Hey Canada, just wanted to say thanks for gibing us our freedom 72 years ago

Hey Canada, just wanted to say thanks for gibing us our freedom 72 years ago.

No problem bruh. A distant relative of mine marched in last year's parade.

/thread

Japan is still denying their war crimes I see.

Two nukes weren't enough.

what?
I was taught Japan was the ally of USA in ww2 though

No, you're confusing it with WWI

You torture your allies in prison camps?

I can't speak English very well sorry

The Dutch and Canadian flags are the only flags that have ever been flown on top of the Canadian Parliament.

Imagine how much pussy Leo Major would've got if he stayed in the Netherlands after the war.

>Japan was the ally of USA in ww2 though

Then why did your ally nuke couple of your cities?

I think he already got some. I think the Canadians could get all the pussy they wanted, just flaunting some chocolate around.
What a hero though.

>tfw too short to go in the Netherlands and enjoy the popularity my ancestors did.

Just come to the Netherlands

Might this summer actually. Would need to figure out lodging tho.

Just go to a hostel, its dirt cheap and you meet cool people from all over.

Zwolle?

We bred a special leaf tulip for our Canadian friends.

Thank you bro. I'm always amazed about the people who fought the world wars. About the horror they lived through and how most of them managed to come back to regular life and make a functional society and raise another generation even though they were damaged. My grandpa fought in northern africa and then on the western front although he refused to talk about it. My father has a box with his many medals. Grandpa didn't want to keep them, he said. He told my dad that if he ever joined the army, he would disown him. He was a deeply troubled and sensitive man. And he developed an alcohol problem. He still lived a long life with many moments of joy. He made tapestries in his later years and I have one he made for me with my name in colors. I miss him and I hope he found peace up there.

Is Léo Major a legend in the Netherlands? Recently found out about him, crazy no one made a movie about him yet.

>when it's 8pm and you have to deliver a pizza but also remember the dead

No, certainly not as much as he should be. There's a street named after him in Zwolle, but that's about it. Maybe he's celebrated more in Zwolle.

Honestly I'm more surprised that people would be ordering pizza around 8

I usually order around 8, but maybe it's because I'm not white and live in the randstad and not eat at 6 everyday. :')

I don't mean in general, but on remembrance day. I can understand ordering pizza at 8 on any other day (I am a dinner-at-6 fag though)

to some people remembrance day isnt that special i guess desu

jullie zijn beide nederlands (tenminste 1)....praat dan gewoon nederlands.

Ja maar das toch ook niet lief voor de blaadjes die hier komen.

Happened to exchange a couple of war stories with a veteran at Eusebius in Arnhem. It was surprising to hear of the contrast between the German occupation on the Western and Eastern fronts.

Also, he seemed surprised when I told him about the partisan movement in the occupied USSR. Glad he recognized the codeword "Scheveningen" though.

Gelukkige bevrijdingsdag, jongens.

hij kan alleen kanton en engels

wil sambal bij?