So floridians of Sup Forums, I will be moving to Florida in less than a year. Anything I should know before coming?

So floridians of Sup Forums, I will be moving to Florida in less than a year. Anything I should know before coming?

You don't go outside during the summer. And don't buy a house in low lands. You will be in the next harvey in a few years.

hot af in summer, but if you're not a fat shit just wear tank tops, shorts, and flip flops like a normal floridian and its not so bad. Hurricanes are a thing more often than other places. Rain causes streets to flood, not so much houses though. South florida or tampa bay area will provide the most fun. Other than that its like any other shit hole, just hotter and flat af. If you live on the coast then im sure you have a local sandbar sunday which is when people park their boats on a big patch of sand that goes away with the tide to bbq and drink.

Buy a gun.
Based FL laws.
Hurricanes ain't shit.
Central FL masterrace.
130 above sea level ftw.
Disney and beaches within driving distance if you're a normie.
Miami is basically hell.
Orlando is a concrete asshole.
Tampa is dirty and lots of homeless.
Anything North of St. Augustine is cancer unless you're rich.

Lived in Tampa bay for 10+ years, it was a fuck load of fun. Hit Ybor city if your in the area. Good shows, decent clubs, awesome bars and pretty damn good food.
Lotta drugs though, and some gangs, but everyones overall friendly.

>3 replies
>0 mentions of Publix

fuck is going on here

Op here moving just outside Orlando. What do you mean by concrete asshole? Kek

I worked at Publix as a teen. Not worth a mention, to me.

i live in fort pierce man. We have mirandas and shakras isnt a far drive. Pub subs are good but those places blow them away.

Publix for the quality, Winn Dickhole for the deals.

Im slippin user.
Publix/Wawa is worth going there for by themselves. Fuck, i miss half-off sub days.

Lots of concrete and asphalt all converging on Orlando. Less concrete the further out you get. It's traffic-ridden, hot, unsightly for the most part (aside from decent landscaping) and boring unless you're a normie who likes to overpay for drinks. I live there now. There's plenty to do if you're new, though. Lots of festivals in the area of surrounding areas. I rate it 5/7.

fuck man i did forget about the chicken tender sub sale weeks. FUCK

Damn it I live in the mountains of New Jersey now and I love being away from people I am most certainly not a normie. I guess I'm gonna hate it there

There's a lot of niggers here

albertsons nigguh git on mah level n sheeit

north central florida is for you then brah. youll definitely hate it there.

Where and why? I moved here about 3 years ago. still getting used to it all but i like it

Albertson's is kill.
They became Safeways

Orlando is the only 'sanctuary' in the shithole of central Florida

So you give a perfect score?

change your mind and go elsewhere

Florida may seem like an enticing tropical paradise, but it is a trap

No one knows how to drive
Don't go to Miami, it sucks here and no one speaks english
Winter in Orlando might drop to low 40s, the rest of the time it'll be 80+ so expect your energy bill to be high
Florida is red so expect a lot of religious zealots and sister fucking conservatives, however Orlando being home to a major university helps
Enjoy, I loved living in Orlando and hope to move back there some day. Rent is cheaper, weather is better, people are nicer, etc

>area or surrounding areas
It's pretty okay. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in FL (except the super rich parts that I've had the pleasure of vacationing to because my family had a few beach houses for a time).

ayy lmao

Ft. Lauderdale oldfag here.
Summers suck.
Rest of year is great.
Jobs don't pay well unless you have skills.
Lots of good looking chicks.
Where is OP moving to?

This

>Do NOT fuck with the niggers with weird accents
>They're FOB Haitans who don't really understand that the police will try to find them if they hack someone to pieces and throw them in a dumpster.

If you're like me and hate most people, your hobbies will make you or break you, here. I got into shooting, gaming, and flying (planes). Normies do drinking, sports, and beach.
Lot of drugs in FL, but I'm college-aged so maybe I'm biased. Get ready for FloridaMan. Buy a gun, not kidding. Been home invaded three times in the past (trap house).

If you grocery shop for fun you must not have a lot going on

Yeah, irma bout to hit Florida. You can get some cheap real estate soon. Start scopping out in its path when it hits.

> be in cyber security field.
> live in Brevard county Florida.
> work at large cyber security firm.
> 180k/year salary.
> nothing to spend my money on.
> at this rate I'll be able to retire in the next 10 years and live a moderately nice life.
> 24 years old currently.
> life is okay. Florida has treated me well.

There should be plenty of vacant land for sale soon after this snowstorm hits op. I wish you luck. My advice is move to Brevard county if you are moving here for engineering/space/military contract purposes. You'll make bank and the cost of living is way less than living in/around orlando

Damn dude I will get a gun. How do I go about finding a dealer that won't rob me? Just weed

Thanks for the advice. I just want to be an electrician

Ask people who work at restaurants.

Brevard county. Move here. Like I said, every major space/department of defence contract company are here. Plenty of electrical jobs arpu d too. You can work for a mom and pop electrician company and make 40 grand a year or go be an electrician for Grumman and make 90 grand starting. A good friend and coworker of mine has a simple technical certificate in the IT field that would normally make him a tech support technician with shit salary, instead he makes like close to 80k a year d ping the same shit. Just with a government clearance.

Lot of gold teeth and dreadlocks get used to Black and Cuban people don't travel to the hood oh and it's hot as f*** Florida will change you as a human being it might be connected to the United States but it's a third world country

Tough if you don't already have friends. Parties, mostly. Ask the pizza guy (sketch af, imo). I grew in an affluent area so there was always your local drug pusher pushing to the kids. Last I checked he got barred out and killed himself, though. You pretty much have to be grandfathered in somewhere along the line. If you're a recluse like me it might be time to put on your big boy pants and learn to grow. It's an investment in your own sanity, the way I see it. I'm lucky that I'm sociable enough to still have friends from my old town who sell. I'd grow if I were you.

And I almost forgot everyone down here has face tattoos

If you can't afford to live on the beach in a whites (jews too unavoidable) only area don't move here.

>being a wageslave
lmfao

OooooO cuck

Novel meme

I work about 14 hours a week.

Where the fuck do you live that it's third world? Have you ever even been to a third world country, nigger? Even the ghettos of FL aren't even close.

>I grew in
Is supposed to be
>I grew up in
It changes the whole message; my bad.
Well, not the whole message. You get the drift.

lol I got what you meant thanks for clarifying though. Thanks for all of the advice everyone

dont swim/walk through the flood water...

had to go to the doctor and got proscribed antibiotics