How is it not one of your top 5 hip hop albums?

how is it not one of your top 5 hip hop albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because i don't consider any hip hop album top 5 worthy

>how is it not one of your top 5 hip hop albums?
Because MBDTF, Illmatic, The Marshall Mathers LP, Pinata and Take Me To Your Leader are all in the way, along with many other hip-hop albums

that's not even a top 5 kanye album

because death grips have more than five albums

take me to your leader is in your top 5? it's honesly not even in my top 5 doom records

I just named 5 albums better than Yeezus, not my personal top 5

but it is OP

I mean sure but thats like being the king of garbage

Because Atrocity Exhibition did that sound better.

1. Luv Is Rage
2. Atrocity Exhibition
3. The Impossible Kid
4. Mista Thug Isolation
5. Culture

That's why.

ITT: People who have only listened to Yeezus once and didn't understand it

Don't worry OP it's in my top 5

I don't hate myself. I have enough self-worth and esteem so I don't need to lower myself to the level of urban street trash that thinks hip-hop is good because it's easy to dance to and easy to follow when high. Asking me why [insert nigger ramblings here] isn't in my top 5 hip-hop albums is like asking why McDonalds, Burger King, or Sonic aren't in my top 5 fast food restaurants. I don't eat fast food, I'm not that pathetic.

luv is rage at number 1? is it really that good? i listened to his first 2 tapes and wasnt that impressed desu

I'm very open about music (hence Culture at number 5) and I thought LiR was great. LUV v TW was garbage imo and The Perfect LUV Tape is an acquired taste.

can you read its not asking about your top 5 albums in general

this, except it has to be the original version with god tier songs like Wit my Crew x 1987

You wouldn't make a 'top 5 puddles of vomit' list

MBTDF is legit top ten album ever. Yeezus is nowhere near it

>You wouldn't make a 'top 5 puddles of vomit' list
guess the puddles of vomit pleb filter worked

because there are no hip hop albums from the past 10 years worthy of top 5 status

>Le hip is bad meme
When will this end

This

MBTDF is objectively an all time great album

To each their own

don't get me wrong it's a great album, there's some modern hip hop that i really love, but i dont think it's top 5 of all time standard

Is this becoming a new shitpost? What is it that so many people love about Yeezus? It is undeniably Kanye's worst.

That would be MBDTF.

because the album takes a headfirst dive after new slaves

>undeniably Kanye's worst
you must have forgotten about tlop

tlop is literally a pleb filter, and probably one of the most effective filters at that

no it's literally what plebs think is a pleb filter
i loved it at first but all the gimmicks get old real quick

sorry meant to reply to

Nag, at least MBDTF has the first act, which is brilliant (aside from Dark Fantasy) Yeezus is just boring throughout the whole thing.
The Life of Pablo isn't good, but at least it's got bollocks. Freestyle 4 actually had me confused when I first heard it and it had some brilliant highlights. It was some decently interesting experimentation, even if it was a complete mess. Yeezus is not much more than Kanye's worst lyrics over Marylin Manson instrumentals

have you guys not heard 808s? Sure it was influencial but as an album it's trash

pleb detected

Yeezus is so ahead of its time. No one understands that

it's the 3rd best album Kanye's put out this decade, for one.

lmao not even close. Couple good songs on there but Fantano fellated it way too hard. Danny just has weird beats to be fuckin weird

did you start listening to hiphop in April?

Nah, May 2016.

oh i was only joking lmao. Seriously though you need to listen to more hip hop. Not even old hip hop cuz most of it sucks but more shit even released since May 2016.
YG, Schoolboy, A$AP Mob, Ab-Soul, Kendrick, Ski Mask

>YG, Schoolboy, A$AP Mob, Ab-Soul, Kendrick, Ski Mask
But all of these artists stopped being good long before May 2016.

must be a sad life as a backpacker

must be a sad life being a p4k drone

YG was never good
Schoolboy stopped being good after H&C
A$AP Mob's 'Cozy Tapes' was awful
Ab-Soul is only good as a feature
Kendrick stopped being good after GKMC
Ski Mask was never good

>YG was never good
nah Still Brazy is great
>Schoolboy stopped being good after H&C
Blank Face also great
>A$AP Mob's 'Cozy Tapes' was awful
I like them better individual but it wasn't awful. Kinda mediocre.
>Kendrick stopped being good after GKMC
shit opinion
>Ski Mask was never good
then who is good? there's a reason they're popular.

>then who is good? there's a reason they're popular.
Are you in high school?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

name some rappers you like then? So I can label you as a backpacker and move on. OR have a legitimate opinion

Denzel Curry's '13' is one of the best releases of 2017. Gucci's Droptopwop had 3 great tracks on it but that's about it. 2017 has been a year of disappointments for hip-hop, I like Kendrick and Shabazz Palaces and Vince Staples but they've all completely fallen off creatively.

yeah droptopwop was not too bad. Vince Staples album was pretty garbage don't understand why people are slobbering all over it.

Amine was good though. So was Yachty IMO

I think I admire Yeezus more than I like it. It's a great counterpoint to the maximalism of MBDTF, and the slight lack or cohesion is a breath of fresh air compared to the complete lack of cohesion of TLOP. And I really like that Rick Rubin played the role of "reducer" as Kanye put it. There's just two or three songs on it that I absolutely don't care for, including Blood on the Leaves which seems to be the fan favorite. In my top 3 Kanye though, maybe top 50 hip-hop. Which kinda says something because I don't even love that much hip-hop.
Embarrassing
Slightly less embarrassing, but still not great.

Post em

Btw Yeezus is just like TLOP, in that once you 'get' it, you live differently. Stay loopy dudes

Yeezus is basically an aborted Atrocity Exhibition, and TLOP is like a Clipping record minus lyrics. And, like, actually somewhat inviting soundscapes. Just replace that with more overblown bass and swag.

Look everyone, this user doesn't get it. He isn't wavy enough.

Because I can't have 3 Kanye albums in my Top 5. Late Registration and 808s is enough

Faggots get wavy; I'm straight homie.

Explain how tlop and clipping are even close to the same

You may be straight, but you're a massive faggot

YG and Kendrick suck imo. I like Schoolboy and Ski Mask.

Haven't really checked out Ab-Soul.

Because normies hate this great album and don't see the masterpiece of this. I actually enjoy this album though.

>Yeezus is basically an aborted Atrocity Exhibition
cringe

I'm thinking like their latest album, shit like Baby Don't Sleep, where they literally grab random songs to make the listener feel uncomfortable, which sets up his bars perfectly.
Kanye tries to do the same shit, with all the high frequency nonsense, but he doesn't do that to set up a disassociative state where abstract lyrics hit harder: he's literally fucking mashing shit on his sequencer then freestyling whatever bullshit was rattling in his head that morning.

>hip hop

Sorry, not random "songs", random sounds.

Then answer me this: you ever listen to the beat for Black Skinhead on it's own? Pretty fucking scary shit, right? I imagine a verse like the first track from Untitled Unmastered landing on it, or maybe something from None Shall Pass. If you were given that beat, would you be like "man, I need a chorus about keeping it 300 like romans", "how about I talk about, uhh, uhh, racism, yeah".
The album was a bunch of great ideas that got ruined the moment Kanye stepped into the studio. Danny Brown showed you how that kind of an abrasive experimental hip-hop CAN actually work.

You're a retard. Don't reply

>Not even old hip hop cuz most of it sucks
>goes on to name some absolutely trash modern rappers
maybe if you actually listened to old hip hop you'd actually understand the genre well enough to know why the likes of ski mask is utter shit

Why are you so mad about music, though? Why don't you just listen to a good Kanye album instead? He has, like, three of them or so. You shouldn't be that starved for music.