Hey Sup Forums i need help with my computer, it wont turn on completely...

Hey Sup Forums i need help with my computer, it wont turn on completely, it turns on for about 2-5 seconds then shuts off. I didnt have this problem until recently when i removed my RAM and processor. i put them back in but it still wont work help pls.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HuB_Pm4Xxbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Make sure the ram is in the computer completely.

try taking them out and putting them back in. you might have put them in wrong.

Also do you have any beeps?

Also make sure the cpu fan is running.

Its probably dying power supply, replace it

Cheap powersupply can also do this

This. The bleep bloop is vital to startup. The cumputer uses it to wake itself up. Without the bleep bloop, how does cumputer know what's on?

2 to 5 seconds? Yeah, I mean if it runs then stops it could be the carb needs a clean.

What colour is it's spark plug?

make sure the cpu fan is attached correcly (new Thermal Compounds which should be exposed to the air less then a few seconds)

Check that the ram is in the correct slots, and is fully seated. You often have to use more force than seems safe to get it to go all the way in (giggity)

>Cumputer

had a similar issue on an old pc, the heat sink for the processor had a broken bracket. so it was not fully secured. so the processor would thermal right after boot.

Disconnect everything except the processor, one stick of ram and a video card (if the motherboard has onboard video, remove your video card and use that. Then try booting again. If it fails, try a different stick of RAM. If it still doesn't work, and you're not getting beep or light error codes from the mobo, it's probably a dead motherboard.

Although, if your power supply is turning off (as opposed to it staying on and the boot process just failing), then I'd look at that first.

OP here, theres some faint beeping coming from the processor does that have to do with any of this, i removed my ram to see if this was causing this noise but it wasnt

Psu 99% of the time

Taking out the RAM is no big deal, but why the fuck would you take out you processor?

Did you reapply heatsink and heatsink paste?

Did you ground yourself while handling these? If not, probably ESD. You're fucked.

I would recommend a new computer since ruined this one.

You need at least one stick in to boot. What is the beep code. Usually it's a pattern of long and/or short beeps that tell you what the problem is.

SeeFaint beeping is not enough

Yup

This.

One should always check himself before one wrecks himself

How many beeps? Short and Longs also is this prebuilt or custom? If custom what parts

Your computer is kill. You did this to yourself.

Do you happen to use exceptionally shitty chinkshit peripherals? Last time I had to deal with this, it was my keyboard shorting out the whole fucking computer... somehow.

CPU is probalby overheating because you broke the seal with the thermal paste.

Put new thermal paste on the heatsink, OP

Lol the fuc never had that happen

>shorting out the whole fucking computer
>kek at your speech

You did apply new thermal paste, right OP?

the beeping is when its just idle and not on. but its a pattern of one long beep and then 3 short ones

it's overheating

obviously

google your mainboard manufacturer and that beep code

No 3.3 volt rail. Psu is probly fucked.

I've had this problem. Unplug the cord from the power supply, press the power button, plug it back in, press it again.

Like thats a permanent fix....

willing to be you bent one of the pins on the underside of the cpu while putting it back in, it that case, you can try to straighten it, but you're probably fucked.

Delete System 32 folder

I it more like bleep-bloop-bloop-bleep or like bloop-bloop-bleep-bleep?

Update, i tried turning it on but now its on for about half a second

Did you remember thermal paste?

You should always remember thermal paste

beeeeeep beep-bloop-beep

Measure the voltages with a voltmeter black red 5 volt yellow red 12 volt and orange black 3.3. if any missing get new psu.

Ok. I think we are getting to the bottom of this...

This fucking thread
youtube.com/watch?v=HuB_Pm4Xxbs

Pc kill?

>turns on for about 2-5 seconds then shuts off
Classic overheating
Check the CPU heat sync

ur ram is either not in correctly or your cpu is over heating, if it was a psu issue it wouldnt turn on at all

Yeah classic. If something heats up 80 degrees celcius is 2 seconds you just discovered cold nuclear fusion my friend.

Leave 1 stick of ram and see if it boots, also did you reapply thermal paste?

>RAM is measured in sticks

Nice try nigger

Lol

Literally slap your power aupply. Worked for me

It's instantly overheating and turning off because you didn't properly put thermal paste back on the processor / heat sink