Hey Sup Forums, I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of depersonalization/derealisation before - and if so...

Hey Sup Forums, I was wondering if any of you guys have heard of depersonalization/derealisation before - and if so, what was your experience like? I got it after smoking strong weed with friends a few years back and it's been with me ever since

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9oX2xFo7JA4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I feel it sometimes when I get really depressed. Being on antidepressants makes it much worse.
It just sucks. You don't feel anything when something good or bad happens, because you don't feel like it affects you. It just happened.

I had it for only a a week or so luckily about a year ago from smoking strong weed as well, it was a weird experience, couldn't concentrate on anything at all. Life seemed slow and I was like emotionless, hard to explain really.

I get it a lot, after a while it starts to feel as if the whole world is some grotesque play, and everyone is acting out parts they didn't work very hard to memorize. I start to feel like there's no real reason for me to act my part out, and spend a lot of time lying around staring at things and thinking very little about anything. It feels like nothing ever happened and nothing ever will, that all time is both instant and never ends, and that there's nothing really worth putting effort towards. Rough shit man.

Yeah I hear you, I feel as though I don't have an identity - like I'm just here stuck in the present, sifting through time with no idea who I am. I'm on anti-depressants because of it.

Same thing happened to me. Had it for years now. Think its for life.

I used to take triple cs and robin, almost everyday for about 7 years on top of that I abused acid without taking breaks. It was a very strong feeling, it's like if I touch somebody it doesn't feel like I'm touching that person. I've been clean for a bit and it's somewhat going away. It'll get better op.

Glad I'm not alone with this shit, it's like 24/7 non stop feeling of unreality - like I'm dead and just floating around aimlessly. It's also making me turn into a loser cos I can barely function.

The first time I experienced it was on acid when I was 15, it freaked me the hell out but subsided after about a week. But ever since smoking that skunk weed it's been constant.

I might as well just neck myself if it's for life

I went through an extremely bad period of this after smoking some CBD that had been laced with other shit. It was just incredibly freaky, like I was a ghost controlling a human body like a video game and nothing felt real. I managed to get over it by just ignoring it until it went away, but it took about 3 weeks after it started to get rid of it.

Glad you got over it, you don't wanna be stuck with this shit as long as I have. I've thought about suicide cos of it for a long time, but I'm only 20 and have a lot of living to do and I lack the constitution for suicide. Happy you're okay though

This. I have not been able to verbalize this the way you just did but I can't tell if it is just my outlook on life now or if my personality shifted from some other experience. It comes and goes in waves though.

Ive had this to. I tend to have really bad anxiety when I get high. I've tried a mixture of hybrids and straight indicas and sativas, but nonetheless I still have paranoid thoughts. I start to think dark thoughts, one of them is believing that people perceive me as a literal mongoloid.

After a day or two I get the symptoms of derealization. I get depressed and think life is a movie, people seem cartoonish and interactions are scripted.

The only thing that I think has helped me get over it was stop smoking, take a month break, and taking up a hobby (preferably physical ie. Boxing, Biking, Swimming). Got over it in about a month, but everyone is diffrent. I do think, though, that cannabis has made me slightly ditzy and I forget things more frequently.

One thing that MASSIVELY helped me was going for walks regularly. It sounds like some stereotypical useless pussy advice, but exercise is a great way to feel connected to yourself again and taking everything at a slow pace gives you room to think.

This.
If you're a nature freak like me, then intense hikes are your best therapy. And if it kicks in during, you can sit and somewhat enjoy the scenery. I usually bring paper and draw scenery to try and fight it, or just sit staring at whatever catches my eye until it passes.

When i was a little kid, i loved to question the existens of reality and why everything existed.
When i came back, nothing around me seems unreal

I've had it for years now. Started when I worked an extremely stressful job with my dad who melts down 24/7. Had an anxiety fit and perception changed from what I knew it as since then.
The way I described it to people is it's like I watched life through an amazing 4 tv all my life then out of nowhere someone dropped a shitty old TV in it's place and that's how the world feels to me now.
I tried going through health kicks to combat it but it isn't something that shakable.
You do eventually forget about it some if you stay busy but everything becomes so much more fearful because of it.
What if something happens that needs perception to judge the situation and yours is wonked out?
Possibilities are scary with this disorder. But as someone who still suffers just be sure to understand you are not going crazy and you can fix this. Losing hope makes the dirt just keep coming

4k*

I used to have depersonalization till I sought Jesus. I'm serious guys, that's how I got it of it.

Yeah same here my vision is fucked, I also have trouble looking at people because of it - did you ever experience that?

So did I - for a while. But then I realized that I was searching for some cathartic narrative to ease my pain rather than actually believing in Jesus and all that shit in the Bible - so I stopped.

Thanks for the input everyone, I feel better knowing I'm not alone with this shit

I've never been so proud of a stranger for spitting such truth.

Your vision seems off. Like when it's dark you feel like you can't focus or see like you use to be able to. You start questioning if your vision is messed up but I think it's a lack of perceptive focus.
And not really but I force myself to stare at people's faces to combat anxiety. It can be uncomfortable but you can't live a happy life not being able to look mfs in the face. Try when you can man

I scourged the net trying to see if I went crazy for months. Our brains are just fucking weird sometimes I guess lol

I currently suffer from BPD and this is one of the symptoms I have. I started experiencing it after an OD on Oxy a couple years back. It used to just come and go but now it's 24/7 basically. I only ever get a few seconds of oh shit I feel real before it all turns to shit. I understand where you're coming from OP

Possibly related. If I look at something for a long time or at myself in the mirror, I get this feeling like "whoa, this is really happening."

If I'm not actively thinking about it, I'm not really impressed by existence or life. (It's not that I'm depressed.) Just realizing that I'm not fully conscious of how real life is.

I get that too, as soon as I notice that "oh shit I feel real" it comes back, even worse. I'm lucky to not have to suffer BPD with it aswell, that sounds like hell - I wish you all the best user, at least we're not alone with this.

Honestly after years of derealization I just don't feel anything anymore. I've gotten so used to it I'm scared to have it leave

Same lol fuck this world it sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=9oX2xFo7JA4

This basically sums up my outlook on life

I feel ya, there's comfort in the numbness. Like everything that scares or depresses you just doesn't hit you anymore cos you've turned your back to it all.

That's why it happens. It's a reflex from always being stressed or scared. Your brain pretty much said 'no more over thinking and it mentally impairing you'

Just a quick reminder that you are nobody and that this world is futile and meaningless. Me, you and everyone else are just a bunch of biological specimens labouring under the illusion of having a self, scurrying around on a giant rock orbiting aimlessly in outer space in an equally futile and meaningless universe.