Go to concert

>go to concert
>people who record the concert on their phone
>everybody taking selfies mid concert
>most of them are 25+ adults not even teenagers

What's the point? Is it considered "cool" that you were at a concert? Being at a concert suppose to be the ultimate "look at me I'm social and enjoy life" evidence?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/74358964
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

snapchat and facebook encourages people to look like they're having fun over actually having fun

I'm really not a music elitist but when I'm at a concert I feel like giving my attention to the music and energy is the "respect" I show to the band playing, specially if they give it their all.

>Being at a concert suppose to be the ultimate "look at me I'm social and enjoy life" evidence?
As opposed to what? Bukaki gang bang?

I honestly think it's a social status in the head of these people. Not only that you are part of an event with many people, you are the person who's feeling the happiest in the midst of all these people.
Not that I mind what other people do it's just a strange psychological phenomenon.

See
I thought it was Kubaki

So when is it acceptable to you for others to take selfies?

proving happiness definitely feels like part of it
the point is that there shouldn't be the need to prove anything

See

I saw DG last night and despite the insane mosh people near the stage were updating their Instagrams for some godforsaken reason. how does this help your enjoy the show?

>insane mosh
Speaking of people trying to prove something

>Irish punk-rock concert
>mosh-pit
>I really don't understand but they seem happy

I don't know which I can't understand more, taking selfies or feeling the need of hard physical contact with half naked sweaty guys.

got me :>)

i just don't understand risking losing your $300 phone to update your instagram with a shit photo of 14 hands and a sweaty rapper

More like having fun, are you an idiot?

I've never taken a selfie, but whenever I'm at a show I always take at least a few pictures of the band when they're playing. I take pictures of the scenery when I go on vacation too.

Yeah PROVING that they're having "fun"

Entire point of the thread remember?

Ok tough guy.

my friend saw both melbourne death grips shows and i was at the saturday one. apparently the crowd last night was reddit incarnate and barely anyone moshed / did anything besides take pictures at all. i also saw videos that also proved this to be the case.

also the only photo i took on saturday was of a guy in the very front row legit against the bannister with one of the best views in the whole venue. he was on his phone, making a thread on Sup Forums

patrician as fuck desu senpai

Moshing especially at Death Grips is literally Reditt incarnate

Proving? There not proving anything to anyone, they're just expressing themselves through dance. Do you understand this? If not, you should probably take a break from the computer to rest your head a little
lol, insecure bro

It has more to do with the need of creating memories, I think. But anyhow, normies are disgusting.

wut

there was moshing lol, was just the front few rows that were a crush and nothing else
lots of fuckin kids on their phones though

Dance? You really are a fucking idiot.

How is moshing not dancing? It's literally a form of dancing, are you high on fryer juice or something? Jesus, go for a walk you dummy

Who actually ever goes back to watch those clips they've recorded at a concert?

yeah i still heard that sunday was a good time. i think they played for longer and the mixing was better than on sat. but (not to prove the entire point of this thread and sound like a show off wanker) the saturday crowd was crazy. i saw a kid literally run out of the mosh and vomit all over himself bc of how intense everything was. pretty much the whole room was a crush.

that may sound awful to you, i would have whole heartedly hated it if anyone other than death grips was playing but it was very fitting. the three hour beastie boys wait just fired people up so so much. they didn't start on sat until almost 10 and people were ready to kill each other.

And what is the dance move? Shove the person in front of you? Yeah people can literally dance in a mosh pit but it's a dead art and sure as hell isn't going on at a death grips show.

This.

I think it's about the involuntary need to document things, for memory and stuff. Being at a concert will last a very moment, whereas recording it, will last forever. Thats the issue with most people I think, even outside of concerts, is that they discredit being in the moment, and worry often about prolonging an experience, even if it means throwing away whats in front of you. Was at a concert with my little sister a few nights ago, and I felt bad for encouraging her to try and internalize the music right in front of her instead of recording it, but she had to get a few videos in for her friends.

If you take selfies and make videos the whole time while you were at the concert, then I guess you weren't really at the concert

i was there on saturday, when the show was on i barely saw any phones out which was refreshing, but I guarantee that was because of how crazy it was with people pushing and shoving everywhere it was pretty nuts.

Doesn't really surprise me that if things were a little quieter and not as intense then tons of people would have their phones out. That shit just ruins things for me having to see like 20 screens on full brightness.

I was there on saturday, had to sit next to the bar and catch my breath while up my sleeves was on before jumping back in lol

made me realise I should really exercise more

i think we need to see that photo, for documentation purposes

I can confirm this happened. Would like to see the photo anyway.

to be fair it was super fucking hard to breathe if you stayed the whole time in, i had to take a break and came back in for Inanimate Sensation. I regret not grabbing a water before it began I was so dehydrated.

>get kicked in the head by a guy who was crowd surfing
>other guy grabs my shoulder while trying to boost himself up to do the same

>crowd surfer places weight on me
>roll my body so they fall

Get the fuck off of me you sweaty faggot.

if it was saturday, was that the guy with the blonde dyed short mullett with an ugly as fuck fish face?

if so, i saw that happen and i felt sorry for every poor cunt underneath that freak.

was saturday, yeah

happened next the annoying as fuck pillar lol

fuck that fucking pillar dude, i was in a decent spot in the beginning in the centre-right side of the staged, drifted off to the pillar and had to basically fight my way back to seeing the stage.

I didn't even see Zach drumming the whole night until he walked out.

ahahahahahahahah Sup Forums photo guy again. i know him. i went to the show in a group of like 15 and everyone went mental so i probably know most of the people who did dumb shit. he was off his head. sorry on his behalf he kicked you. a crowd surfer kicked my gf in the head at the start of the gig and i literally threw him over the bannister into a security guard and he got the shit beat out of him.

they paid money for the concert . they can record what they like you autist.

lots of bands never come near my area so i love it when ppl record it and upload them to youtube.

kys

>i am inattentive and disrespectful to the thing that i paid money to see, please validate me

Wait, there's actually people who watch phone-recorded concerts? I find them unbearable

shitty camera phone wouldn't focus bc of mosh and low light. he had his phone brightness on full and he was making a thread that was literally just like 'im about to see death grips!!' with nothing that would open a discussion of any kind. there were also people like making lots of memey as fuck jokes and like yelling dumb shit out. some 5 foot guy who brought his fucking drink into the mosh tried to ark up to my friend bc he accidentally knocked him. my friend then calmly pointed out that we were in a group of about 15 and we were surrounding him and that it was pretty stupid to bring a glass full to the brim into a mosh. great gig but some people in the crowd were awfully cringey and stupid.

>implying the lack of teenagers is a bad thing

You should have posted in his thread.

rbt.asia/mu/thread/74358964

Was this his thread?

yes!! i think he was just posting in it actually, not making it bc it was about 30 mins before they came on stage. i think he heard my friend and i chuckling to ourselves about it and put his phone away. if ur on here, im sorry i didnt mean to make u feel embarrassed. i hope u enjoyed the show u had a great view.

I don't take selfies, but I try to get one good picture of the whole thing for memories. Taking good pics at an event is pretty difficult tho.
>Marilyn Manson & Alice Cooper singing together yesterday

i was there too, was lots of moshing. Still a few on phones, but you're exaggerating it tho

modern music is dead as medium so nobody goes to concerts to listen music. it just drug consumption and social life pretense.

people are so vain that they have nothing to say unless they attend to some stupid concert.

I just want to remember the time that band I love played that song I love, is that so bad?

its Sup Forums. everything is bad.

Understandable

I take solace in the fact I'll never be as bitter and butthurt over anything in life as much as OP is as people taking pictures at a concert.

irish punk rock?

If you wanted to remember you would without dumb selfies.

fuck music