Why does Sup Forums hate RHCP?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjA2f7Pukws
songmeanings.com/songs/view/1372/
youtube.com/watch?v=9jRU6dp-G0E
youtube.com/watch?v=kU-lHs6QVrc
youtube.com/watch?v=XnZo7b2Fx80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know why people have this irrational hate for them and shill for pop music here. I guess it's like how people shit on Nickelback without hearing them because it's a meme except RHCP is actually good.
Critics also hate them for being silly and newfags want to prove their taste.

Anthony is a huge dork.

>le will ferrell looking drummer
>le steve nash singer
>le toothless actor
>le good guitarist

fuck this band

DUDERY BOPPITY SHOP BATOP CALIFORNIA LMAO

They're the ultimate normie band.

They're a bunch of bungleoids

They're less than the sum of their parts

It's a meme. They're a great band. Any one who dismisses them outright is just trying to sound like he has superior taste. They have multiple classic albums under their belt, and most of their members are the best modern players at their respective instruments

Because Frusciante left and now they are too bland

For me it's overexposure. Like I have heard By the Way, way too many times to enjoy it by this point. That goes for like all of their shit.

blood sugar sex magik sucks. 3 good songs on it. Californication and By the way are alright. Everything after that, is trash. I havent listened to their 80's stuff before Mother's milk(not into it). But I know I wouldnt like it. Anthony Keidis writes lyrics almost as bad as Steven Tyler.

>blood sugar sex magik sucks
You must've fallen for the meme. It's an objectively good album. Interesting genre fusion (Funk / Rock) in an accessible but still authentic package. Amazing instrumentation (Chad, John, Flea). And wayyy more than 3 good songs (Power Of Equality, Breaking The Girl, Funky Monks, Suck My Kiss, Give It Away, Under The Bridge, Naked In The Rain, My Lovely Man, etc.)
>Californication and By the way are alright
Interesting that you choose these two over BSSM. They're both great for the same reasons listed above (minus a little bit from John cause he couldn't play that well on Californication)
I could care less about lyrics.
>Everything after that, is trash
Stadium Arcadium is super bloated, but it has some incredible tracks on it. The albums without John are trash
>I havent listened to their 80's stuff before Mother's milk(not into it)
Same
>Anthony Keidis writes lyrics almost as bad as Steven Tyler
I could care less about lyrics. They make pop tunes. Besides most of them are purposely weird and incoherent.

>BSSM has 3 good songs
>Haven't listened to the 80s stuff
So basically you admit you haven't listened to the real albums. Listen to Freaky Styley and self-titled. It sounds radically different. More experimental and no pop hooks. That's why they were once respected.

low hanging fruit and a terrible attempt

Suck my kiss and Give it away are 2 of the biggest pieces of shit I have ever heard. I cringe when I hear those songs.
>I could care less about lyrics
Well, I do

Not everyone has to like their 80s stuff. And those albums are NOT why they were once widely respected, BSSM is. Mother's Milk was their first real album

>Suck my kiss and Give it away are 2 of the biggest pieces of shit I have ever heard
A little over dramatic, and still leaves more than 3 songs on BSSM
>Lyrics
The lyrics aren't that bad man. And if you put so much weight on them that you dismiss the playing from Chad, John, and Flea, then it's your loss. I've listened to every RHCP album dozens of times and I only know a handful of lyrics because there not nearly as important as the instrumentation and melodies. Completely dismissing RHCP simply because you don't enjoy their lyrics is cringe

>The lyrics aren't that bad man. And if you put so much weight on them that you dismiss the playing from Chad, John, and Flea, then it's your loss. I've listened to every RHCP album dozens of times and I only know a handful of lyrics because there not nearly as important as the instrumentation and melodies. Completely dismissing RHCP simply because you don't enjoy their lyrics is cringe
Yea bro, so do you like Limp Bizkit? Because I admit that the band is good, but they lyrics are soooo fucking bad that I cannot even muster to listen to them seriously. Shitty lyrics can completely destroy a band. 2 examples are RHCP and Limp Bizkit. Thankfully, Keidis isnt as bad as Durst, and RHCP have 2 albums that I consider listenable

Kiedis is a million times better than Durst. He is quite decent.

See. It's no surprise people here hate RHCP. They only know their pop phase and California memes. They were so awesome from 84 -91.

>Kiedis is a million times better than Durst. He is quite decent.
"Thankfully, Keidis isnt as bad as Durst, and RHCP have 2 albums that I consider listenable"

>comparing RHCP to Limp Bizkit
Yikes. First of all, none of the members of Limp Bizkit are as talented as those from RHCP. Second, Limp Bizkit doesn't have ANY classic songs, let alone albums. They're just a shitty band with a semi-decent drummer, that made shit music from the jump. On the other hand RHCP, is a great band, with an amazing drummer, bassist, guitarist, that made some of the most best mainstream music of all time. How exactly do they compare?

Also if you really want to get into lyrics, I challenge you to find any lyrics from RHCP post-Mothers Milk that are worse than anything I can find from Limp Bizkit

wow. Read again, fanboy. I basically said RHCP are better because Keidis is better than Durst. And I actually give a fuck about lyrics, unlike the other poster. But that doesnt change the fact that the talented band is dragged down by the not-so-good frontman. And, uhh I may actually argue that Wes Borland is more talented than Frucante. I can also argue that the drummer of LB is better than Chad what's his face. Still, Limp bizkit is shit, and RHCP is better. That doesnt change the fact that a large majority of rhcp lyrics are garbage. Limp Bizkit doesnt have any good albums, while rhcp have 2 decent ones.

>Also if you really want to get into lyrics, I challenge you to find any lyrics from RHCP post-Mothers Milk that are worse than anything I can find from Limp Bizkit
I can end up being on here for hours if I did that.
>all the lyrics to "by the way"
>can I pet your wolverine?
>all around the world
and that's me not even trying

they both have terrible lyrics

>Wes Borland is more talented than Frucante
This is a joke, right? Please tell me you're joking
My point was that even comparing Limp Bizkit to RHCP is so grossly inaccurate that it's funny

I did it all for the nookie, c’mon,
The nookie, c’mon,
So you can take that cookie,
And stick it up your ass yeah!

Nobody loves me, nobody cares
Nobody loves me, nobody owes me a thing
Nobody loves me, nobody cares
Nobody loves me, maybe I’ll go eat worms

All of Rollin'

if you're gonna quote me, at least quote me correctly
>uhh I may actually argue that Wes Borland is more talented than Frucante
that means that I could argue that Borland is more talented, I didnt say straight up that he IS more talented. But I think you're underrating Borland. And Fuck yeah Limp Bizkit has awful lyrics. Worse than rhcp, but that doesnt mean that Keidis can get as bad as Durst. I can recite Limp Bizkit lyrics even worse that the ones you stated

>I may actually argue that Wes Borland is more talented than Frucante
I'd LOVE to hear that argument

do you think wes borland is shit? I think you're underestimating him because of the band he played in. You're clearly a rhcp fanboy. I'd rather argue with a non biased person. I like both guitarists. I'm not saying Borland is better, I'm just defending him and saying that they arent that far apart talent wise.

Sad that plebs not only skip over 80s RHCP, they think the Limp Bizkit guitarist is better than the guy who made Niandra Lades. Embarrassing.

>You're clearly a rhcp fanboy
Because I defended them from Sup Forums's usual, and unfair dismissal? I'm not a fanboy just because I think they have merit
>I think you're underestimating him because of the band he played in
Nope. Just that John Frusciante is objectively one of the greatest guitarists of all time, and I don't hear too many people praising Wes Borland outside of niche guitar circles. I never said you wouldn't be able to prove Wes Borland is better, just that I can't imagine how you'd even start

(You) really want someone to ask what those two albums are don't you

I don't think Wes Borland is better than John Frusciante...

Also calling someone a pleb for not liking their 80s is stupid. John Frusciante + Chad Smith = RHCP. I have no interest in any form of the band without them

Because they have the worst lyrics ever and only appeal to dunderheads who drink cheap beer and slip rufies in womens drinks. The only thing that singer did that was worth note is get his ass kicked by Keanu/Gary Busey in Point Break.

what are some examples of their "terrible" lyrics?

already stated that it's Californication, and By the way. Couldnt care less about their 80's funk stuff. Not my style

They honestly have some great deep cuts. Some of their best songs actually. People hate them for their radio hits I suppose.

>not including sir psycho sexy in the good songs on bssm

(You)

I can't stand Anthony's voice, but the rest of the
band it's good
For real, Frusciante is an amazing guitarrist, and flea writes some sweet basslines.
Just listen to this shit wihout Anthony
youtube.com/watch?v=wjA2f7Pukws

Kek

are they good musicians?
>yes

are Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Californication good albums?
>absolutely

Is it worth worth listening to their other stuff?
>maybe the earlier stuff

Is it worth revisiting after listening for a couple of months?
>no

I dont actively dislike them but for me they are like vanilla ice, you know, you appreciate it for what it is and you are happy whenever you happen to have some but in the end its kinda bland and gets repetitive

This answer is a meme

>most of their members are the best modern players at their respective instruments

songmeanings.com/songs/view/1372/

see first comment

are the lyrics really that bad?

Chad Smith -- Drums
John Frusciante -- Guitar
Flea -- Bass

Are they not some of the best at their respective instruments? I don't play bass, so maybe I'm overestimating Flea, but John is certainly one of the best modern guitarists, and Chad is definitely a top 5 modern rock drummer

O V E R R A T E D

N O T A M U S I C I A N

Just like everyone else that hates them, Sup Forums hates them because of Kiedis. A Hendrix-style trio of Frusciante/Flea/Smith would have saved rock.

they're all really good, minus Keidis. Doesnt mean that they arent overrated. You clearly love sucking the red hot chili pecker

Overrated radio tier mucisians

I agree with this, still like them.

I'm a drummer, so I view all music through that bias. Chad Smith is the best mainstream drummer of the past 30 years, and on e of the best of all time. This is a fact. Nothing to do with fanboying RHCP, none of their music makes into my top 10 or top 20, but Chad Smith deserves all the credit he gets. I'm sure many guitarists would say the same about Frusciante

youtube.com/watch?v=9jRU6dp-G0E

I like them but feel like Frusciante and Flea don't work that well together. I honestly think they might have been better with different bassist.

Thats boring as fuck

>Chad is definitely a top 5 modern rock drummer

Based on what?

>bro he can keep a beat so good

Creativity, pocket, taste, the way he carries the band, his influence, etc.

Name a better mainstream drummer

There are literally like 4 mainstream drummers, who gives a shit if he's the best?

Post literally any RHCP song that proves her a "top 5 modern rock drummer." A song, not a snooze inducing wankathon jam sesh that proves he's one tenth as good as any fusion drummer.

youtube.com/watch?v=kU-lHs6QVrc

Keidis is a fuckhead

>le good guitarist

They don't even have that going for them anymore. But tbf Chad Smith and Flea make for a pretty boss rhythm section.

>John Frusciante is objectively one of the greatest guitarists of all time

He's not though. He's a better songwriter than a guitarist. He was pretty great in the late 80s and early 90s on the guitar but after he descended into heroin addiction and resurfaced in the late 90s he hasn't been the same since. At his best he just does basic pentatonic bl00z or basic funk licks and tries his best to copy Hendrix's tone. Also, his solo albums very rarely focus on his guitar skills and are more about the songs themselves. The only major exception I can think of is Before the Beginning and that's just a Maggot Brain rip-off.

Band is crap. And why do people like the guitar guy? He sounds like a Walmart brand Jimi Hendrix.

I didn't know it was possible to be this much of a faggot.

fuck them for what kiedis did to mr bungle

rhcp fucking sucks, if thinking so makes me a faggot then so be it

>people who disagree with me are GAY

You have to be 18 or older to post here

>You have to be 18 or older to post here

He says as he continues to unironically post in a thread about RHCP

I said of the past 30 years which includes everyone from the 90s my dude. Not everything needs to be a circle jerk of technicality. Sometimes subtlety, consistency, and taste are important

If you want to hear a song where he carries the band more noticeably than usual, check out Animal Bar. All of the momentum comes from him. All of his beats are practically melodies in the songs their so important. Find another drummer that can do this on every song. Suck My Kiss and Give It Away are some of the most famous beat of all time. Pure chops can be found more in his solo work

best guitar player rock has put forth in the last 30 years imo. lyrics can be dumb and they have a lot of terrible music but the funk-rock guitar and bass combined with chad's drums is what it's all about.

>Suck My Kiss and Give It Away are some of the most famous beat of all time.
Just stop

t. non-drummer

Regardless of your "patrician taste", they are objectively two of the most famous drum beats of all time

Tru. Anthony is a pretty mediocre singer but he makes up for it by being one for the most iconic front men of all time.

>one for the most iconic front men of all time.
>mick jagger
>steven tyler
>david lee roth
>robert plant
>axl rose
>ronnie james dio
>anthony kiedis

yeah, definitely

He has more charisma than the the autistic nerds that front a lot of other bands and he get's the crowd pumped

I can understand hating RHCP but Frusciante is objectively a great guitarist. Who else is better in the last 30 years? Maybe Derek Trucks or Bonamassa or some technical metal guitarist but they don't have the same magic or songwriting.

RHCP is more about four guys pretending that they are all crazy and weird like idiots and, for that reason, they make music to accompany that performance. It's very plastic.

>chad smith is the best mainstream drummer of the past 30 years.
this blatant fanboying oh my god. fuck off.
their music is objectively ass starting with bssm and it's not a surprise people hate on them.

Different taste friendo. Jimmy Chamberlain is great (top 5 modern drummer) but I lean much more towards funk and pocket drummers. Jimmy Chamberlain is technically very talented, but he plays a little loose for me

youtube.com/watch?v=XnZo7b2Fx80

lul double bass.

>no pocket
>sloppy single strokes on the snare right off the bat
>just fast RLFF RLFF RLFF RLFF around the kit
>hitting a bunch of cymbals randomly
>starts rushing as soon as he goes into a beat
>sloppy blast beat
>the end
Blew my mind dude

Joey is the best drummer in the last 60 years, objectively speaking.

This is objectively shitty bait. Joey Jordison is a meme drummer

It was that obvious?

Christ you are so 14 it hurts

They were was fun in the ealybdays. They dull now. Hang like sleeve of wizard

Literally went to Berklee for drumming performance my dude. You are most certainly not a drummer

I go to Berklee for drumming performance my dude. You are most certainly not a drummer

>people that critique instrumentalists when they themselves don't know how to play an instrument

top fucking jej

>they themselves don't know how to play an instrument
Been playing drums for 12 years big boy

Based Nick

Uplift Mofo Party Plan is GOAT.
Everything else is hit or miss.
I don't hate 'em, but they're not a favorite of mine either.