How do children learn language? I've noticed that people who learn from books, movies, etc...

How do children learn language? I've noticed that people who learn from books, movies, etc. never become truly fluent like a native speaker. How can I learn a language the same way a child does?

you need to be under the critical age (usually 12) and exposed to the said language in order to learn like a children its not something that grown ups can do
also its not like learning as in its not something conscious and thats why its called language acquisition in linguistics

Children take 11 years of schooling to reach an adult level m8, you can do better

become child

turn back time

you gotta just speak the language and be in situations where you're forced to speak it in order to communicate. maybe get active in local cultural things. find a buddy you can skype with. play games on foreign servers. that type of thing.

But that's how to become fluent, not native.

You´d need to practice the language for pronunciation and such things. Reading or listening isn´t enough, you have to speak it yourself and interact with others in the language to be fluent. Children learn them fast because they are at an age of learning and also because they speak it everyday

well the only way to become native is to live in whatever country your language is spoken in. Which language are you interested in?

Weeb. I'm at around the N3 level right now, but I've noticed that even though I can translate things correctly, it's doesn't sound the same as if a native would say it.

It's this. I've met foreigners who could talk with authentic Bavarian accent, but they lived here for 20 years+

I've lived in Sudan for a cumulative 15 years and I still don't speak Arabic like a native, and I am a fucking native

well you're prolly just a dumbass then lmao

What do you speak, then?

It was a joke, you didn't have to hurt my feelings

I use birdcalls and smoke signals to get by

ah, well I'll balance it out with a compliment then. Your English is fantastic, pal.

Just like a monotheist.

i learned english for over 10 Years, but it sucked.
After living in the sates for a Year it was near perfect. You have to speak it. every day. I am learning Japanese for quite a long time, but it sucks. And it will suck, cause i have nobody to speak with him Japanese.
And yes, children learn very fast. i learned German Perfectly in 3 Months, but i was 7 at the time...

why?

Thank you very much sir, I will chastise and denigrate many people with my superior grammar on the internet today

It's weird, learning English before Arabic and then becoming a native speaker didn't work out, I still don't sound 100 percent native because of the dialectal defects

No offense, but from seeing how you write, there would be no question in my mind you were a foreign speaker. This is what I'm trying to avoid. I understand you perfectly, but you speak in a way that's different from the way an American would speak.

yeah?
where did I went wrong?

You can't. Kids learn their language doing kids things (playing with other kids, learning from their parents, reading kids books, watching kids cartoons, etc.). Adults don't have the luxury of all that because they are hard pressed doing adult things (a full-time job, debts, their families, etc.).

>where did I went wrong?
In this case, you'd say, "Where did I go wrong?"

>i learned english for over 10 Years, but it sucked
"I spent over 10 years learning english, but it sucked [when I tried using it in America.]"

>I am learning Japanese for quite a long time, but it sucks
"I have been learning Japanese for quite a long time, but it still sucks."

Why do you even have this picture saved?

Because there's some symbolism behind the rooster. It's like the Russian counterpart of the American bold eagle.

:/
damn
i must sound like Jar Jar Binks to you
me no more confident in talky talky americano

i thought the russian symbol is the Bear?

don't let it get you down. just go and study more and you'll eventually be great.

It depends on the person, some foreigners learn to speak like a native but it takes years of speaking to accomplish, it's not measured in level or whatever course you're doing.