Why was this so highly praised by critics (and Sup Forums at some point)?

Why was this so highly praised by critics (and Sup Forums at some point)?

It's just your average alt-country with occasional noises from O'Rourke.

post an album like yankee but better

My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves, but it's a bit breezier

I'm being serious, what's the deal with all the 10s? It's a nice album, but what makes it so good in critics' eyes?

effortless talent on it and 9/11

alt-country is country for the nu-males, they even believe they are being many becausw they believe they like this """country"""

There isn't one bad song on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Jesus Ect is one of my favorite songs ever.

We need some more MMJ discussion on here.

>t. nu-male

>OH AND DISTANCE HAS NO WAYYY
>OF MAKING LOVE
>UNDERSTANDAAABLE

>I don't care for a genre so only betafags like it
alright chief

For me, It's the best "safe" album out there. While it doesn't reach beyond any boundaries or do something completely unique, it does everything perfect in the comfort zone that its in.

And thats because every song is enjoyable. I am trying to break your heart is an excellent opener, with "I am an American aquarium drinker" being some of the most memorable opening lyrics to any album. I could go into details for why every other song is great, but instead of that, let me ask you: is there a dud on this album? if there is, which song and why?

That's because there is none. It's one of the most easy going yet perfect albums out there.

>Reservations

This. If poor places would have been the finish and reservations didnt happen it would be 10/10

Nah, reservations is a great closer. I like to think of poor places as the climax, while reservations is a brief resolution about Jeff getting over the breakup he was so upset about in the opening track.

well thank god hipsters made country interesting
literally the worst genre ever

you shut your mouth. you don't know any country besides the crap jewish americans play all the time on the radio so stay pleb

how the album was released played a big part in critical acclaim. its a good album for sure, but nothing revolutionary

this is something I've been meaning to ask for ages, can you recommend me some good country?

>occasional noises from O'Rourke.
common misconception. a lot of the sounds and noises and such were actually jay bennett's idea, his ideas had became such distractingly strange turns for tweedy's songs that it ultimately got him kicked out of the band, and they brought jim orourke in closer to the end of the album just to make sense of all the random tracks they'd been piling on along the way,

this isn't fucking alt-country are you retarded

I think P4K particularly gave it a 10 because it sonically rode on the coattails of Radiohead's Kid A. It's very easy to pinpoint the similarities. The album also does some super cool leitmotif kind of stuff, like at the end of the first track where Jeff quietly says "I'm the man who loves you", then later on a track of the same name comes on. At the end of Ashes of American Flags, this piano plays for a second to end off the song, then the same exact piano chords or whatever play on Heavy Metal Drummer, the next track. There's a lot of studio fuckery and similarity to say, Sufjan Stevens, in the record. I would say it is amazing, but I understand why one might find it bland.