Prove this chart wrong
>protip: you can't

>ITAOTS
>sad
u wot?

How tf is hospice stage 1

Easily level 2 maybe 3

t. first month on Sup Forums

Hospice is shit and is for people who think they are sad. Shoudn't even be there.

>Frigid Stars is sadder than TWB
absolutely not

But tier 1 IS for shit music my reading comprehension-impaired friend

Father John Misty is great when compared to Hospice and that other album made by mantally ill people.

but still very much shit compared to literally anything else on the chart

Stage 1 and 2 aren't depressing at all

Stage 5

stage 6

idk I think it fits in perfectly to the chart

man that's a dope album cover though

kinda lame having more than one rhp and codeine album on there

>tfw stage 0
Feels good man

stage 0 is ironic depression

lel only if you're a hipster

stage 7

get out of Sup Forums

>stage 5

This chart itself is "stage 1"

Emotional expression in music has little to do with depression

>More than 1 album from an artist appears
Also, you missed the obvious loveless insert. Maybe switch for nmh.

I'm a teenager and "depressed", the thread

where the hell is Deathconsciousness

Elabroate.

Hospice should be Stage 4 for the cancer joke.

I like RHP but Codeine is honestly pretty boring. Yeah, it's sad or whatever but it's a drag to listen to it and wanting to end it all shouldn't put you to sleep.

Where is American Football?

I know depressed people, and they listen to all sorts of music, happy or depressing. I know happy people, and they listen to all sorts of music, happy or depressing. So in my experience, there doesn't seem to be a trend, and I'm not aware of any wider study that proves there's a trend.

This seems to make sense intuitively too, because music generally has more to do with one's identity (so necessarily some form of posturing, whether it's true or not), actual musical or aesthetic content, and then finally, relatability, which has to do with one's immediate situation rather than a trend that could be characterized as "depression." For instance, one person might understand that they're introverted and sensitive and whatever, and have a taste for dark dissonant stuff, and feel like shit for the last few weeks, and just love Codeine, but none of that relates to depression. Another person could struggle with depression for years but listen to ABBA because they externalize the depression more, and like uplifting fun music or something.

This also seems true from my own experience, because I'm not depressed, and I generally listen to more "depressing" music than this, Jandek being my favorite artist by far

How is ILYHB sad

stage six gorillion

i've been depressed, badly, in the past. have gotten a lot better in this past year, but i know it's one of those things that'll come back in the future again. /blog
anywho, all to say that in my personal experience this is definitely true.

>Antlers
>ITAOTS
>Slowcore shit
kill yourself with this numale chart

>elliot smith
>syd barrett
>hANL
>susanne sundfor
>joy division

Father John Misty shouldn't even be there. It's like the "look at my quirky depression, that separates me from the dull af 'cool' guys" album

The act of contrasting "real depression" to "poser depression" assumes there actually is something cool and edgy about depression. This chart is like a tier chart, where the better your taste is the more depressed you get to pretend you are. Pathetic. Anyone who calls other people out on how they aren't actually depressed imo is probably a poser/teenager themselves. In actuality, depression isn't a type of person, but a condition. Depressed people can be cool, but depression itself is ugly and makes people act like losers.

Actual stage 5

I think it's more a ranking of the expression of honest sadness which everyone experiences rather than poser depression, not that I believe the chart is accurate. Good sad albums accurately convey the emotion primally and vividly. The best example of this is country blues, artists that weren't playing for monetary gain, rather to express themselves honestly.

I agree with that in a sense (and similarly feel blues is the GOAT sad music), but I don't think it's right to deny other people different ways of understanding or expressing sadness, and it's absolutely wrong to conflate sadness and depression

How the fuck in ITAOTS sad? Gloomy, but not sad