On Sept 1, it became legal in Texas to open carry a sword. Where do I get a good quality one...

On Sept 1, it became legal in Texas to open carry a sword. Where do I get a good quality one? I'm not one of those fedora autists. I just want to have one in my truck. Teach me about swords, Sup Forums.

Right now an oar might be a better option

Hue hue hue

I know there's sword fags here. Come on Sup Forums.

Depends on what you're after
I have a 15th century hand and a half sword, a flail, a flatbow and a fibreglass bow and a scottish dirk

Are you looking for something big?
Small?
Fancy and over the top?

A traditional carry-sword would be a smallsword, rapier or tuck as they were carried by civvies.

Anything larger would be a bit over the top as a baseball bat would be easier.

Mind you a baseball bad would be less conspicuous too

Post of the night right here.

Holy fucking shit

I really like Skallagrim's content. He has a lot of videos talking about historical martial arts and swords from different periods and where to purchase them.

High quality swords are pretty expensive however.

Literally have gandalfs sword right next to me along with sting and legolas' twin daggers. Honestly get a katana, do a little bit of research but those would be your best choice cause theyre light and sharp as fuck

This is a Tuck

Also Falchions are fun. I'm after that next

So can you recommend a good website where I can look around? One with quality stuff? I don't know what I want but it's gotta look good and be "battle ready."

KEK

I'm willing to spend some money so I will check him out. Thanks

OH FUCK

I think I've seen some of these on Amazon or touch of modern. I remember liking them but I don't remember exactly the model. I'll look for those again

I'm a bladesmith in Wichita Falls. TigerToothTools on facebook

Define battle-ready?

Swords are weapons
Weapons are used in battles

Also I'm not from Texas but these seem okay

A classic one handed blade would be an arming sword if you want something basic but recognisable

I like it.

I'll check it out

Nothing autistic about this

Basically I mean it should be sharp and not intended solely for display. Full tang and ready to actually be used.

Just incase you look at tucks, I'd take note that they're not very long swords as they were carried by middle and upper class civvies and rarely carries in big battles

Just status symbols however they can still kill easily

I basically want something I can use with one hand. I don't want a giant heavy one

I was going to ask about that but I thought I would just look it up. That's fine. Doesn't need to be very long

Try /k/

Then yeah, a tuck or a smallsword would suffice

Quick and light but niche enough to draw attention to whomever you're brandiahing it to.

Personally I'd go for a mace (looking at one soon) as they're scarier in my opinion

I'm out. Gotta go back to work. Thanks for the help anons. I'll check all this out. I'll check with /k/ if I if i still can't find anything I like but I think this gives me enough info to go on

Thanks bro, I'll check those out. I appreciate all the help.

How much you wanna spend? Check out kult if athena, look up reviews and materials. Have fun never getting pussy btw.

Maxes are slower in general in action, recovery, and deployment from retention. I'd really recommend a tuck or similarly small blade with a hand guard.

Get a khukiri or machete strong one handed working blades

Albion's high-end, but they're pretty damn expensive. I own two of them, but picked them up a few years apart. Arms-and-Armor is another option. Even as a sword owner/user, I'd say you'd be much better off going with a gun if you're talking protection. In very few circumstances does the sword give you an edge, so to speak, over a firearm.

Historically accurate medieval swords will be part of the Oakeshott Typology, and they will cost thousands. You can check out Albion Swords, everything else in the world is not done right.

Depends on how much you're willing to spend, sometimes you can get some good deals on eBay

Not some fag that has a katana collection but I've gotten a few neat things, ww1 sabers and stuff all for 50-100 dollars. You could also go to cult of Athena or some shit my friend recommended to me, a lot more expensive but a really high quality product.

kultofathena.com
darkswordarmorycom
pls do it user.

All fake.

A&A is close to albion. They put in the research to get it right.