Players that are holding their national team back

I'll start with THE obvious one

Stick to rugby, or at least stop pretending to understand football

I'll give you a clue

his name rhymes with rayne wooney

>couldn't score any goals in WC knockouts
>not holding them back

And yet you Argentines are always hating on Messi whenever he plays for Argentina.

Without him we wouldn't even qualify for said competition

Anti-Messi Argentines are a really small minority

When Messi wanted to leave all the subways in Buenos Aires had a sign saying "Volvé Leo", we know we are shit without him

>When Messi wanted to leave
>wanted

he actually announced he quit after losing the second final to Chile in two years (a federation that had zero trophies before that)

>he even bottled it for the Sup Forums team in the Winter Cup

He didn't miss a single game, technically never left

How many games did Messi play/not play?

This x10

>My little sawker shills want us to believe they are our 2 best players.

damn, 2 in 1.
>tfw still believe bradlel can play well if played as deep lying midfielder
>tfw still believe altishit is still exceptionally good scorer for US if nothing else
make it stop

Replace these two with some Germanmerican like Green or Boyd and a proper DM like Perry Kitchen and we wouldnt miss these shitters.

This.

The only faggots who defend them are the """""American outlaws""""" which also need to be purged for a more ultra fan base.

You faggots talk like you had thousands of good players

These 2 are the only half decent experienced players you have

t. hasnt watched either player at all in their last few games

No and no. We have an average talent pool with a few good players (Pulisic, Wood, Brooks, Yedlin, Howard) and mediocre to average players (mls). Altidore and Bradley were never good performers for our national team. They are literally Higuain-tier and they play in a mediocre league on top of that.

Didn't play in 7/12 in current cycle and 4/16 in 2014 qualifyers iirc. The 2014 and 2018 qualifying tables really put things in perspective and dismantle your OP insinuation. :^)

american outlaws are pure cancer there is no saving that it needs to be completely destroyed

>Dosy "Cramp up and chimp out when it matters" Altishit

>Michael "Turn over the ball and literall cant score if my life depended on it" Badley

>half decent

Thank you for the laugh Arturo Bellini.

Doesn't prove anything desu

this is not true
most pepole opened their eyes years ago, hes shit and will never be a leader

I fucking hate those two.

>Jozy "Only score against CONCACAF minnows" Altidore and Michael "Fuck Trump and fuck white people" Bradley

based kiwi deploying the truth

You forgot your picture of a Chinese animated girl, Halal weeb-kun

Name 1 (one) serious journalist that doesn't like Messi

Some loser from his sofa talking shit about Messi because he's upset with his own life doesn't count

>gets rekt by hard facts
>"d-doesn't prove anything"

meh

I hate Bradley

Why do you blame Messi? Why dont you ever hold Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria etc. to the same standards?

Even Maradonna had someone to score in a final. Why does Messi have to heroball and bail out Argentina? If Argentina needs Messi heroball, doesnt that make them incompetent?

jsut how many Pablo escobars are there

Aguero, Higuain and Di Maria are Messi's BFF, that's why they are still playing.

Who the fuck is there to replace those three? Dybala? Icardi?

Aguero has regularly featured in the top 5 top scorer in the premiership for multiple seasons. Higuain just broke the Serie a record last season. Di Maria is a world class winger at his peak like he is right now with PSG.

Since the OP shat the bed, let me add some other Argentinian that actually fits the topic theme:

>Sergio Aguero
>0 goals in two World Cups

>

Stop lying and go back to Sup Forums, you know shit about sports

The only ones getting called because of Messi are Biglia, Lavezzi and Agüero. He has no relation with di María or Higuaín, they play because they are the best Argentine players in that position, and any objective manager would still call them

Dybala and Icardi are objectively worse than Higuaín, there is no need to replace him

>Sleeve tattoos

What a fucking degenerate

Leave saving Argentina to me

If they win their next 4 their record will be practically the same, and guess who'll miss those next 4 because he's not a real leader

>serious journalist

Lol

My wife's son: the player

>a few good players (Pulisic, Wood, Brooks, Yedlin, Howard)

Literally zero of those players are "good".

The Amerieats delusion is unreal

they are though

Pulisic is one of the best U-20 prospects

>this flag
>this topic
I bet you rate players like Kane or Drinkwater

Wood scores solo goals for a shit team like Hamburg

Pulisic is Dortmund's second best young talent after Dembele

Brooks is one of the best defenders in the Bundesliga outside of Bayern

Yedlin is literally the best RB in the championship

Howard was a great gk for some 10 years with Everton and is still reliable.

we know you told us already

If someone like Rashford or Sterling had a good performance against Real Madrid like Pulisic did in the CL you would all be calling them world class.

>If they win their next 4 their record will be practically the same
Sure, if he plays they stand a chance at it. Without him: 5 goals in 7 games.

>and guess who'll miss those next 4 because he's not a real leader
Not Messi. He already returned when they were in deep shit.

M8, you know you shat the bed. Sincerely speaking (not that I expect it on Sup Forums, would you still say he holds them down? :^)

they aren't though.

how many would get into the Barca, Real, Bayern, Chelsea, Juventus, PSG etc squads?

Literally zero. Ergo they aren't good.

Potential doesn't equal ability. Pulisic MIGHT be good, but he isn't yet.

i'm not English, clown. back in your box.
>Wood scores solo goals for a shit team like Hamburg
And? Don't care.

>Pulisic is Dortmund's second best young talent after Dembele
There's that American delusion again.

>Brooks is one of the best defenders in the Bundesliga outside of Bayern
Yeah he's that good he plays for literally who and Germany didn't want him.

>Yedlin is literally the best RB in the championship
WOW THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!???!!??!?! Ok i was wrong, he's world class. what a good player

>Howard was a great gk for some 10 years with Everton and is still reliable.
He's shit and always been shit. He's a shit error-strewn mess of a goalkeeper and has been for all his career. The joe hart of america

>this is the career of someone the Americans think is a "good" player

i'm literally LMAOing @ ur life

Green was in bayern already

pulisic is in the front tier bungles league

PART-TIME DENTISTS

>2 goal, 2 assist since September

MUH WORLD CLASS TALENT

Back in your box, champ.

so is he in the front line of bungles or not?

>3.5 mil a year to make Kane take corners

Scotland is a social construct

>doesn't start games
>isn't a first pick
>doesn't contribute goals and assists
>all for a shit also-ran team

no, he isn't by any definition of those words

real life isnt like fifa bud

caring about "journalism"
they say what their bosses order to say kid

pastore
dyvala---alario---icardi

problem solved

cant wait until this hormone dictatorship ends once it for all

I wasnt aware you had to start every game to be considered on the team, here I thought being on the roster and playing during the game was the requirement

you thought wrong. apology accepted. Now Fuck of
...................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(

>of

>pastore
>alario
>icardi

The state of argentina...

we'll be the new Repechajes FC once Messi retires, can't wait

>playing for lower divisions is bad

>Vardy a championship striker and one of Englands best 9s in recent years destroyed the EPLel last season

Literally destroying your own argument. Wood is doing well for a shit relegation team like Hamburg.

>icardi
is icardi not elite? ok maybe not elite but a tier above pastore and alario, and comparable to dybala

This is clear bait, but it's hilarious how Argentina were in danger of not qualifying for the world cup till Messi came back and bailed them out in his first match back.

Can I say England's entire national team?

the country of England

Someone post the Webm where Belgium passes the ball around Bradlel who is just jogging and not giving a fuck

Argentina have three consecutive national competition finals including a world cup

>without Messi
1-1 versus Brazil
>with Messi
0-3 versus Brazil

See Then back to the cricket thread.

He's not wrong

As in Hearts' Perry Kitchen? I mean he's doing fine there but you're not going to win anything playing fucking SPFL players

Yeah, because real leaders enter to play injuried right?? stop pretending you are retarded pls

Local
Away

Thats way stats exist moron, cause there are always isolated non representative cases

He is

or are you telling me this is somehow Messi's fault? Boludo.

Not until he leaves Inter for a bigger club and does well.

Dude seriously needs CL football, and I doubt he'll get it at Inter.

Buckfast is the glue

>LOOK MOM I DID IT AGAIN!! XD: The thread

He's actually scored some important goals.

Witsel is the one who shouldn't be called up again, and probably never will. Slow as fuck.

he's not supposed to be there
he's not a fucking cb
what hell is he doing there?

GET THE FUCK OUT

tho he barely touched the ball against us

tite's fault I suppose

what's your problem with shane fooley

Leave Argentina to me

Icardi = Suárez
Alario > Cavani
Pastore >>>> Vecino/Betancur

the problem is that Messi wants the ball, he wants to be the One, and everything needs to be like he wants it. He wanted to be that leading player, but with this missed PK in 2016 v. Chile he proved the world that in the big moments, he hasn't all his head and was weak under pressure.

In fact, to me, every pro player must clean shot a PK. If the GK stops it, it is another problem, but at this moment, at 11 fucking meters, you have to shoot it on target.

To be better than Maradona, to be the GOAT, he needs to leave his comfort zone and quit Barcelona first. Then he will become better.

TOP MAN

we tried everything, no regrets about "wasting the GOAT"

We tried making a team that works without him, and putting him on top of it, so he doesn't feel the pressure (Basile). It didn't work.

We tried making a team that plays like Barcelona so he can feel comfortable (Martino, Batista). It didn't work.

We tried making a team that is good at defending and making him the center of our attack, Maradona 1986 style (Sabella). It didn't work.

He chokes against Brazil. Okay, Brazil is a great team. He chokes against Germany. Okay, Germany is a great team. He chokes against Uruguay, okay, they are world champions.

We sacked coaches and players because he didn't like them (Riquelme, Tevez, Basile). We put in coaches and players just because he asked (Martino and his Newell's friends).

He doesn't score in KO games? Maybe he's saving up for the next game. Maybe he's saving up for the final.

Now he had this chance in silverware. He only had to perform against Chile (so you understand how small they are, 3 people died celebrating a Copa America). Many people would have hailed him as the GOAT, even though winning a Copa America of which we have 14 already doesn't mean much.

Not only he doesn't perform, that's okay, another bad day. Not only he doesn't score, it's okay, 11 KO games without scoring, but it's okay, he's still good. Not only he doesn't assist, it's okay, it's your team mates right? They are your friends Messi, you sacked Tevez, you asked for Higuain and Aguero. But okay, we get it, you didn't assist.

On top of all that, he doesn't even run. He just walks the pitch. Fuck him.

>can't believe this wasn't posted before

>yfw argentina wins the wc without messi

all the shitposting about him being goat will be put to bed that day

Youre so autistic it's painful

Its not about winning but picking the best players for our team and I would rather pick a Scottish league player than a mls constant fuck up like Bradley.

/thread