Why does the media assume that Irma will make a huge right turn to fuck up Florida...

Why does the media assume that Irma will make a huge right turn to fuck up Florida? It looks like it's on it's way to fuck up Texas some more. Seriously, why does everyone assume it will take a 90 degree turn for Florida? I ask because I live in Miami Beach.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WOnVirSpRi4
youtube.com/watch?v=lFabsRFnWy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because science

Because of the huge fuckin air current that is in The Atlantic. Go back to school faggot.

Hits every island on the way to Florida. Becomes cat 2. Eventually veers east and barely touches coast with outside wall. Same shit as Matthew. Same shit every year and yet same panic every single time.

Because of weather patterns and years of study?

Seriously, have you studied meteorology? No? Then how can you know more about weather patterns than these people doing the forecasting. Yeah, they can get things wrong, but they are far far far far far far more likely to get it right than you could.

Go get gud at weather.

I took one meteorology course in college. I'm no expert, but a 90 degree turn. Last hurricane to hit Miami was Wilma, and it was weak. Before that was Andrew in the 90s. It really seems like media hype.

I hope so. We are over due, but the timing is horrible for me.

Meteorology and satellite imagery. You know, fake news.

The pressure in the Atlantic pushes East. It's heading West. Faggot.

It hasn't happened yet. They are predicting. You know, assumed/fake news. But don't worry, you sounded real clever.

Christians gonna pray the hurricane away.

Theirs a massive low pressure air current to the north of irma. As irma continues on its north west course it will eventually hit that northern low pressure system and move in that direction because thier is less resistance over there. It now just really depends on when it will hit that stream.

Thanks for the info. Gonna research it right now.

models from historical data
nhc.noaa.gov/climo/

This is mostly correct. Hard turn North/East after it smashes up the Caribbean, but it will probably stay pretty strong due to heat (early September is peak season). Anything is possible of course, so plan ahead either way.

>t. Orlandofag

Fake news.

I was invited to stay in Stanford through the storm, but I can't leave till this afternoon. I'd hate to jump in that traffic. Also, I live on the bay. My concern is the water making it over the sea wall. So, maybe I should stay to defend my home. I know it sounds stupid. I can't mop up the ocean, but the not knowing while up North with friends would really suck. Thanks for the info.

Who else here is hoping that Irma, Jose and Katia join up to take out Miami?

>muh Christians
it's like clockwork

Wishful thinking.

well, yeah.

sand niggers are scary

Maybe South Beach, but Miami has a lot of cool stuff. Like my house.

Don't you wanna get out of there?

I have to go to work in the morning. Just for a few hours. Trying to get out of Florida is horrible. All flights are sold out. Driving is jumping in traffic on the few highways that go north. Gas is sold out. I have a full tank, but that would get me to Orlando. I have lots of food, water, candles, a butane hot plate, batteries...etc I'd rather defend my home. Flooding is my big worry.

If you have kids/pets/a shitty house you should probably evac.

Otherwise you should probably stay & fortify the place if possible. Look up local shelters just in case it comes right for us at full strength.

I have a water front home in North Bay Village. I'm going to take anything of value off the floor and hope for the best. I'll be the asshole trying to sweep away the water.

atheists = ultra-cucks confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=WOnVirSpRi4

>North Bay Village
On second thought....maybe you'd better bail. You are basically at Ground-zero if this thing takes a turn for the worst.

Fox news is killing it again...

>using ad revenue to pay the bills
>implying this is somehow wrong

i know, but my options are very limited. Should I abandon home? Should I join the traffic?

It is a bitch trying to get a waterfront room in Key West right now.

It makes me laugh that you guys live in Florida. Ha ha enjoy getting fucked

I'm sure your midwest basement is cozy.

earlier today fox news said that north korea is going to kill mexico, canada, and the us all with 1 hbomb emp attack lmfao

I made a healthy six figure salary the past few years. Condition, I have to live on the beach. Laugh all you want, but I'm sure my life is better than yours. Enjoy your basement.

It is actually. Nothing ever happens where I live. Living by the sea is stupid.

super computers (EU and USA) and college degrees.

also fake news amirite?

Living by crops is boring.

youtube.com/watch?v=lFabsRFnWy0

hell be enjoying his nice cozy basement while you enjoy the local shelter after your home is demolished

mmm salty

r u fucking sorry

Because fear sells. Just like yo mommas sweet sweet loose pussy, its not the tightest but itll get ya there, know what im sayin!?

Gee, it's almost like the large scale wind currents that move storms of this size are very consistent and predictable and have pretty much been the same for all of recorded history. Not to mention this shirt happens all the time. But who knows, maybe you know better than hundreds of trained and experienced meteorologists. The media is definitely lying about the path of the storm just to fuck with you and make sure you leave your home so that hood rat niggers can loot all your shit.

It's good that you're skeptical, never take anything the main stream media says seriously. Except for weather. Weather is so short term that it isn't worth lying about.

storms aren't fucking baseballs you gronk they don't just go where you throw them

>so that hood rat niggers can loot all your shit.
welp I'm convinced

The US government has a giant fan in the ocean that'll push the shit

Well, seeing how there's going to be a cold front heading south west, it's going to choose the path of least resistance. It'll probably go straight through Miami and probably kill every Cuban trying to swim to America and afterwards shoot straight up the east coast and back into the ocean.