Did North Korea just do the first above ground nuclear test in 50 years?

Did North Korea just do the first above ground nuclear test in 50 years?

From USGS:

M 6.3 Explosion - 22km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

Time
2017-09-03 03:30:01 (UTC)
Depth
0.0 km

>Depth
>0.0km

>0.0km

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi9rNrQlXo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i can't wait for war with the norks

i wish a nigga would

I hope it was above ground. About time we got some nice modern footage of a nuke going off.. none of this 1950s/60s 8mm crap.

>NK trying to make a "nuclear bomb"
>we've known all along they don't exist
>nobody has them
>footage is just large regular bombs going off
>Hiroshima and nagasaki were actually just destroyed by godzilla
>thank god cuz US was losing, fuck nips are tenacious
>telling world it was new "nuclear bomb" just easier and Jewish mind trick to establish superiority

Get woke

I don't understand all the hype. Who fucking cares if they have nukes?

it's not about whether they have nukes or not. it's that they did an above ground test. no country has done an atmospheric test of a nuke for decades. this means we will be getting new video of an above ground nuke test which is actually pretty cool

>North Korea
>modern footage

Noone did an above ground test for decades. It was underground, the tremor was observable in europe and usa.

The USGS can easily get accurate readings on depth. Why would it be 0.0km? Also, the 'tremor' can be made with air bursts, like the russian meteor's shock wave that was still giving seismic readings around the world days after it happened.

Because before they process the data it just gives a surface location. Nukes don't use same model and the software that looks for quakes basically just rounds to zero since depth is so shallow.

could still be anywhere from 1 to 99 meters below ground, even if the reading is "correct" (which is hard since the location is a mountain)

I really hope they placed a building above it to observe the structural damage by a near-surface nuke, those are extremely interesting, it basically pulverizes concrete and steel to dust instantly

it wasnt a surface explosion since the electromagnetic waves (bright light) could be seen from far away as fuck

its prettymuch confirmed that it was a fusion bomb with hydrogen, triggered by a regular nuke

All the data they get is instant (or at least the speed of sound) that includes the depth.

fusion....fission...whatever it takes

Yeah but they fucked up and nuked their own country lol

both

cold fusion....hot fusion....whatever it takes

GO KIMMY GO, NEVER STOP, NEVERSURRENDER. GO KIMMY GO AND UNLEASH HELL OVER THE USA.

GO KIMMY GO!!!!

100 meters under ground for a hydrogen bomb?... check this pic, this is 0.016 seconds after a regular nuke going off. I don't think 100 meters of dirt will contain that let alone a hydrogen bomb.

Brace yourselves for defeat, american faggots. Uncle Kim will atomize you, your lard asses and your retarded pseudo-culture.

no such thing as cold fusion

its like saying cold boiler

>atomize
>american spelling
>lard asses
>retarded
>faggots
>american language

you're wrong. an atmospheric explosion will release its energy into the air, heating it and creating massive expansion

an underground nuke will vaporize ground material such as rock (lets say granite), which uses enormous amounts of energy, and thus not really a big "cavity", because the nuke will run out of energy once it turns all the rock to gas
the depth at which there wont be a crater (surface) but rather a cavity depends on the material and strength of the nuke see pic

So what? Now you know there is a DPRK agent within USA soil. We won't stop, we will destroy you. And yes, report me to the FBI, make me laugh a little HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

States only use underground testing to stop the clouds. Most bombs were detonated 5-20 meter underground. Only some exceptionally large bombs were detonated 200 meters underground.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xi9rNrQlXo
No

Punggye-ri sounds so cute tho