In 10 years, will Frank Ocean be considered the defining artist of the decade?

In 10 years, will Frank Ocean be considered the defining artist of the decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-n3sUWR4FV4
youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
youtube.com/watch?v=3AszPTJXIgM
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

no
post-internet will have no defining artist. mark my words

maybe

Kanye if he redeems himself with MBDTF 2.0 in 2018/2019

dubs of truth confirm

I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks this. Blonde will certainly be remembered as the most relevant album of the decade.

Frank gets closer to capturing the emotional problems of the 2010s better than any other modern artist.

>le homosexual nig nog sings about his feelings
>"defining artist of the decade"

Oh user you have given me a chuckle

he also sang about mine
but i'm a straight white

forget about that shite OP.

The real question: when did Sup Forums realize that Billy Ocean was the defining artist of the 1980s?

youtube.com/watch?v=-n3sUWR4FV4

>Frank gets closer to capturing the emotional problems of the 2010s better than any other modern artist.
Uncle Outrage :^)

>Frank gets closer to capturing the emotional problems of the 2010s better than any other modern artist.
maybe if you're a narcissist and think everybody is sharing the same emotional problems sure.

when did frank talk about the economic and healthcare crisis on blonde?

i must have missed that song!

maybe you my friend should go back to r9k

try again but this time with a proper argument!

Frank Ocean's sudden success proves that the lifestyle described in his music is shared by a more relevant part of the population than you form part of.

> is shared by a more relevant part of the population than you form part of.
how so? when the worlds most popular songs are k-pop and spanish pop songs?

also if you're going by popularity in the western world.
i can find you 10x more kids talking about how 21 pilots saved/changed their life. more so than blonde/channel orange
if anything 21 pilots is artists of the decade

this decade really sucks then

>Emotional problems

agreed

Kendrick will be. He's more mainstream, and he's also really good

In 10 years, Frank Ocean will be considered white cis male oppressing women

if you can't hear 500 000 syrian dead children crying in his lyrics there is something very wrong with you

seek therapist dr. zuckerberg and tell him all your secrets and thoughts

I'm sorry that I'm not powerfully emotionally affected by pop music lol

if you really think that any kind of music can be more emotional than another, based solely on the genre of music and not the quality, then you are a summerfag and you need to go back

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E

how is this guy popular?
do you just have to be the right kind of teenager to like it?
>lamest member of odd future
>for years all you hear is hype even though channel orange (lol nickelodeon nostalgia) is boring and mediocre
>tried to listen when blonde came out
hate to say it but i think y'all are just impressed that a black dude is showing some feelings and put a guitar on his track? there are like many greater artists

he is nu-male b8

black, sexually oppressed with lame marvin gaye impersonation

What do you mean by that? What's post-internet?

>based solely on the genre of music and not the quality

the quality of pop music is inherently inferior to the quality of art music/jazz

prove it

why don't you take the initiative to learn about and explore music yourself instead of ask for help from someone on Sup Forums

Frank Ocean BARELY qualifies as pop music

so you can't? thanks bud

right? i mean i hate you for using the words "nu-male" and "b8" but I'm glad someone else sees this

>4/4 beats
>verse-chorus-verse structure
>lyrics about how depressing it is to be rich and famous

sure seems like pop to me

same applies to rock music too. and 99% of all music. unless you're a retard who thinks pop=popular

part of rock music is pop, and because these bands are popular it creates illusion that most rock bands make stupid music.

Sturgill simpson

yeah no shit, rock is pop

this unfortunately

>random noises
>skippity Bing bang ahhh!! Scooby dooby doowop
so emotional

what is this post even supposed to mean/refer to

why did you reply to me?

Nigger why you keep monitoring this thread

what feelings of yours did he sing about

it's weird, but i agree with both of these

Nostalgia, lost love, insecurities, place in the universe. Frank Ocean is an LGBT musician but he doesn't sing about LGBT problems

can you reference a line or two thats actually affected you?

t. white 20-something college girl

"Summers not as long as it used to be/everyday counts like crazy"
"I'm sure we're taller in other dimensions/you say we're small and not worth the mention"

why would either resonate with you in a particular way other than them simply being poetic ways of saying "Time seems to move faster when we get older" and him arguing optimism vs. nihilism

asian guy in canada here.

can confirm that frank knows my feelings.

self control is a standout
"You cut your hair but you used to live a blonded life
Wish I was there, wish we'd grown up on the same advice
And our time was right"

nothing destroyed me more than having a relationship not work out because of our different backgrounds. her parents wanted her to be with a "nice white boy" instead.

in nights:
"Stayin' with you when I didn't have a address
Fuckin' on you when I didn't own a mattress
Working on a way to make it outta Texas
Every night"

i'm stuck (along with thousands of other people) working myself to get out of whatever situation i'm in, and making the necessary sacrifices and choices needed to get myself to that place.

I know that your nigga came
with you
But he ain't
with you

That always fucks me up.

"I wish I was there. I wish we grew up on the same advice. Keep a place for me. I'll sleep between y'all it's nothing"

fuck man i could go over the post limit with this, I'll confine myself to this now.

>Maybe I'm a fool
>to settle for a place with some nice views
>maybe I should move
>settle down, two kids and a swimming pool
>I'm not brave
>I'd rather live outside

have you ever considered that she simply used that as an excuse not to date you?
granted i dont know your relationship with the girl, but i have seen first-hand a few interracial relationships that have been much more troublesome here in southern US than in canada

but then again i dont know much about race relations up there anyway

these are some great lines that also hit a place for me emotionally as well, but i feel like the album is watered down with too many inconsistencies regarding these moments

it seems like he will hit a poetic high then follow up with redundant lows like the majority of nikes, the incoherent poem ham-fisted into seigfried, the facebook story, or the rap verse of futura free

it just seems like unrelated moments stitched together, laminated, then slathered with gel and glitter to make it sound experimental and expressive when in reality it just sounds lost

Not defining, but
Most relevant yes

I mean how many artists has Frank molded? Maybe 8 or 9 good ones. Think about how Kanye introduced the 2010s with MBDTF, that paved the way for extravagant celebrities and artists alike.

All of Siegfried, yes

nope, that was quoted directly from her mom and dad after trying to pick her up for a date one night. i was 13.

i honestly don't understand where you come from saying that, i've listened to Blonde a ridiculous amount of times, actually I'm listening to it right now again, every single line has emotional meaning to me.

having no job and no healthcare is a emotional problem

my gf is chinese, 4 years going and her parents don't even know i exist lol, they don't want any whites.

she was too immature to make a decision against her parents' will like that anyway

i dont think you lost anything significant through that experience, and im sure if you knew her now things would be different

>ooga booga i'm black and like sex and wah i'm bi n shieeeeeeeeeet

damn, really hitting the zeitgeist

>i honestly don't understand where you come from saying that,
weird huh. its like PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT and have subjective feelings to every situation.

jfc frank fags really are narcissist

hence why i added "to me" at the very end of my post

when he says "solo" first enthusiastically and then sadder every time he repeats it to the point of stuttering the word.

I agree with this whole heart'd there's something about blonde that capture the post modernness of the 20s I feel like CTRL does a similar job but not as well

Normies aren't human

At the neets on Sup Forums that drool over obsuce ass post-synthetic-noise-pop are?

Fuck out of here

>What's post-internet?
lmao

>At the neets
?????

>"woah guys have you heard white prog band #3045 recently, pretty good stuff"
i swear this board this board is so boring.

just because frank is different from the norm doesnt make him good

my gf is going on exchange next week for half a year, she's the only person i care about these days. I got stoned and listened to blonde yesterday and when it got to
>I I I KNOW YOU GOTTA LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE
>GIVE UP JUST TONIGHT NIGHT NIGHT
it really broke me.

> Usher for thots who share Everyday Feminism articles unironically

>Here's your (you) for your reach

this is better than any frank song

youtube.com/watch?v=3AszPTJXIgM
you can't post a better song

Quit lying to yourself

get fucked

I don't play, I don't make time
But if you need dick I got you
And I yam from the line

ITT: raised by p4k

>80+ replies
>ctrl-f "gri"
>no results
proud of you Sup Forums

>I LIKE MY IPOD MORE THAN FUCKING

with that line alone, Stefan & The Deaf Grapes surpassed Frank Pond as the defining artist of the decade

Oh yes gayboy check out this super deep reggaeton song. So PASSIONATE

yes

if you'd like to show me one, id Love to hear it

i love every single blonde thread desu regardless if it's edgy tryhards hating or fanboys riding d

Frank Ocean is Dean Blunt for teenagers

come on, don't compare dean to that retard

dean blunt is dean blunt for teenagers

iirc frank played dean blunt music on his radio show.
frank looks up to dean

come on don't care Frank to that retard

*Compare

>frank fans
>in charge of spelling
>calling others retards
lmao

a cruel irony.

Nice quads btw

>a nigger is a defining artist of this decade
>only because he's a (((faggot))) and a nigger
Seems accurate actually