How do we save the dying league known as the NBA?

How do we save the dying league known as the NBA?

Draft more non-black players

We can't for now

Silver, unlike Stern, jewed all the parity between TWO teams like a retard

Didn't last years Warriors cavs finals have the best finals ratings since Jordan. Nba has always been a superstar league win barely parity. The teams with the best regular season record 99% of the time make the finals, it's been like this forever

we don't. it's a terrible sport.

just let it die.

No one wants to watch those boring games on tv

it's not like either of those games matter.

nobody really cares about the NBA until the 4 month long playoff.

maybe reduce the season to 30 or 40 games.

I mean the Pacers-Rockets/Bucks-Cavs wouldn't be interesting so no one wanted to watch them.

cut down on regular season games
we dont need 80 games to know the cavs and warriors are going to steam roll the other shit teams in the playoffs

This is embarrassing. How do you have 300m+ people and yet such small viewership?

AFL games get more viewers.
Americans claim to love sports but I've watched ESPN and literally never seen sport on it.

E!SPN doesn't really talk about sports anymore.

>the best regular season record 99% of the time make the finals, it's been like this forever
2015, not the cavs
2014, not the heat
2013, not the spurs
2012, not the thunder or the heat
2011, not the heat or the mavericks

and so on

It's hard to take a sport seriously when even the (((elite))) players take the first couple months of the regular season off basically.

You forgot to mention that this is below average for the WWE, even in this era. Back in the late 90's RAW was competing with MNF bringing in 5+ ratings. 1 out of 3 Americans were watching wrestling back then.

golf is literally more entertaining to watch than basketball. honestly. golf.

the only thing that rivals basketball for suicide-inducing boredom is soccer.

This is the downside of the Warriors. They have become pretty much the only team alot of casuals watch now.

I know the numbers are probably wrong. But i think last year in games the Warriors were on TNT had a huge bump in ratings over 2015. But all non Warriors games were down something like 10%.

Its kind of like what happened to baseball in the 2000's The Yankees Red Sox got sooo much of the national attention that the other teams got buried and forgotten by casual TV watchers. And the further downside of that was the Yankees Red Sox games were all 5 hours long and thats when the pace of play shit started.

I'd consider getting league pass if it didn't have blackouts. I illegally stream just about every game I watch #badboy

Less timeouts

A 48minute playtime shouldn't take over 2 hours.
Watching nba live is aids, better off recording games and fast forwarding through the breaks that happen every 2 minutes

no timeouts inside two minutes

It shouldn't take 10 minutes to play the end of the fucking game. Even worse when there's a team dow by ten with a minute left and they're still playing like they can win and calling timeouts every five seconds.

>1 program competing against a sport with multiple programs going on multiple stations

Are you retarded? You may as well compare them to movie ticket sales.

The salary cap is on the verge of exploding as they become a digitally distributed league

It's the fouling, not the timeouts