/daily/ - edition

Daily.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

horselords.bandcamp.com/album/mixtape-iv
youtube.com/watch?v=nYeKu0chuFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

chrigo and caviarr, last chance to give me a (You) to stay in, otherwise you get (Cut)

Hello everyone, it's good to see you all.

I'd like suggestions for the coming month : )

oh hey

Flanch - s/t
Pregnant - John Raw
clubcouture.xxx - In house 1&2 splash ya back legs inna bath
Yakui - No Title / The Second Evergristle
Ekkehard Ehlers - Plays Robert Johnson

Imposter tuco!
Glad you liked the modest mouse ep . Next rec is :
Animal collective & Vashti Bunyan- prospect hummer
If you've heard that, my backup is
King geedorah - take me to your leader

Max normal- songs from the mall

horselords.bandcamp.com/album/mixtape-iv
I'm not quite sure why I don't like this. You'd expect that building off of a riff would be an easy thing to do with jazz instruments and Battles-esque sound, but this was irritating to listen to. And this is coming from someone who likes Tyondai Braxton's Central Market.

Rrröööaaarrr

well because the riff they used isn't good
eastman a shit

the spoken word in the second track is such a joke

is it a good joke?

no its an irritating joke doing a ferraro captialism shtick

sounds like a good joke

they name drop Gene Wilder, Alexi, T-Mobile, Chipotle, and Nationwide
I'm sure they're reading some kind of transcript generated through some experimental process but it doesn't fit imo

Good-evening /daily/ how are you all holding up? Listened to the following;

>CAN - Ege Bamyasi. Easily my favourite CAN release so far. The noise on this is increased drastically with the sound of water, cars and blaring horns adding to an already dynamic set up.
>CAN - Future Days. Was not as fun as Ege Bamyasi though still great in its own right.
>CAN - Tago Mago. This is a considerably improvement on their previous releases though still wasn't particularly engaging, that being said the advanced use of sampling and exploitation of panning really came through on this.
>
>Xiu Xiu - A Promise. Far more structured than Knife Play although not as entertaining personally, that being said I did very much appreciate Apistat Commander.
>Xiu Xiu - Knife Play. This album is Godly, quite frankly. I don't exactly know what to say about it though the manner in which the manic vocals mix with the noise bursts and experimental synths is something beyond what I've heard before.

holla if you want a shitty brief review on something

OR

rec me a film that i'd rate over a 7 or under a 6 (bonus points if I cant tell which it is)

Where do you find all of these films?

RYM
YMS

SYM

Need a rec from Novelty Condom.

Forgot the rating for Yowie:
Transgod: Yowie – Synchromysticism
Reminds me a bit of Lightning Bolt, but less noisy and aggressive (and therefore not as good). Stuff that is as technical as this is interesting at first, but soon the lack of anything more than the technical aspect makes me miss something and the music becomes soulless wanking. 2+/6

youtube.com/watch?v=nYeKu0chuFA

Your score for you're living all over me sucks
Can you post the image you used for that mixtape?

I need to give it another listen. My first was alright but nothing really stuck.

That's when Jez starts to think he loves Dobby, right?

Thanks
You have the bonus track too, right?

yeah, this is going prrrrretty well

?

damn she sure sold out with this

>the lack of anything more than the technical aspect
pelb

Because I'm bored, here's the stuff I've recently listened to.

>Allo Darlin' - s/t
really clever (think: unconventional structures, witty lyrics, fantastically crafted vocal melodies) pop album that combines cute twee pop with strong 60s influences (think Camera Obscura but more ramshackle) with some more modern indie rock inflections and quirky pop culture nods (ranging from Bergman to Weezer). it's got swing, it's got heart and it's got hooks for days. i'm in love. literally the only band i've heard that can rock a ukulele.

>Black Tambourine - Complete Recordings
There are three tracks here that really caught my interest, being Can't Explain, For Ex-Lovers Only and Throw Aggi Off the Bridge!. On these songs the mix of ear-shredding noise, cavernous reverb and pop appeal is just perfect; the rest of the material fails to strike that same balance, mostly devolving into murky over-reverbed drivel.

>Turnover - Peripheral Vision
Lands at just the right side of the pleasant / MOR line, but repeats itself until it becomes tedious. There's some legitimately good songs on here (Cutting My Fingers Off, New Scream, Dizzy on the Comedown), but while the rest is far from bad, it's just kinda ehh. The melodies are often kinda underdeveloped and overly simplistic, taking away from my enjoyment. They come off as kind of a one-trick pony, but it holds enough promise that i'm curious where they're going next.

>The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - s/t
it's solid. not amazing, but never stale. i can vibe to this.

You're living all over me has a bonus track- a cover of the cure's "just like heaven"

cool, I might check it out

for a sec there I thought I missed something for the mixtape tourn

Is this the peak of existential german new wave music or does it get sadder than this?