Can you tell whether my marijuana plant is male of female??

Can you tell whether my marijuana plant is male of female??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VuzDZ9gE8XQ
m.imgur.com/a/nH9nj
theweedblog.com/what-are-feminized-marijuana-seeds/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

50/50
Get rid of the other half

Ask me for more angles or info

Look for the balls, seriously. Take a pic under the leaf

This. then remove balls

100% male of female. Trust me, I'm a highentist.

It's T R A N S N I G G E R

Too early to tell

You usually cant tell until it starts flowering. You might want to mix that soil with some perlite mate...

This... but it is way to early to tell right now... wait till they get around 6in..

Hi, OP.

Biologist (emphasis in Botany)/Stoner here, ask me anything you need to know about the Devil's Lettuce. It is my research object in Vegetal Physiology and Pharmacology.

As the other anona stated, it is still too early to sex them. You need to wait until their axilar gems develop into preflowers.

the ones pointing toward the kitchen are female

Only by flowering them. If you see
>pic related
Pull them up and throw them away asap. You don't want them fertilizing the females.

Also, here's a visual guide for qhen they show up.

When you have the opportunity, add perlite and coconut straw to aerate your substrate. Give each of them their own vase, make sure they're getting at least 16h a day of light/8h darkness. Once they reach the height you want, switch to 12h light/12h darkness to trigger flowering.

Kek

Won't know until they start to flower dummy, and you're a long ass ways away from flowering.

Your plants are currently just like you, gender fluid.

You need to check if they have a vegan ore benis.

Show them a trap thread and wait for the reaction fool

>Can you tell whether my marijuana plant is male of female??

No, but I can tell that you're a clueless faggot.

WTF are you doing faggot
5 plants in a pot? Seriously?

OP is learning, we should encourage him. We've all been in that stage where we had more enthusiasm than knowledge.

Botanyfag still lurking if you have any questions, OP.

Any step by step guide for newfags? I really want to start growing. I had a shit dealer give me an oz with about 50 seeds. Can i use those or buy some?

Sure!

So, if you're in a legal state/anywhere you can legally get seeds (or illegally but safely), it's always better than what you get from brick weed. Buying gives you the option to choose strains and if you get them from certified providers, you're garanteed to get quality stuff. The con is obviously the price. Quality seeds can get rather expensive.

On the other hand, you can make do with what you've got, and those brickweed seeds can go a long way if properly tended to.

I can give you a step by step, alright. How much of a noob are you? Should I give you just tips or begin from scratch?

those are way to fuckin close togeather, wait for it to grow, males have little banana cock shaped things that just open and spread pollen, females will have the "weed" buds you smoke

Its more important to find out what each plant identifies as

Oh yeah total scratch. Been smoking for a while but my luck for quality is running out. I hate brick weed lol. I am still undecided on where to grow as well. If the plants smell really bad depend on where to grow.

Ok, let me go to my computer (currently on phone and it's shit to type).

Be back in a moment.

yes its a male
youtube.com/watch?v=VuzDZ9gE8XQ

This shall help you my son

m.imgur.com/a/nH9nj

it's on Sup Forums and OP is always a faggot,

therefore, it's a trap

Botanyfag here.

Bear with me, I'm typing as I go, so this may take a while.

First off, you need to get your seeds. It doesn't matter where you get them from, just make sure you get the best looking ones. Avoid any seeds with mold or cracked. They should look like pic related.

Once you get them, you need to break their dormancy. In order to do that, you need to get them soaked, so the endocarp will start cell division. Once the water gets to the inner tissues, the seed will produce Giberelin, a hormone that will synthesize α-amilase, that will break the starch contained in the endocarp into sugar, and use it as energy to grow.

To do that, simply place the seeds in a glass of water (if you can get your hands on distilled water, it's even better. If not, tap water will do) for 24h.
The seeds will float initially, and after 24h they should have sank to the bottom. If by the end of the 24h they're still floating, just tap them light to break the water's surface tension. They should sink.

Cont.

Why did you put them in one pot?

Don't use those seeds user. They could just as easily be a handful of fishing hemp seed thrown in to increase the weight. Go to a decent seedbank like Greenhouse seeds or Barney's Farm and buy some feminized seeds. Between me and a mate we must have gone through over a hundred seeds and only ever had one male
(see )
You get out what you put in, so it's worth spending some money on seeds and plant food.
Pic is from seed that cost £60 for 10 seeds, all females. I grew 8 plants under a scrog and harvested 46oz of dry bud.

Kek. To be fair, you do occasionally get hermaphrodites.

If you grow indoors, a carbon filtered extract is a must.

Too soon. You have to look for the vagina and balls just as they start to hit puberty. Google it dumb ass
Check em

>feminized seeds
what is this

Dubs of truth
Check em

>put all your seeds in one pot
>roots will intertwine before their sexes show
>wont be able to remove males without damaging females
>even if he could, planting them all in one pot will result in overcrowding and poor growth conditions

best bet this early into your experience is to throw it all away and star over, plant each seed separately

plant the seeds seperately in grow cubes and/or small plastic drinking cups

you want the roots to grow strong and thick at first so you do NOT want to plant seeds in a big container as pictured in OP, the roots will grow less densely

if you plant the seeds in smaller containers first, the roots will be stronger and only have the nutrients in the smaller cup to absorb. once the 'root ball' is big enough u transplate the plant into a bigger container with more, fresh soil for the roots to grow outward and absorb.

i always went from grow cube, plastic cub, 5 inch diameter pot to 12 inch diameter pot.

seriously, start over.

also get these books off amazon:

Grow Great Marijuana: An Uncomplicated Guide to Growing the World's Finest Cannabis

Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible

Some people like to score the outer shell, in order to make it thinner. You can use a light sandpaper to do that. Be gentle in order to avoid damage, and steer clear from it entirely if you're not sure. Rub it just enough to remove the shiny coating.

After the soaking process, get a baking sheet, place paper towels on it, soak it with water, tip it to remove excess. Place your presoaked seeds on paper and cover with another soaked paper towel sheet.
Keep them in a light (not directly sunlit) and well ventilated area, making sure the paper towels are moist (not completely soaked, overwatering might kill/rot the seeds).
They should germinate in 2-5 days and look like pic related.

Ayy, hi fella

Exactly what it says. As I understand it, they use a hormone that makes a female plant produce a male flower. Since there's no Y chromosome, the seeds are 99.9% female.

theweedblog.com/what-are-feminized-marijuana-seeds/

Too early to tell, when you throw them into bud cycle some will have balls some will have flowers, then throw the males away.

Link broken

please go on

Once they germinate and their epicotyl is showing, it's time to move them to subtrate.

What you're looking for is a light, well aerated substrate, rich in micro and macronutrients.

Usually, what is used is a mixture made of 1/3 organic mulch (typically coconut straw/shavings or wood shavings), 1/3 perlite (believe it or not, this is hydrated expanded obsidian, a volcanic glass. It is thown in for aeration, and to avoid the substrate compacting down too much, which would make it harder for the roots to grow) and 1/3 soil (the ones you get in bags in gardening shops).

Fill your pots with the mixture, do not press it down. Move the seedlings to pots separately. Do not plant more than one per pot. When transplanting, don't go too deep: simply press your index finger half an inch into the substrate.

Important: plant the epicotyl (the white little tip sticking out of the seed) facing downwards. This will allow the root to firmly grasp into the substrate, while the main stem shoots up from the seed, leaving the cotyledons stay halfway between them. This is important, because, as I said before, the endocarp is going to be the plantling's main sustainance source before the plant starts photosinthesizing its own food (which should happen only after the first leaflets appear).

Now, watering and photoperiod.

Water it cautiosly and sparsely. We've all thought "the more water it gets, the faster it'll grow". However, in case of poor drainage, the water will accumulate below and the roots will rot to all hell. Make sure you use ceramic pots or plastic ones with holes at the bottom. Water every other day (or more frequently if you notice the substrate is getting too dry/cracking or if you live in a dry place).
Initially, while the plantling is still under the substrate, and afterwards while it's still too young, use an atomizer/spray bottle to water. Just a few squirts a day will do. After the plant has a strong hold onto the substrate and gets thicker and taller, move to watering until the water drips from the bottom every other day. Keep your eyes peeled for overwatering signs: mold/moss growing over the substrate is a bad sign. Drooping leaves or stem can be due to overwatering as well.

Lighting can be natural or artificial. It all depends on where you live, how legal it is to plant where you live, how near to your neighbours your plants are and how cunty the neighbours might be. Of course outdoor would be ideal, but we can't always control the weather, and some of us live in cold as fuck/wet as fuck places. Indoor might be the solution.
You don't need to get anything too fancy. Incandescent and fluorescent bulbs will do the job just fine. All you need is to make sure the plant gets enough light AND enough darkness. They need to receive 16 hours of light and 8 hours of complete darkness while on the vegetative state (the "growing up without any flowering" state).
If you're doing this indoors, make sure you get a box (or closet, or room) where you won't flash the with lights during their dark period. Leave them be, some carbon fixation cycles - some very important photosynthesis processes - only happen in darkness. Remember: 16/8.

Cont.

Never heard 16/8 before. I always start on 18/6. I'll have to try it - saves a couple of hours of electricity at least (I have 2x600w hps).

what is happening to the lower leaves on my left plant?

Whqts that screen for?

If you don't provide the plants with enough light, they'll etiolate: they'll shoot upwards looking for light and neglect secondary growth (thickness and lateral leaves), and they'll be too thin to sustain their own weight (pic related, left is normal lighting conditions, right is etiolated).
Make sure they get their 16 hours of light and 8 hours of dark. They're equally important for the growth.

Once the plants grow to your desired height (consider most Cannabis plants naturally don't grow past 66 in/1,7m in height, 15 in/40cm in girth including leaves), it's time to switch from the vegetative period to the flowering period.
To trigger flowering, we must fool the plant and simulate Spring. The only way to do it is switchin the photoperiod from 16/8 to 12/12. 12 hours light, 12 hours darkness. That's all.

Another important aspect to consider is ventilation. If you're going to do it indoors, the lights might heat up the air around the leave too much, burn them or generally increase the temperature. Since it is evaporation on the leaves stomata that determine the rate of water absorption at the roots (by creating a water column inside the plant's xylem held together by tension-cohesion), if the evaporation rate is too high, water absorption might be too high as well.
Plants do have mechanisms to avoid desiccation (and subsequent dehydration): they close their stomata, avoiding water loss entirely. However, if your lights are too close to the leaves/too hot, closing the stomata might lead to the leaves being cooked inside out. The water that was supposed to evaporate and take the heat off the leaves is now trapped inside and overheating it may lead to the leaf being "cooked" (raising temperatures degenerate proteins and basically fuck everything up).
Using a fan to circulate the air between the leaves usually do the job.

I've seen people using 18/6, but I think that dark period is way too short. Have you been getting good results on it?

You mean the yellowing or the shape?

The yellowing might be chlorosis (a nutrient deficiency that causes the chlorophyll a and b molecules to degrade. It might need zinc, magnesium or iron), overwatering (check for waterlogged roots), or even too much sunlight.

How dare you try to assume it's gender weeeoooeeeerrrraaaaaahhh!!

They're dying. Pull them off.

It's a scrog (SCreen Of Green). You grow the plants up to the screen, then as they flower you bend the branches so that - ideally - you have a bud in each hole in the screen. The plant then seems to treat all the buds as top buds, giving you bigger, more evenly sized buds. Everything under the canopy is pruned off to give the top buds all the food and light. It easily added 10oz to my yield from 8 plants.

Also meant for

Oh, another possibility: the roots might be too compacted. Try aerating the substrate a bit/moving it into a larger pot/adding perlite to the substrate.
If you inferr it might be nutrient deficiency, try adding a new layer of organic soil (do not press it down), and watering it. Everytime we water our plants, the water washes away the nutrients (being a polar molecule it binds with those ions easily) and the substrate gets poorer and poorer. Adding a new layer replenishes the nutrients.

the yellowing

its been hot as fuck recently so its possible sun burn

they are random auto seeds that attempted to grow out for my first time

just learned they were autos whehn it started budding at 3 weeks wtff

so, they're traps?

thank you

You can pull them out, since they're not going to make much of a difference. I would leave them on as bioindicators, however.

I dont have a degree in gender studies I couldn't tell you

Lel. Could be.

Anytime! This is just the beggining. You'll notice, however, as time passes and your plants grow, you'll sprout as many doubts as they'll sprout leaves. Your first batch will teach you a lot.
Hope I helped. If you (or anyone, really) have any questions, shoot away.

Been getting around 5 - 5.5oz per plant on 18/6. You think I could get more on 16/8?

why the fuck do you have ducttape in the pot?, do you use it to pull the plants out or are you just retard.

btw, way to go putting glue and synthetic rubber in to your soil

Shoul i try my first batch with brick seeds and if successful buy some online? Can i buy seeds online in a illegal state?

yeah im down to leave them as is unless its truly detrimental to plants health

i have 5 more seeds for later in life and you are right this first grow isnt even over yet and the amount ive learned is incredible

still a lot more to go tho

plant 2

I'd pull them off. They're taking more energy than they can produce, which is why the plant is killing them off.

Get on jewtube and watch jorge.cervantes ultimate grow.

>it is still too early to sex them
What kinda shitty school did you go too?
they stiffened your mind and stunted your creativity, you think in boxes.

>you could totally get a chem make up of the plants to see which is female and which is male

I would say so, based solely on what plant physiology I know.
I wouldn't try on adult plants, however. I'd try it on a fresh batch. Think of it as your control group.

I'd like to see how this goes, is there any way we can keep in touch?

going true 100 seeds at a rate of 4 to 10 bucks a seed, not having a mother plant, not just selecting your own mother plant, fucking noobish mate, lazy on top of that

I'd say it's the best way to do it. Trying with brick seeds is mostly free, and if you fuck up you lost nothing. Better than spending money on good seeds and losing them, for example.

As to the legality of purchasing seeds, I wouldn't know. It depends on your state laws. Where do you live?

If you're willing to provide the chemicals/equipment/time involved, I'd be glad to. Which university are you with?

>best bet this early into your experience is to throw it all away and star over, plant each seed separately
did they drop you on your head as a baby.
are you ocd
you can damege roots of plants they just grow back.
those plants are so small they can still be transplanted right now and the bigger deeper pot actually allows the pen root to grow better then in a small pot, so you save space

you are a scrub, a factory worker, a button pressing monkey

seed roots stick to the pare and you break them sometimes if you pick them up.

more like transsexuals with out the male genetics

I don't keep a mother because it looks bad if I get busted as it's a totally illegal grow (Britfag). I do take cuttings from strains I like though, to keep them going for a couple of grows. I do like to try new flavours though, so seeds are the easiest way to go. The grow pays for the seeds, so I'm not really spending anything.

Will definitely give it a go next time. Not giving out contact details on here though, sorry. Thanks for the info.

Just be careful when lifting the paper and when lifting the seeds themselves and you should be fine. They're obviously fragile, you wouldn't touch them like a sex-frenzied gorilla.

Be gentle, that's all.

I totally understand, mate. Good luck with your grow op.

Just outta curiosity, how many £ for a g?

how many watts are you using just out of interest?

2 thousand niggawatts

Usually sell ounces at £180, but would do a gram for £10 if a mate asked. Lately I've been making qwiso with the trim and mates are snapping it up at £20/G. Not bad for what's essentially rubbish.

2x600w hps

once they start blooming you can tell
why'd you even start growing without knowing the basics?

thats fucked up

>
>>feminized seeds
>what is this

Worth the money. Saves a step you'd otherwise have to go through.

ouch that UK electric bill. I feel your pain running 2 * 400 HPS and 4 * 55 watts side lights myself. Winter sucks must add heat and deal with condensation :(

You need a light. LEDs are worth the money. They don't get as hot as halide lights. Aeroponics is cleaner and faster than soil. Spend some money on decent hardware. You only need to grow 1 or 2 plants to keep yourself supplied with very good quality cannabis. And this is now LEGAL where I live, I have to keep reminding myself. LEGAL. LEGAL. LEGAL.

Wow, that's fantastic! When I lived in London, I used to get 1g for £20, but it was a bit scarcer than it is today. 46 oz would be ~1300g, times £10 pounds a g it's a whooping 13000 quid. Amazing indeed.

Good luck, fam. Keep up the good work.

Cool thx

Texas.

IKR? It's not cheap, but the weed more than covers the expenses. I have a cold air intake and carbon filtered extract, so heat and condensation aren't a problem really.
Love that pic btw.

Thanks dude. I'll be growing 'til they jail me for it ;)

Where have you been /user/??

Nah, they won't. There will come a time when you'll be able to grow without a worry. Stay safe.

Yeah, TX might be a problem. US laws are absolutely fucked up. Even though most countries don't consider mj seeds a problem, depending on where you are they might state the seeds are a precursor to an illegal controlled substance and give you grief for it. There was Marc Emery's case (the canadian "King of Seeds") that was arrested in Canada and extradited to the US for judgement for selling and shipping mj seeds over the Canada-US border.
I mean, come on, what about the millions in tobacco and firearms going over the border every year? And here we have a canadian citizen being shipped to a different country to be judged for a crime without victims.

Being in TX I'd steer clear from buying it online. If you can get your hands on seeds, that's fine. Just don't order them. If you can smuggle them from a neighbouring state you're good to go, just don't get caught as it is a federal crime.

Srsly, fuck US laws.

I was here all the time, lel. I'm still here, btw, ask away!

Your claim saying it is to early to sex them is incorrect

Are they good to smoke?

So does that mean you can't buy hemp seed as fishing bait? Even in the UK, which doesn't distinguish between thc-free hemp and "drug" containing cannabis, you can buy hemp seed by the kilo.