Why do you think that killing an animal for meat is justified?

Why do you think that killing an animal for meat is justified?

Because bacon.

Yes.

Because if animals didn't want to be killed they shouldn't be made of tasty meats, you fucking nigger faggot ass little bitch

besides, its not like it happens anywhere else in nature.

because animal meat is full of protein and can be healthy if eaten in appropriate amounts

Because we are just animals ourselves. No better or worse than any other on this planet.

Because God says it's okay :)

Because the animals were bred for centuries to be murdered and eaten.

Sup Forums has always been stupid but now it's just shitty. Goodbye.

its the circle of life. Animals kill and eat other animals. Deal with it.

its fucked up for sure, but this is the universe we live in

I can't even harvest my plants without killing them

It is our right as gods and conquerors.
> you anti-meats may have the upper ground, but I'll just keep eating meat till I'm old anyway, allowing it to be the reason the younger generation hates me

Oh boy here it comes.

I've been saying for years that when the public runs out of things to fight with each other about, the elite are going to popularize radical veganism so that we'll have another issue to stay angry and distracted about.

This isn't about helping the animals or improving living conditions or slaughter. This is about prompting people to start fighting with each other so that we won't start paying attention to how our own quality of life is being destroyed by the banks and corporate elites that own and control the governments.

Because we are also animals?
We're not the only species that kills for food.

Alphas eat betas.

> cites it's because god says it's okay
> ignores god saying specifically not to eat pigs

Because the only reason the animal exists is to be slaughtered for my mealtime enjoyment.

Also: delicious.

Because homo sapiens are omnivores and we should bask in the fact that we can eat a lot of different kinds of shit, and thats pretty neat.

>Why do you think that killing an animal for meat is justified?
Because it's yummy?

Most people get eaten by animals after they die.
Now think about that.

Screenshotting

I dont, unless my survival is dependent on it. Since my survival has not ever been dependent on it, I havent eaten meat in almost 20 years

Why do you think killing apples for fruit is justified? Do you think plants can't feel? They can! YOU ARE LITERALLY EATING BABIES YOU SICK FUCK!!!

so fucking underrated

in that case, its ok if i murder my wifes son

Ask a carnivore.

I ordered the salad, not because I love animals, but because I hate plants.

rape, murder, and throwing feces happens in nature. those are all perfectly legal, right?

Because they taste so good!

your wife's son is a nigger, so go ahead, make our day

U haven't seen harlem??

/thread

its healthier to not eat red meat or poultry. you will statistically live much longer

i think we have a moral obligation to try to be better. and in fact, we do try to be better. its why we outlaw heinous acts

because that's how the fucking food chain works, which you'd know if you did anything besides sit on your ass and jerk yourself off to how much arugula you ate yesterday

so if tucked away on some island there was a group of humans bred to be sex slaves for centuries, then theoretically, its A-OK to continue to use that lineage as sex slaves?

we outloaw heinous acts because the alternate is that I murder the fuck out of those that transgress against me and mine, and they try to revenge themselves upon me, and I on them, our families in feud until such time as I have expunged them from this earth.

Industry farming can be pretty shitty but I don't have a problem with the core idea of eating meat

we create universal human rights as exercise in our innate sense of fairness
being born to slavery irks this presumption of equality

plants dont have brains, therefore do not feel pain, and do not have emotions such as fear, anxiety, and sadness

cuz shit tastes good nibba

It tastes good.

Because they are lower life forms.
Because they are nutritious.
Because they are delicious.
Because without humans as a natural predator they would breed into epidemic levels and eventually starve themselves and prove to be a detriment to the ecosystem.
Because it's in my nature as a human.
Because protein.
Because it makes me feel like a man.
Because it's exhilarating.
Because it makes me feel closer to nature.
I could go on, but I think you get the point...

the smell from cutting your lawn is a chemical signal the grass emits to attract insectivores in respoinse to being eaten. detecting itself being eaten is likely an analogue to pain.
the smell is grass screaming

No one gives a fuck about animals you dumb faggot

other animals rape
other animals kill potential competitors
so are you saying basically literally its ok to do anything at all, since other animals do whatever they feel like?

this is objectively wrong
some people do care
not everyone though

Humans aren't animals but I low-key would be cool with it anyway.

youre wrong though. the issue you bring up is the strong subjugating the weak. and in this case, animals are being subjugated by those with power over them.

most arguments lately lack substance. women and minorities are not being subjugated by the powerful. these are indeed non issues brought on by a divide and conquer strategy.

eating meat *is* the main issue in our society. if were willing to torture innocent lives to make the powerful more comfortable then guess what?

WERE WILLING TO TORTURE INNOCENT LIVES TO MAKE THE POWERFUL MORE COMFORTABLE

No, we kill to feed our faces.

And there's nothing wrong with that

> humans aren't animals
What the fuck do you think we are, retard?

its proven that vegetarians live longer than people who eat red meat and poultry.

plants can not feel. in order to feel, a nervous system is required, not to mention a brain. in case you dont already know this, plants do not have a nervous system

chill out fgt
Humans aren't the same as animals*
happy now?

>its ok for the powerful to torture the weak as long as im one of the powerful

Because humans are the masters of this world, and meat is yummy and nutritious. Having said that... if I was somehow abandoned on this planet with no other people and only knowledge of eating spaceship tube-food, it would probably never occur to me that I should kill animals and cook them. Its pretty gross really, especially the butchering part.

plants do not have an animal nervous system. venus fly traps closing and the chameleon properties of B. trifoliolata suggest some form of a similar feedback mechanism, even if not structured the same as that found in animals

why do you think killing a lettuce for a salad is justified?

i wonder why no one ever think how justified it is when animals eat each other?

i mean, meat is murder, right?

Because the human animal is an omnivore.

we don't hold animals to the same standards as living gods

I mean yes some people care about their dogs but won't care enough to do something about cows and shit because it is not natural to care more about the survival of other species than ours

Pure speculation and animalcentrism. We have no idea how plants perceive their existence, or what sensations they might experience. And in any case, what difference does THAT make? They are alive, and killing is a moral wrong, isn't it? Or, if not, then the issue is pain, and presumably then you are OK with painlessly slaughtered animals as food?

As long as hunting and fishing is ok eating meat is going to be ok. I trust the government over vegans.

Genesis 1:26

Thanks for Correcting the Record, you elitist monster.

No its not. The studies are biased.

well when some consider animals our family, the same cascade event happens.

the obvious solution is to not kill sentient beings unless its *required*

ironically, all the farmland used to keep a cow alive for 3 years before its slaughtered could be used for vegetarian food that could keep a human being alive for over 10 years. in other words, more people could get food if we stopped using land for raising meat. Considering starvation is an actual problem today, human beings are literally dying so other human beings can what, taste meat?

Well they dont fucking say anything when we slaughter so its justified

Because we go hard on Earth!

Because cows, pigs, chickens, etc. have no moral standing. The actual act of killing them is morally equivalent to killing yeast when you bake bread.

yea no. pain and emotions, by definition, require a nervous system

Starvation is a distribution problem, not a production one. We already make more food than ever gets eaten.

the farmland we use to keep a cow alive for 3 years could instead be used to keep a human alive for over 10 years. if we really were concerned about feeding people, we would stop eating meat on an industrial scale

Why do you think animals need the same rights as humans? They're just livestock, their suffering for our enjoyment is beneath concern, if you don't like it then go cry into your tasteless tofu. There'll always be suffering in the world, there's no point in crying over everything

You ever seen what a combine harvester does to living creatures in its path? You have any idea what damage a monoculture like a field of crops does to the environment? Are you a tool of Monsanto? You think humans that kill their own unborn offspring give a flying fuck about animals?
You think we care about your Vegan Religious beliefs?

the fact is, plants have no emotions, and they have no brain to process pain. there are animals that actually do have nervous systems, but with no brain, such as oysters. even those do not have any emotions and therefore do not suffer

in that case i can eat you, or better yet, just kill you for sport, cuz animals do that

why isn't it? how is a fucking chicken going to help us aside from being made of delicious tasty meat, you little whiny cunt?

Why would anyone want to live longer in this day and age?

That's completely false...

Because plants feel too. You're no better than anyone else for thinking something that is louder or more mobile or has similar biology is more "alive" or a more "valuable life".

/thread

I wont even respond to your ludicrous claim about plants having feelings, but I will answer the following question, which *is* a good one

>if not, then the issue is pain, and presumably then you are OK with painlessly slaughtered animals as food?
Ideally, an animal could be produced without a brain. if an animal was produced without a brain, I would 100% be OK with slaughtering it.

As far current technology where all the red meat we eat had brains, the less pain the better. that doesnt just include the moment of execution; it includes the years of its life leading up to the slaughter as well

Born to die and kill to live. That is the law of nature, there's no escape from that primordial statement, even for human kind.

#savetheplants

Because my breakfast this morning was fucking great.

similar things were said of, for example, jews and africans. if were going to draw a line, it should be drawn somewhere that makes sense, not some arbitrary line thats convenient for those who want to go on subjugating the weak and helpless

Thanks. Now I'm fucking starving.

if you actually do the math, there would be less total farmland needed if we stopped eating meat.

> it should be drawn somewhere that makes sense
I agree. That line is organisms capable of being real members of society. A cow will never be President. A pig will never be a lawyer. A chicken will never write poetry.
>some arbitrary line thats convenient for those who want to go on subjugating the weak and helpless
You know what are arbitrary lines? Animal kingdom, pain, awareness, etc.

no, it isnt. cholesterol only comes from animal sources. cholesterol is completely bad for you. vegetarians have a much lower intake of cholesterol than meat eaters. the number one reason people die of natural death is heart failure, and cholesterol is bad for the heart

what pseudoscience bullshit

BECAUSE ITS TASTY AS FUCK NIGGA

>cholesterol is completely bad for you
The link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol is still a matter of debate in the medical community. Your body naturally produces cholesterol as well.

by your definition there are huge amounts of humans that can be used in anyway someone else sees fit. I can eat any coma patient i want to

vegetarian here, I only eat meat from animals that eat vegetables. See, I don't eat lions and tigers because they eat meat. But realistically, if there was some lion or tiger in the meat counter I'd probably eat it also. So fuck it, I guess I am not a vegetarian.

oh please. let me guess, you think global warming and evolution is still a matter of debate in the scientific community too

>eat any coma patient

you probably start with the dick