Feeling stupid here

>Feeling stupid here
But what holds the water in when it floods????

all the water everywhere

your sins

dead bodies

magnets obviously

The drainage basin, the area within which water flows into the river.

Terrain isn't flat. Hills and valleys. The valleys are filling with water because it's accumulating faster than the ground can absorb it.

Friction

All kinds of natural and manmade features. The ground is already waterlogged and manmade drainage systems are at max capacity, so there's nowhere for the water to go quickly.

Coriolous effect

It gets held in because you touch yourself at night

I know, but what walls are holding it in??? That's what I don't get.

>2017
>still don't know about the world serpent
>mfw

are you fucking retarded OP?
rain water goes to the lowest point it can.
as each successive basin overflows, the next high point is filled, and so on.

gravity is pushing the water down the best it can but the water has to pass through top soil, clay, dirt, bedrock, all that shit.

the well to my house only goes 25ft into the ground because thats where the water level is. my house was built on a hill because the water level is low.

i'm in a land of10,000 lakes that'd probably make your head explode

Geography

I love how you use a picture of freaking Gatineau

Tf? Just drink the water bro LMAO

Gravity.

People are idiots, it's not water. It's vodka.

It's clearly horse cum. Checked

It does. But so all these places that are floodin are just low valleys? Ps I hope someone saved the propane

Paving over your floodplains and wetlands and putting stadiums and stripmalls and tract housing on them because you let developers take over the city planning and development boards, and they reworked all the ordinances to not have to comply with pesky environmental regualtions because regulations limit growth and the government should mind its own business, and that's why you're the 4th fastest growing city in murricaland.

Literally.
That happened, every engineer who was ignored pointed out that this would happen, and then this happened. Don't piss on engineers.

Yes, high elevation areas don't get flooding like low elevation areas. You don't hear of a lot of flooding in Denver.

pubic hair in the P trap

hank hill has it covered

Jesus.

Technically, legally, in this christian nation, it's an "Act of God", implying God chose this, to do to Texas.

Yeah, because everyone that uses the legal term Act of God literally believes god did shit intentionally.

Twat.

I thought the p stood for pubic

They shouldn't have executed all those retards then. Amen.

mmmm taax payer money vs use sound logic..... no fuck you poor people i need money we're building your houses in a swamp

bull shit. what about rivers and streams? implying the water wouldn't just flow away through them.

Exactly. Conspiracy confirmed.

Fuck off Thor >:(

nice ass

water erodes the ground so it creates depressions and those depressions get filled like a pool. Basic chemistry.

*maths

niggers

subtle rises and dips in land. Even if it looks relatively flat, there can be small differences that will make water pool in some areas.

Figures it's niggers

where would the water flow?

its always niggers

Deez nuts stupid ass

more fucking water in the ground and the everywherees

To the ocean! Now who's the stupid one.

somebody's sense of humor has a "made in germany" sticker on it

>But what holds the water in when it floods????

Nerve gas.