If you believe there are more then 2 Genders, you need medical help

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's only 1 gender and it's our skeleton

What about people who are intersex?

What is that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

By definition there are as many genders as you feel like saying, it's a social construct. If you are talking about 2 sexes then you are more correct. However medically speaking there are hundreds of genders. Every cross that's different then the strict standard mix of xx and xy is a different sex, every chromosomal anomaly, xxy, xyy, and everything are by definition different sexes and every combination. Also there are people who are technically not male or female sexually, they are intersex and there's other things more common then you might think. Many people are born with ambiguous genitals actually, more then you might think and they are corrected at birth and some are raised without ever knowing that genetically they aren't the sex that they think they are.

If you believe that thing is attractive, you need an eye exam.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIIIIKE

I didn't say stop. I said you're wrong.

Than*

Saying "more than you might think" doesn't change the fact that they're exceptions though.
What I don't understand is, if sex and gender are tightly linked (they have been shown to be RIDICULOUSLY tightly linked) except for a small percentage of people, then do those genders count as "real" or are they simply psychological problems?

the occurance of these conditions vary from 1 in 1000 to 1in 100000 births. By how the movement acts, feels like its 1 in 10

basically in most cases its a mental disorder not a physical or biological disorder

Theres actually 3, if you want to get scientific. Theres male, female and Sloth from Ice Age.

if you believe this isnt bait, you need help

It's still worth discussing. I'm interested in Sup Forums's opinion

Not genders, sexes. Biological sexes, any variation of non xx and xy is a different sex. It's not uncommon, intersex is fairly rare but yeah. Biologically speaking there are many more sexes then you might think, one of the proposed reasons why people are having so much trouble conceiving in the past few decades is that previously without medications those genetics wouldn't normally have mixed and now we're on the 3rd generation possibly of people taking drugs to aid conception. Also a highly respected theory of the rise of autism.

First, what the fuck are those caterpillars on her face?

Second, hermaphrodites bitch. 'spain dat!

if you can call genetic mutations sexes? sure... but medically and scientifically peaking these are still minor mutations that occur so rarely they shouldnt be idolized like they are now.

intersex has nothing to do with transexuals... it's someone who is literally not male or female.... and yes 1 in 1000 is possible, of parents who allow the doctor to relay that data. There's a lot more intersex people then people realize and many of them don't know it. Also many people are born with funky genitals that the parents decide basically what to fix them as. Some causes of micropenises and hormonal issues are caused by this... doctors don't like to reveal to the patient however unless completely necessary that their genetics are fucked up because it can do serious damage to a persons psyche

Man here we are people still discussing this stuff while we should have envolved over it a long time ago. Just as the concept of parents and the concept of owning your partner this stuff shouldnt be relevant anymore. We should just reproduce for the glory of humanity and feel as a unit instead of dividing ourselves. Really we should have choosen an different animal...

I don't give a fuck really...
Say your 1/16 male, 12/16 female and 3/16 duck...
If you look like a dude I will say sir and if you like like a female I will say maam. If you look like a dude making an attempt to be a female my response is based off of my reaction to you. If you are a dick or in my face about it I'll call you the opposite of what you would like. If your cool sir/maam/duck wtf ever you'd like honey.

This does not mean you get special treatment just equal as everyone else. Medical shit is special.

>inb4 your Hitler

actually they are incredibly common, please do some research before forming opinions that will eventually embarrass you

Yeah, I know about Kleinfelter's syndrome and Turner's and stuff. But when you say more common "than you might think" what are the stats for it? Any deviation from the norm is probably "more common than you might think."
But I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about gender. You said by definition it is a social construct, but if sex and gender are tightly linked, then it's not a social construct. You can define it as a social construct, but the connection between gender and sex is considered pretty established, from what I know.

Same goes for people who believe in any god

>If you believe there are more then 2 Genders, you need medical help

If you care about this at all, you need mental help.

What if you believe there are no genders?

For once, OP is not a faggot

Just because something is rare doesn't mean it's a disorder or even wrong. Albinism is very rare, but we don't try to kill people who have it, or even treat them, except as we have to for palliative purposes.

Honestly... who cares ? If they aren't affecting you why the hell would you care ? Also gender and sex aren't the same thing. That's not a new thought either gender and sex have always had separate definitions and before the last century actually a lot of people were accepted for being basically transexual. Crossdressing was seen as weird but not anything to get up in arms about and people ignored them because people minded their own business. In half the world it wasn't even seen as unusual it was normal for people and most just weren't interested in sex and instead wanted to be left alone. Since arranged marriages and gay behavior was considered abnormal people would make themselves unavailable for their family to question them about getting married or having kids. And for homosexuals they could pretend to be female by clothing and then it was accepted for them and another male to have sex with each other because people no longer thought of them as a male. The major reason in many areas though was to hide from being labeled as a homosexual sort of like how in Europe gay people could always join the priesthood or become a nun ...

I spoke to a MD about that.
He say's the media has no idea what its talking about, most of them have a dominant gender.
There's very few 50% m 50% fm.

There are indeed only two genders. There are also multiple fractional combinations of said genders that coalesce into different expression paradigms. Some of the extreme edge combinations can even bear little to no resemblance to either of the seed genders, the Guevadoces are a great example. So while it is accurate to state that there are only two biosexual genders, they are not mutually exclusive and can express fractionally in ratios of varying expression.

She is hot as fuck

Oppressed trans people care about this stuff. By your logic

oh wait

>If they aren't affecting you why the hell would you care
This. Minding your own business is sorely underrated these days.

They are closely linked but not the same, at all. And yes Kleinfelters and such is rare but if someone way back had children, a lot of those descendants exhibit chromosomal anomalies that aren't necessarily going to show signs but they have anomalies among the amount of chromosomes and shit and are by definition a different sex. Start by learning about sexual reproduction and basic genetics and you'd be surprised. Fuck if you want to get thrown a loop with genetics learn about fungi. Honestly why would you care though ? Are you insecure in some way ?

i wouldnt call 1 in a 1000 to 1 in a 100000 common. Also the 1 in 1000 chance has almost no noticable differences.

That is a birth defect not a new gender

yeah but i'm not saying they're the same. I'm saying you can't define gender as a social construct if its THAT tightly linked to biological sex. In other words, you can't just make up your own gender because you feel like it.

My nigga. People really need to learn to mind their own business. If the people aren't hurting you then just shut up ya know ? A lot of the SJW shit storm was a response to people not minding their own business and talking shit about homosexuality and what not. And the only reason they protest is because there's an audience and people to complain back at them. Most transexual people and people who don't identify as male or female you'll never hear a peep from because most want to be left alone and not draw attention to shit. They just want to live their lives and not be bothered with stupid bullshit.

have you seen how many idiots wrongly self diagnose themselves with all kinds of diseases? the same shit is happening with sexes.... aslong as they wont force their shit on others i would be fine, but this hasnt been true for some time now

Totally agree.

Uhhh yeah you can define it as a social construct because it's the literal definition. You're looking at it from a perspective as a 21st century westerner. If it were two hundred years ago you wouldn't think the same way, or if you moved certain places it would be different. Biology would be the same but the social aspect would be different.

Nah bullshit. You can't help but get caught up in the crossfire of this just by minding your own business. They're passing laws that require that people be held accountable for referring to individuals by the incorrect gender pronoun. You can get fired for doing it without realizing it. So it's literally everybody's business at this point.

Even people's skeletons are sexually dimorphic

I would agree with you if it weren't for the people using transgender people as a crutch for their own pet ideology. Most of the "gender is a social construct" crowd are happy to do so because it helps them control speech.

I would love to mind my own business and not care, but we have national discussions about what bathrooms .02% of the population should go in, when it should just be a non-issue.

you think we can? Public gay and LGBT parades, angry trannys calling harrasment if you dont use their pronouns, constant media coverage....

its bloody impossible to ignore that shit let alone try to protect your kids from that bad influence. How the fuck can they decide what "gender" they want to be until they are old enough to understand what the F is going on.
(PS. they are already forcing this upon children in preschools)

Agreed

People cry out more about this sort of shit then about actual problems and travesties in the world around them. Why not instead of bitching about something that isn't an issue bring up topics that cause actual problems or go help fucking flood victims. If you are this focused on trying to convince people that there are two genders and get up in arms about it maybe you should question some things yourself like why are you so insecure about it ?

You literally just said that sex and gender are tightly linked. What that means, which you must know, is that people born male identify as male and express themselves as such. That right there is literally encapsulating gender AND gender expression.
I'm sure if I lived 200 hundred years ago there would be a lot of scientific shit I wouldn't know, but that doesn't change this link. I'm not saying people can't CHOOSE TO IDENTIFY as something else. But sex and gender are linked so closely it's pretty much the same thing.
And I'm also not saying it's the final word. But claiming it's a social construct is not entirely accurate.

Pretty sure thats more often than many other well known conditions such as Cystic Fibrosis etc. Dont see many "intersex" fundraisers and foundations though.

>angry 16 year old talking about protecting kids

Oh I am laffin'

Do you not get that the point was that MOST aren't like that ? It's extremely rare, most transexual people don't want to be in the spotlight whatsoever, they've been in it their whole lives for being different. Most christians aren't bible bashing crazy westboro type people, it's the same comparison.

I really think the size of the people saying we need to use the 700 pronouns is much smaller than whats being said so I think we should be able to just ignore them and they'll just go away.

And I totally agree preschool shouldn't talk about this shit but my understanding is its a lot of the more leftist areas that have these things. I don't think it's everywhere and since we are sort of a free market we can chose other places.

Top fucking zozzle

i am every time feared by her eyebrows.

im 30, think where you are before you write

Gender != Sex

Sex is either male or female, gender is whatever you want.

Liberals are so fucking dumb

>Tries to sound smart but doesn't know the difference between "than" and "then". Mental disability confirmed.

there is only one gender. MALE. Everything else is a physical and mental disability

The doctor you are taking this definition from is a child molester. Good job on keeping the work of Dr. John Money alive

>Sex and gender 'tightly linked'

Precisely because society rears its children according to find notions of gender identity - men are masculine, women are feminine, etc. But these associations have changed constantly through time and from region to region. The 'essence' of what constitutes legitimate male and female behaviours/appearance/practices have perpetually shifted.

You were called Chad at birth, put into a blue grow, encouraged to climb trees, given you guns to play with. Welcome to masculinity.

TL;DNR the strong connections between sex and conventional notions of gender are socially determined not 'natural'.

I lol'd

The doctor you are taking this definition from is a child molester. Good job on keeping the work of Dr. John Money alive

It's mostly the media trying to blow it all out of proportion then black people start rioting and self-righteous idiots start trying to take up some cause like they're heroes saving the downtrodden

Ugh, UGH!!! I'll have you know that I'm a demitransquazinonbinaryfoxsheepwolfkincisbipnwhitemalevegan, and I am TRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGEEEEEEEERRRRRREEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, that's just feces.

Well people without any purpose or any skills will cling on to something they thing might get them a purpose or better... laid.

No, this is now a demitransquazinonbinaryfoxsheepwolfkincisbipnwhitemalevegan thread!!

>having either a dick or cunt, or a malformed dick and malformed cunt is a social construct
You need professional psychiatric help.

Ok. Males, females and weirdos.

always sad when people forget hermaphrodites are a legitimate gender

No, it's a bfdi thread now.

there is only one gender, women are property

There's a really small percentage of people that have hormone problems and birth defects that cause the whole transgender or gay thing. The rest of them are just crazy retards trying to find some insane way to make their lives unique or special or something like that because their dad spanked them. The latter needs mental help, the former needs physical therapy and possibly surgeries. There's nothing wrong with having problems, really, everyone has them. But it's not a good thing to do nothing about your problem and just try to go through life like that unless there's nothing you can do. People in wheelchairs for example should be empowered for their struggle instead of mentally ill people that can go out and get treatment but choose not to.

and like 0.1% of the world population lol

This thread is amazing. Technically speaking if one recognizes that gender is an artificial construct (not sex obviously being that it is scientifically quantifiable and proven) then one hypothetically cold deviate from this norm recognizing that the possibility exists. The introduction of the thought could be what has started this colossal shit storm due to feminist idealism and the systematic demonization of scientific progress.

How about just letting people believe whatever the fuck they feel like as long as they don't go shooting up schools like all your normie peers do.

hey fuck you man
my gf was born male and I respect her identity. I dont understand why you gotta hate on LGBT. Pic attached, she is girl inside and out

Agreed. It's female, and that's about all it has going for it.

If you believe a magic man in the sky loves you and grants you wishes in a cloud kingdom after death (assuming you follow a laundry list of rules written thousands of years ago)...

You need help