The National just released studio version of Carin at the Liquor Store

The National just released studio version of Carin at the Liquor Store

youtube.com/watch?v=eEe_yCVLQSc

Who hyped for indie AOTY?

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/arts/music_box/2013/05/the_national_s_trouble_will_find_me_reviewed_too_many_crescendos.single.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

slate.com/articles/arts/music_box/2013/05/the_national_s_trouble_will_find_me_reviewed_too_many_crescendos.single.html

Read this over and over until it registers, National fans.

>Whatever the cause, I have been a cheerleader for this shift to “poptimism.” I’ve even written a whole book about why it matters not to be contemptuous of, say, Celine Dion.

Dropped

SO FUCKING BORING

It's ok.

I prefer Guilty Party so far though.

Does anyone have copies of the Live Versions they pulled off of youtube a month ago before they were taken down?

Quite the shit read but at least good for a chuckle. Thanks.

What a crock of shit.

>indie
>aoty

nice try

What genre is it supposed to belong to? Hip-hop? lol

It's definitely new wave, old hat, electro-retro swing. For sure. No doubt about it.

fuck no, rap and rock are dead, the only thing i listen to nowadays is drone

>the only thing i listen to nowadays is drone
lmao what a poser, do you always dress in black?

>People shouldn't be allowed to like music other people don't like

This is why Sup Forums is a shit board.

>So maybe I hate this goddamn band because I hate my goddamn self, and I should get some goddamn therapy instead of taking it out on the goddamn National.
At least he arrived at a sensible conclusion

The National is the most boring band on the planet and one of the few bands that actually deserves to be called overrated. Now the cherry on top of the shit cake is that they have the audacity to make a "fuck drumpf" album, one of the most boring topics to make an album about ever.

The National ripping off Coldplay now huh?

What is political about their new album?

John Cheever
"Art is the triumph over chaos"
Given The National's political disposition it's a dig at Trump. I'm vaguely pro/indifferent to Trump and I enjoy The National, I just ignore bands political references. Artists almost all tend to the left anyway. It goes with the territory.

Literally nothing about the album has a political reference so far.

Matt's a libtard, yeah, but after Sonny Smith put "White Cops on Trial" on the most recent Sonny and the Sunsets album it sold like complete shit. The band's not stupid enough to make it political.

Of course, the qhole thing hasn't been leaked yet, so I may be proven wrong. We'll see. But it's retarded to say it is right now.

this is beautiful

you can fuck my bitch, based matt

Apart from literally something. Is it so hard to google John Cheever? Come on dude, use your itty bitty hands.

This guy has a point. I remember listening to Trouble will find me in 2013. My impression was that it was a terribly boring, uninspired album. I just listened to it again, and well, I still find it boring. Most songs start pretty slow, and slightly rise in intensity toward the end, with the string synths volume getting higher, and the drums getting more intense. The songs don't really rise that much though, it stays pretty samey thanks to the singer's delivery and the structure of the songs. Not hating, I guess it's just not for me.

Ironically, that moment on Sea of Love that the article dismisses as artificial is one of my highlights on the album. Also he seems to like the lyrics, but I haven't really paid attention to them.

this guy admits in the article he's to impatient to enjoy both the national and radiohead. sounds to me he's just an ultrapleb is he doesn't even have the cognitive capacity to listen to these entrylevel bands. i mean he even namedrops springsteen and arcade fire to further prove my point