Do atheists even know that they're wrong?

do atheists even know that they're wrong?

>do atheists even know that they're wrong?

Has it ever crossed your mind that you're wrong?

If god can't be fucked to give me real evidence he is around, I can't be fucked to believe he exists.

God had saved millions on the other hand atheists had killed millions of people FACT!

I see the reference to the Neverending Story.

What if it was in fact just a story?

What if, in fact, you were never meant to secretly make the reference that the Bible was secretly to be taken as actual truth?

For instance........what if you were born in India instead of the US?

heaven rewards is bs.
why we must accept a life of suffering if heaven doesn't exist?

"God works in mysterious ways" will never work as an answer to our fucked up existence.
If an omnipotent, all powerful being exists and isn't indifferent to us, then it is to blame for all suffering ever to exist.

terrible trolling, son..... maturer.

>God had saved millions on the other hand atheists had killed millions of people FACT!

You're so fucking stupid I don't know what to say.

I've been watching your posts for a while. I think that I have finally seen a light.

I feel that I must turn to God. What should I do next?

Suffering = evil
evil = perception

What humans view as evil can mean very different to a God. Even the concept of free will is a very human way of looking at reality.

communism is an atheists ideology that killed and suffered millions of people! God liberated people from that torment.

Yes, we do.

Communism is a political stand-point; atheism is a stance on beliefs of a higher power.

We know that we can't be wrong. However, the suggested course of what to do about it can be very wrong. If anything I want theists to admit that morals are not "relative" and the extant examples of non-relative morality have been gathered primarily by Christian missionaries educationally disguised as legitimate anthropologists. You can ignore all that, the !Ik Kung and such are just weirdly collectivist anarcho capitalists when you get down to brass tacks. I think what would suprise most people about the "examples" of moral relativity is just how right wing they actually are. Sure, it doesn't make sense to you that a rapist should be doused in gasoline and burned to death but it does to the absolutist justice system of a real African village. The only thing that seperates their justice from our justice is a lot of companies waging their influence in various directions, moreover, the African "court" is never busy, it never has to wait 2 years to decide if the guy who shot your dad is an "adult" or not and another 3 to start even trying him. In the murderer's defense we're talking about someone who gets no parole, so even if he didn't do that shit it's a 5+ year stay. African justice can brook no such delay, has no such lengthy ledgers to check so while perhaps brutal and sudden to us it's entirely logical to them.

We're not wrong but wow the left sure has tried to turn us into millitant fedora-faggots who attack working class whites all day long. Not like all of us went along with that. Even Sir Dawkins said he regretted the weakening of Christianity because he thought it "a bulwark against something worse". He means Islam, if you're like, retarded, btw.

Whether something is perceived as good or evil doesn't change any form of suffering from what it is.
Suffering = Bad for us.And if its bad for us, why should we care if its good for them?

Eat arrow, fascist!

Suffering doesn't always mean evil, but I get your point. Whether suffering is needed in this world or not is established by the rule of a God. If the rules of reality requires a winner and a loser, then what purpose does blaming God even matter?

Why do you dipshits even respond to these still? Do we not all know these are bait by now? Hide and move on. Grow a brain, morans.

Sage

sufferign is freedom you dumb faggot.

true that

you should kill yourself to become spiritually closer with god

If a god exists, the existence of everything would be pointless.
For a god to be all powerful and know everything, they must know the outcome to everything.
In the bible there are numerous occasions where god tests people, or observes people.
Surely this god wouldn't need to physically simulate anything because they would know the outcome.
If you create a man and tell him specifically not to eat a fruit, and know that he will, and then punish him for it, that kinda sounds evil. Doesn't it?

I don't know that god's not real, i just BELIEVE that. Can't be wrong when you don't know for sure

Dude, it's cunts like you who are ruining this already terrible site.
Actually contribute to the board or stop posting.
This boring old bullshit should get permanently taken down by mods to make room for decent shitpost

Depends. In the bible, sin cannot be close to god. To have free-will is to sin, so it's seen as a necessary evil. Or, you know, God doesn't know the future or limits himself that man pre-destins themselves. (Kinda like rolling a die on a character simulator and just going with it).

Can't be all powerful to not know something. Can't be all powerful if "sins" are beyond their grasp.
As for self limiting, what do you think they're doing? Roleplaying? Are they bored?
There is no reasoning beyond the idea that for whatever reason, they want an imperfect world to exist where there is suffering. This is clear.
But hey, god works in mysterious ways, right?

according to the existentialism god does not exist because it is a perfect creature incapable of any type of evolution. this fact makes it impossible choose any option and rule his own existence.

Which ones did he save? The thousands slaughtered in the flood? The thousands murdered, at Sodom and Gomorrah?

I think if use them as a political movement is only relevant in the us because we have all the fucking Jesus retards here. For the most part your app is already Purge itself of church influence

Exactly. God cannot be all-powerful, because that would be a paradox. People just say "all-powerful" cause that's the closest concept we can all relate to.

Do you?

You failed

Correct

This user knows what's up

Okay, so going along the line that god isn't all powerful, its safe to assume that either:
A: Humanity and the universe is out of their control, as we speak, for any reason.
B: God is dead.
C: God has abandoned us.
D: God is inherently evil and creates to view suffering.
E: God has reasoning behind standing idle and watching the world they created rise and crumble before them, and with no explanation expects human beings, creatures of logic and reasoning mind you, to blindly accept their seemingly bizarre and seeming-less rules of living.

Which god?

Lets say Christian God. Or others that branched from the same one.

rebirth

Ancient Near EastList of Egyptian deitiesMesopotamian deitiesKassite deitiesSemitic gods: seeEl,ElohimAssyro-Babylonian pantheon(see alsoFamily tree of the Babylonian gods)Canaanite deitiesAnatoliaHittite deitiesHurrian deitiesLydian deitiesCaucasusArmenian deitiesGeorgian deitiesOssetian deitiesPersia: seeYazata, see alsoProto-Indo-Iranian religionNorth Africa:Berber mythologyGuanche deitiesPre-Islamic Arabian deitiesNabataean deitiesCaucasusGeorgian deitiesOssetian deitiesVainakh deitiesCanary IslandsGuanche deitiesCentral/Northern AsiaEditSiberianRaven God of Kamchatka and ChukotkaTurco-MongolTengriEast AsiaEditChinese deitiesJapanese deitiesKorean deitiesList of bodhisattvasIndia/South AsiaEdit

The image illustrates the Hindu belief that each part of thecowembodies a particular deity

Hindu deitiesRigvedic deities(see alsoProto-Indo-Iranian religion)Sri Lankan Tamil local deitiesTamil Nadu local deitiesSoutheast AsiaEditDeities of Philippine mythologyIndonesian deitiesMalaysian Chinese GodsEuropeEditBaltic deitiesLatvian deitiesLithuanian deitiesCeltic deitiesIrish deitiesEtruscan deitiesFinnic deitiesGermanic deitiesAnglo-Saxon deitiesList of Norse gods and goddessesGreek pantheon(see alsoList of Greek mythological figures,Twelve Olympians,Greek hero cult,Family tree of the Greek gods,Mycenaean gods,Hellenismos)Hungarian deitiesLusitani deitiesPaleo-Balkanic deities(Thracian/Dacian/Illyrian)List of Roman deitiesSami deitiesSlavic deitiesSub-Saharan AfricaEdit

African deitiesAlusiYoruba deitiesAfro-American religionLoaOrishaAmericasEditMesoamericaAztec deitiesMaya deitiesNorth AmericaInuit deitiesNative American deitiesSouth AmericaIncan deitiesGuaraniMapucheMuiscaAustralia—OceaniaEditAustralian Aboriginal deitiesHawaiian deitiesMāori deitiesPolynesian deitiesRapa Nui deities(Easter Island)

Nope. Religion of one kind or another has been the excuse for killing BILLIONS of innocent humans over the course of human history. It is a genetic flaw in our brains that makes us beleive that nonsense, and we'd be much better off erasing it from our DNA, our world, and our history, and embracing REAL truth and REAL facts, not circular logic, superstition, and mysticism. It's just a System of Control used by power-hungry men to exploit the genetic flaw in humans that make them so weak-willed that they can be swayed by some mortal man on a pulpit claiming "GOD TOLD ME SO". Meanwhile ISIS is killing indiscriminately, destroying historical sites, and being revisionists in the most violent ways possible, and Dominionists want to take over the world for the sole purpose of DESTROYING IT because they're convinced that's what it'll take to get Zombie Jesus to come back to life. Then over across the way the Mormons have been getting prepared for the End Times for decades and are gleefully awaiting the Apocalypse because they think it'll be their chance to seize power over governments and take over.

Really, honestly, seriously, you're all batshit insane and need to be locked up and medicated.

That's kinda depressing, but you got the main points down. I mean, in case E, if god indeed has rules for himself so that reality obeys it's own rules, and the laws of physics/nature don't suddenly vanish, then he doesn't really have any other option but to stay idle for the most part. Which pretty much makes no difference.

Thats a nice list.
Rebirth is but another can of worms.
The thing with religion is that no matter how long you discuss it, there is no answer. There is no logic. There is no proof.
It boils down to "you just gotta believe."

What a retarded fucking method of deduction.

You get what I mean, cunt. Act like the thousands before that shared similar ideas are any different in the end.

They are different

You're right, and when you realize that it's a flaw in the DNA of our brains (or just that we haven't evolved past it yet) that causes a need for nonsense like religion, then it makes more sense why this shit still exists in the 21st century. We'll either evolve past it, or it'll be the extinction-level event that kills us off.

What do you want me to say? Research the entire list and type out all the fallacies in their texts and ideologies?
Skip.

Fallacy of false dichotomy

Gay

Carl Sagan is our Lord and Savior

Different in mundane rules and ideology, similar as to no evidence to support their claims.

Christopher Hitchens

Irrelevant, especially since this isn't Debate Class in Highschool. Religious people have weak, caveman minds that have to resort to nonsense like religion, superstition, and mysticism, in order to cope with the reality that the Universe is infinite, life is uncertain and random, bad things happen to good people, and so on. They can't cope with taking 100% responsibility for their own lives, mistakes, misfortunes, and whatever else, so they 'invent' a mystical, unseen, omniscent/omnipotent being ('god') that is responsible for everything. It's classic, it's holding back the evolution of our species -- and it may destroy everything. Has to stop.

Yep. You are the winner! All Gods are similarly false! Ding ding ding

There universe IS infinite. Evidence suggests an accelerated expansion of the universe, bra.

Tell you what: You want me to switch sides and become religious again?

Then answer me one question to my satisfaction:
>If God created Man, the Earth, and the Universe -- THEN WHERE DID GOD COME FROM?

That's exactly what I said, yes. And the average person's brain can't handle that.

"From the gods of the gods... From the God of the God of the gods.... From the.... "

Said no theist ever.

>Yep. You are the winner! All Gods are similarly false! Ding ding ding
Man creates God(s) in their own image. ;-)

Imagine a world without religion.
Imagine taking all of that interest in what could exist and direct it towards learning about things that do.
If we had ditched Santa Claus decades ago we might have already been capable of interstellar travel by now.

Santa Claus is a wonderful tool for encouraging skepticism and critical thinking leading to the path of atheism.

The real problem is that our so-called civilization, societies, and especially our technologies, have all evolved many orders of magnitude faster than our own species has evolved. Our poor caveman brains have been left in the dust of our progress! It needs time to catch up, become capable of dealing with all the real facts and real truths, and the complexities of our world. Many people's brains reel from all of it and revert back to earlier, less complex states. So we get much of what we see today.

Ray Comfort

God creates dinosaurs god kills dinosaurs god creates man man kills god

You realize that what we need isn't atheism, we need ANTI-THEISM. We need to actively encourage leaving things like religion, superstition, and mysticism behind us, as a species.

>Universe creates dinosaurs Universe kills dinosaurs man creates god(s) man kills god(s)
FTFY

This creates an odd situation when it comes to understanding how evolution works for humans, now.
In this case, the "weak" would be those with restrictive ideologies.

This isn't even fucking bait anymore

Just quoting Jurassic park fool, because this thread is very gay