Born September 29, 1995

>born September 29, 1995

How the fuck does someone this young make such an incredible album seriously

Grimes is better

I don't know but goddamn she's a treasure.

>GIVE ME EVERYTHING GOOD AND I'LL THROW IT AWAY

shut the fuck up

>tfw you're older then julien

Fuck off.

>implying its a good album

Holy shit she's my age and she's really cute and has a nice personality. Too bad she eats pussy/

>20 year old makes a decent album
I don't get what you're getting at desu

No

Why is everyone going apeshit over this? Is it just waifufags? It's an alright album, but nothing I'd call incredible.

>tfw you are younger

the question is, how long until that choa poster turns up?

>Tfw Slint made Spiderland when they were teen
>Tfw all you've done at 22 is go to college

Sometimes great artists are just born

/thread

they weren't teens they were in their early 20s

they made tweez in their teens not spiderland

Yeah, but for every artist that got good in there teens there's one that didn't start until their late 20s. Jeff Buckley (28), Leonard Cohen (33), The Stranglers (25-39), Michael Gira (27), Debbie Harry (31), Thelonius Monk (27), Devo (26-30, except for the drummer), The National (25-30), for example all made debuts past the age of 25, and many didn't peak until later

>THOSE are his examples of good artists that started late

Wow, if you're over 25 and haven't made anything great just kill yoursevles

b8

Oh shit that's my birthday.

Not everything needs to be about fucking Grimes.

Sure. In order to appease you, I will say that Grimes is better. However, this is a thread about Julien Baker. So please fuck off to a Grimes thread until you have something on topic to contribute.

>2 years younger than me and more accomplished

knew this feel would come for the last 6 years but I didn't know how to prepare and now it hurts

This is why Sup Forums hates Grimes

happy to see love for julien here

im starting to think grimes fans are the equivalent of eminem fans

Roger Waters made The Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals and the Wall in his 30s.

they don't make em like that anymore

but they're all shit albums user

>September 29th, 1995
>tfw that's my birthday

stop comparing yourself to others and do things for you or you won't achieve anything

everyone goes at their own pace, relax, homie.

>you're not stupid, you're just slower than the other kids

I read at nearly a college level when I was 8 years old. My teachers all thought I was hot shit.

Now I'm in my 20's and am a complete retard. People develop differently, precociousness is meaningless.

i could walk when i was 9 months old. now i am fat.

>thinking in terms of "slow" or "fast"

competitve thinking like this will leave you being unsatisfied with everything.

there's peaks and troughs in life man, same thing as creativity. some people peak early, whatever.

That album is so fucking boring. Is this the first time you people have listened to a singer-songwriter?

she's exactly 3 months younger than me and it upsets me deeply

didn't think it was possible but the grimesfags are worse

Might have to check it out after I finish listening to Loveless. She's cute desu

here's your (You)

What a coincidence, I posted about this earlier today on Sup Forums

Here's another one that did it for me.
The eldest member of Black Sabbath was 21 when this was released. Ozzy was 20 when it was recorded.

An inferiority complex?

Besides the fact those are some terrible albums int that list you made, it doesn't matter when you peaked but when you started, like you can do something like point out some great late career album Dylan made but he will always have treasured work that has become classic that he made when he was a fucking teenager

It's a lot easier to just coast on something you already started (or in Waters case, someone else started for you)...it's hard to find good artists who started their path late in life, even just becoming popular late in life is stupid since that's not the real issue, it's that all these artists created masterpieces when they were younger than their average fan

i new her for a short time a few years ago, she was a really interesting person to talk to and acted really mature for her age

>I read at nearly a college level when I was 8 years old.
>Now I'm in my 20's and am a complete retard.
That (minus your meme use of the term retard) is actually a pretty common occurrence with child savants desu. Was actually reading an article/study about it not too long ago. Oftentimes children with exceptional specific skills get neglected in terms of other aspects of them as people that AREN'T exceptional (eg. physical development or emotional maturity.) Meaning that by the time they reach adulthood they are often just average - if not stunted - in key aspects of personality that adults are expected to have no issues with.
To put it another way, 5-year-old with zero social skills but an amazing ability to play piano sonatas from memory is cute. In contrast, a young adult with zero social skills isn't cute - no matter how good he/she is at playing the piano.

I like this album pretty well, but her lyrics definitely sound like they were written by a 20 year old who wants her pain to be seen as separate from the trappings of teen angst. It doesn't detract much from my enjoyment of it, but it hits me as pretty self conscious

>born August 17, 2000
how the fuck does someone this young make such incredible music