When and why did Emo/Screamo become the laughing stalk of hardcore music

When and why did Emo/Screamo become the laughing stalk of hardcore music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k88clAcMa14
discogs.com/Orchid-Dance-Tonight-Revolution-Tomorrow-Chaos-Is-Me/master/815075
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HArdcore music is already the laughing stock of music. Why dig deeper to find the shit of shit?

Once emo started getting further from its hardcore roots and closer to its indie rock roots, the genre got boring as fuck.

When screamo toned down the chaos and starting sounding more like post-hardcore, the interesting dynamics of the genre got lost as well.

Since its conception. Rap is even worse, though.

Almost immediately upon its inception. It just wasn't meant to last.

youtube.com/watch?v=k88clAcMa14

orchid is the best hardcore punk band to ever exist though

all indie rock recorded after 1997 is inferior to indie rock recorded prior to 1997
prove me wrong (hint: you can't)

This

Damn I thought they were some sort of metal. I still love Minor Threat tho

When? it was founded
Why? it's called Emo/Screamo

when the dudes started being total knobs about it. it was just a fad among urban youth mid 2000's and when these bands went more indie, so did the youth and then hipsters were born. It's all bullshit

when a bunch of popular metalcore acts started being branded by mtv and kids that didn't know anything as emo/screamo and it became weird to like any of that stuff

i really wish that Chaos Is Me had a CD release

wow i never knew that. at least you can buy it digitally i guess.

what the fuck

Honestly the emo genre doesnt exist

you can't snort drugs off a digital album

when i used to go to shows I always hated those christian bands that would spew their nonsensical god fearing sermons and preach straight edge.

iduno about you guys, but i just wanna hear fast music and get wasted

*blocks you are path*
discogs.com/Orchid-Dance-Tonight-Revolution-Tomorrow-Chaos-Is-Me/master/815075

This

>discogs.com/Orchid-Dance-Tonight-Revolution-Tomorrow-Chaos-Is-Me/master/815075
they ruined it with shitty album art

It became a laughing stock when it got co-opted by pop punk and metalcore bands in the mid 00s. I thought everyone knew that. Dumb question.

People confuse melodic metalcore with screamo and that certainly didn't help its image.
I went to school with a guy who would refer to Asking Alexandria as screamo.

isn't there a reason this happened? i think many people (including me) enjoy both "emo" and pop-punk

i think its cause emo-pop started to become a thing, like the get up kids, but bands that were worse, until it got to the point where the diluted emopop bands and the diluted pop punk bands got associated together and the rest is history