

myths have little to do with actual history. And yes there were clashes in amongst clans but they were never really wars in Mesoamerica.
And If sacrifices happened or not is not the matter that was being discussed initially. Get your shit together little man. l2n focus
also
>some cities seem to have been rebuilt over the ashes
what the fuck are you talking about? The most important states, the Teotihuacan and the Mayan, disappeared with little evidence and there are no clear explanations about this. You're are ignorant and loud, dear paisano

>The Americas were on the feminizing, conflictless Golden Path.
Are you retarded
The Aztecs would regularly hunt down tribes and blood sacrifice them.

At least some things remain constant inn this everchanging flow of realities. There is nothinng like a good beheading to give you consolation. The Muslims sure understand spirituality!

Most of our country, the northern part was nominally under moor control but never really saw their influence and was quickly taken back by the chritians.´

The rest that was left under ontrol suffered very little admixture and most was genocided when the Portuguese conquered back. They were repopulated from villages in the North.´

Most of our Moor admixture is from previous arab conquest

nothing glorious about getting counqered in two weeks either, sebastian

>germanics didnt even have cities or towns,

KEK
E
K

>gave you civilization

modern civilization comes out of Mesopotamia, dipshit

it clearly says "place" and it's based on the encyclopedia, have fun debunking it.

My brother was a part of that. He still has the pictures he took of the aftermath

Almost gods.

Damn. We sure used to fuck shit up together.

I couldn't imagine being in a 2.5 month long naval battle

Fucking insane

>no you stupid, at that time gun powder exist

yes, but reloading time was minutes for non-expert musketman. The majority of the armie was still pikeman.

Dominican republic talking shit about anyone , especially Germans. Now THAT's a good one.

it was a month while fighting on both fronts actually, you're confusing us with French