So this year I have to choose between learning French or learning German at University and I don't have any clue on...

So this year I have to choose between learning French or learning German at University and I don't have any clue on what to choose. As an Spanish French will be way easier but I don't care about that I just want to learn the more useful one. What would you choose?

German. It will not be as hard as you think because you have some English already.

German would be way more useful. No one likes or speaks French outside of the French, who are arrogant assholes with a shitty economy.

French is for seducing girls.
German is for shouting orders.

Yeah but a I said the difficulty is not what worries me. What worries me is if it's worth it enough to spend that many hours on learning it. They are not spoken by a lot of people like Ci¡hinese, Spanish or English

Canada?

As a Spaniard*

('Spaniard' es el sustantivo 'español'. 'Spanish' es el adjetivo 'español')

French is easier for Spanish speaking people to learn. German is a tougher language for us. However, both are beautiful and worth learning. I recommend you to learn the one that attracts you the most :)

I think french is a little more commonly spoken.
Though with English and Spanish you should be able to talk to nearly everyone.

In my opinion German sound a lot better and in case you want to learn other germanic languages like Danish you'll have a good base to start on. You might even be able to understand/guess some frases from these languages. Just like you already do with other latin languages, at least i guess so.

German.. nice people speak german

Who the fuck would even want to learn German, both are useless, but at least french can get you girls

I'm from Canada (Ontario province). Only Quebec speaks French. They, like the French, are arrogant assholes with an impoverished province that drains taxes from the rest of the country. I wouldn't waste my time with French, if you're thinking of Canada. Everyone here speaks English primarily.

I'm europen and I am really curious abot the French comunity on Canada. Do the western Canadians know French even if they don't speak it? Does everyone in Quebec speak French instead of English? In that case, have they a good level of english? Have they a French accent while talking english?
Shower thoughts...

Learn Deutsch mein dude its a beautiful language

French is spoken in way more countries than german. Also, most (all i know of) countries where german is spoken knows english so i'd go with french.

Belgium, Canada, Switzerland and Senegal are French-speaking countries as well.

You know how many countries have German as first language other than Germany? Two (Austria and Switzerland)

When you like african, learn france. When you like europe, learn german! Is the most speaken language in europe!

You can contribute to the Deutschfaden (German Thread), if you learn german.

I'm from Ontario (province in Canada). We all are forced to learn some French in school, but it's not emphasized as much as English. Outside of Quebec, no one speaks French publicly. People in Quebec speak both English and French, but they still like to think they're French and not Canadian, so they insist on speaking French to distinguish themselves from the rest of us. Their English is far worse than the rest of the country, because they adopt the French attitude of regarding other languages besides French as being of lesser worth. I wouldn't say they have a French accent when they talk, more like a Quebecian accent, which I've heard French people describe as a redneck French accent.

Wrong. It's Russian.

+1 liechtenstein

In europe every one speak german. No one france...... italy speaks german, dutch speak german, polish speak german, russia speaks german, croatia speaks german......what you want with france?

Belgium is tiny and not entirely french-speaking, only one poor province in Canada speaks French, Switzerland is also small and not entirely french-speaking, and Senegal is in the third world.
Germany is the only country in the EU left with an economy, and it's where the majority of immigration is heading in the EU. So, I think, if you live in the EU, learning German might be more useful.

No german ;-) please read more over europe

To me learning a language from my native language family is more confusing because of false friends and shit.

samefagging
+1 luxemburg i forgot

For completion: Three (Lichtenstein) (+ the northernmost part of Italy)

he said europe, not post apocalypse yourope

>Senegal
when you move to Africa

When you learn german, you can clear up amish girls

We are the Riched.
With the hottess Pussies

So visit Germany.

and you can do kinky play with jewish girls

This is where you speak france...

So you can speak French with Chads and Nigers?

But he wanted to speak French.
Learn English Volksverräter

For those that don't speak German, the countries are from west, central, and eastern Africa.

kek

Volksvertreter können auch kein englisch, wieso also Verräter?

fuck the frenchies

Wrong. Russian is the most poken country in mu continent. In your's is probably French since it is spoken in 19 out of the 42 countries in Africa.

most spoken language in my continent*

except english... so why bother with german?

russian is better than french

french fries

if you want to become a professional refugee, learn arabic and come to germany to get free home and money.. But you also need to pray 5 times a day to Merkel

You are stupid! 5% in europe speak russia...12% german! Don't read your fucking russia propaganda...

people think, that dumb shallow whores fall for french. but in reality, dumb shallow whores fall for every foreign language

german is strict, direct. you can learn it with a system, everything is categoric and makes sense (except for word-genders, they just random)
germany is a beautiful country with tons of different cultures, but france is as well.
french is filled with dumb shit like accents and words that are pronounced weirdly
but its also, without a doubt, the "romantic" language.

so it depends on the girl, if thats your goal.
if she likes romantic, beautfiul boys that can be a hot story to be retold when shes "with her girls", shell prefer french.
if she likes a hunky big mean german shouting orders at her while he takes her doggystyle in his leather outfit in his shag-basement, shell prefer german

Russian is spoken by 15,47% of Europeans you retard. 110 milions Russians in Europe out of 711 milion Europeans represent 15,47. You are retarded man (5% sure) go to school and stop posting shit on the internet before checking it. I'm not Russian but I know some thing about Europe wich you obviously don't.

REKT

Ok...russia is the most speaken language in europe...germany had 120 Milions Native speaker but russia is the most speaken language because 110 milons speak russia.... idiot!!! This is the reason why no one like russia! The peopla are idiots!

va bien te faire enculé. salope !

Language of Herr Hitler, of course.

Tell me where the fuck did I mention in my comment that Russia is the most spoken language in Europe? Where? I just corret your fake information and your fake numbers that came from nowhere. It was a pleasure teaching you, but from now on try to check the info you share before claiming it as the truth.

German is the language of the poets and thinkers, you can use them with emotion or formulate very precisely. And learn the basics of Arabic for your future torture...

those from quebec are 100% like you since many years now. how dis make you feel you hate yourself and your shity country so much that you use "they speak french" as an argument?

I speak all three. French is the least interesting and the most limited in terms of expression. What it says it says prettily, but that's about all.

Where live the 110 milonen russia speaking peoples? In white russia?

this, mainly when we listen to quebecian sound a lot to our redneck. a fucking lot!

>not post apocalypse yourope
>implying usa wont send some nuclear bomb to completely kill every one one earth

you a nigger or something ?

In European Russia. The other 30 live on Asian Russia

Benis :-DDDDD

German: much more useful and easier to learn

really? i really took time to write this and not even one (You)?

i think im shadowbanned

learn german, so you'll get used when you'll meet new niggers friends

Learn German, there is a use for it. Nobody wants to talk French, and that only reason you would want to learn Russian is to pick up Men in gay bars.....lots of Russians there.

As for all this bullshit floatig around russian, not only russians know the language, but a good portion of eastern europeans as well, as the ex-soviet countries. Also a lot of muslims know it, so it is definetly useful and widespread.
As for the OP's question, I'd go with German, it is also widley spread, and I like the flow and melodic sound of the language.

You've obviously never travelled in Quebec. There are towns where no one speaks English at all (I lived in one for a year...not one god-damned person spoke English), and the joual is impossible to understand, even for a French speaker.

You are assuming people want to learn the language becouse of the chicks. Smart people wouldn't spend that much time to get laid, that's pathetic. Nice work though. There you have your (you)

ach komm halt die fresse

ficken alter!

Salty

If you want people afraid of you: learn Russian.
If you want people to think you'r gay: learn French.
If you want people to think you'r Nazi: learn German.
No, it's a joke, learn German! Promptly!

the same in belgium.... the french speaking part is fucked up aswell.

Every german speaks english. French people are shit at English. If you are already fluent in English, French will be more useful.

Unless you want to study philosophy.

I really don't think he needs German to learn Danish, unless he gets very very good at german, the similitude are difficult to find, and French-Danish have a lot in common to. ( I'm french and living in Denmark).
Also remember you that Danish have a population of 5 million habitants...
Te recomiendo estudiar Frances, hay muchísimos países que po hablan ( casi la mitad de África, Maruecos, Algeria, Tunisia...) Canada....

Además, los Alemanes hablan todos muy bien Ingles ( los Daneses, Norwegians, Swedish too) puedes trabajar aquí hablando inglés. Pero en Francia no podrías.

En fin esa es mi opinión según mi experiencia viajando por Europa

polynesia as well