Genesis is the greatest band ever made and I'm not even meming

Give me one (1) argument that disputes this undeniable truth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJa9gEUa0To
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's other bands that are better

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

This isn't even really true btw. Gabriel had little influence over the music. That was all Banks. In fact, Gabriel didn't like the progressive aspects of the band, especially long instrumental parts, and was continually pushing for greater simplicity.

If they're the greatest band ever "made" then how come I've never listened to them?

Because you are reddit, mainly.

best Genesis album coming through

Too hard to pick a best album. For me, it's Foxtrot, Trick of the Tail, Invisible Touch, and yes, We Can't Dance.

Come at me.

Does it bother you to know that because you've essentially admitted you aren't white, I could never in a million years begin to care about your thoughts/feelings on anything?

What does Sup Forums think of the song Ripples from a Trick of the Tail?

youtube.com/watch?v=gJa9gEUa0To

Shut the fuck up nigger

>not being a self hating white boy that knows their place
bruh it's 2017 like wtf are you doing blud mandem famalam?

lmao the post is deleted? why?
Racism against white people doesn't exist you dumb fuck Sup Forumstard janitor

Yes it does. Also, your post is breaking the rules. Back to redd.it.

Exactly what rules am I breaking?

Being racist. Complaining about moderation.

Ban evasion.

What everyone else said and also just generally acting like an entitled nigger who "deserves" to insult whites in low content posts for "justice" on a fucking music board.

>Being racist
racism is poor plus privilege. You cannot be racist against whitey
>Complaining about moderation.
bullshit rule I refuse to recognise. Moderators bow to user

I haven't been banned yet though, the mods love me
>nigger
racism, you're the one in need of a ban here

SOME OF YOU ARE GOING TO DIE

>poor
power, please excuse the typo

You started it by slinging "whitey" around for no reason.

That's your politcally biased definition of racism, but not the actual one. Either way you're being discriminatory, so we can just use a different definition to address your abhorrent behavior that is totally unsuited to a place of discourse like Sup Forums.

>no reason
this thread reeks of upper class white male decadence, someone needed to call it out
>That's your politcally biased definition of racism, but not the actual one
lmao I guess the definition right by a fucking straight cis white man is your preferred one, baka

let's face it user, no one in the 21st century gives a fuck about Genesis, I'm the only one making this thread worthwhile by shedding some light on abhorrent demographics of Sup Forums

Ban evasion is against Sup Forums LAW.

mods, please

wtf i'm literally a right winger now because of how obnoxious this post is.

What ban am I evading?
I have the jannys wrapped around my little finger, they wouldn't dare do anything

It's only obnoxious because admitting I'm right forces you to reflect on how easy you've had it. Sometimes checking your privilege and knowing when to shut your mouth can be hard, but you have to understand Sup Forums needs to be an inclusive space, and you intolerance has no place here

This is some next-level bait, but I'll take it seriously because I'm retarded.

Why is your definition of racism the only correct one? You keep acting like it's obvious, but clearly it isn't. To me, racism is simply the belief that one's race is superior, but I'd like to understand your train of thought. Also Genesis are actually pretty good if you give them a chance. Trespass, Selling England By The Pound, and The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway are all timeless classics that are definitely worth a shot.

>Give me one (1) argument that disputes this undeniable truth.
Ok.

tfw when trying to into Genesis and thread gets derailed by racism
>>>> :(

I know the feel user, but it's to be expected when Sup Forums's demographics are painfully white and male.
I don't need you to logicsplain at me, I refuse to argue with someone uses logic in such a way to disparage PoC
>Genesis are actually pretty good if you give them a chance.
I only listen to Girlpool

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT:
>PHIL COLLINS
>PETER GABRIEL

Gabriel, easily. I mean just look at this fucker

>Banks was the main force behind their progressive sound
>Banks was the main force behind their pop sound
The absolute madman

Top 5 for me:
>Foxtrot
>Selling England By the Pound
>Trespass
>Wind & Wuthering
>Abacab

>5'11" vs 5'5"

of course, and wow! look at Pete performing an Undertaker! the absolute madman!

But he was. Listen to interviews. Banks adjusted his style bc he wanted dat phil collins solo career money.

That's not even his final form

His synth work on Abacab is GOAT

I am left of center but I'm this thread has unironically made me think Trump is probably right. Fuck ruining this country with people who want people like me dead for talking about a band.

If these people want a zero sum game because they hate whites so bad, fine. I am now a drumpfy.

STAY BACK PETE

Are you suggesting collins physically forced banks to write pop instead if prog?

No and I'm curious how you concluded that

Collins
he's such a Chad

>tfw young phil probably pulled more tail than you by orders of magnitude

You may be left but you have that alt-right paranoia down perfectly. But then Sup Forums rots minds across the spectrum (both spectrums).

>everything i dont like is pol
>but its you whos paranoid
LOL

I like this thread

If you had of gotten dubs, I'd have given it an A+

I've never thought about Invisible Touch as a meditation on intangibility, but it really is. What a thematically cohesive album. Thanks, American Psycho and double man.

*had've
Who the fuck are you to mark anyone, mong?

*had've'sted

kind sir, if I may be so bold?

I think you might mean "hæ'".

[spoiler]pleb

Collins haters BTFO