What do you think about Florida becoming the new Atlantis?

What do you think about Florida becoming the new Atlantis?

Pretty sweet if I end up a part of it,

South floridian here, we'll be fine. Mobile homes will be fucked and low lands will be flooded, but my house is on about a 12 foot above sea level foundation

Dude have you been watching the fucking news? You won't survive this, it starts on saturday. Get out while you still can

I think it will be great. Dumbshit repubs might actually start crediting climate science as actual science.

Or they'll drown cuz God protects murica, causing statistically significant support for climate science to rise.

Shitty storms like this is exactly what's needed. Some people just won't care until it affects them personally.

The coast won't survive this. I'm on the east side, Ft Lauderdale, very much inland away from the coast. I'll be fine through the storm. It's the aftermath that's gonna suck. Weeks without power, the roads closed and flooded and idiots looting.

Atlantis was actually a decent city though OP

Do you have water, food and ammo?

projected hurricane path looks like a fat cock

Best of luck to you guys
I live in Puerto Rico there was only a lot of winds no rain at all

I live in Davie, Yeah definitely not worried, took all the precautions tho. Water, generator, etc

That pic looks like a manatee being deeply penetrated.

Yes yes and yes. And gas, and propane, and batteries, and candles.

Poetic justice, since their governor literally banned people from saying "climate change".

Florida can be destroyed and no tears will be shed. The only thing that concerns me is that the hurricane may lose strength and not be strong enough to destroy New York City.

Its almost as big as the gulf of Mexico and it's going up Florida lengthwise, that's why the governor said get the fuck out because the government can't save you. I would grab your shit and leave user before its too late

Well if Irma doesn't do the job, then Jose might. I would say get out

Looking forward to it. Serves them right for voting Trump and his anti-science bullshit

Hopefully it will take out Trump's resorts and all those plastic shoe wearin' Cubans....

anyone here living in south Georgia? Im thinking i might head west, im right on the coast now.

By gas, I mean gasoline. Sadly no generator, so that's gonna suck, but I got my grill, and a butt load of ice for the immediate perishables we don't eat today and tomorrow. It'll be there for the neighbourhood cookout we'll all have to do to get rid of it all.

A lot of it is directed to Miami and coastal areas. People who don't have buildings that are hurricane-ready, don't have shutters and think that a slate of wood will protect them, and people who live alone. The worst I have to fear is flooding, and that'll be rough kinda, but it won't be like Texas was. I was here for Andrew, and Wilma. Both of them I slept through and the worst part always is the aftermath.

I'm a student so I rely on my family for food and stuff. They won't leave so I'm basically forced to stay in Miami.

What about the people who live here that are against him?

Where in Miami? How fucked are you?

i need a name brutha

Fuck that right-wing shithole. I'm more worried about Cuba and what sort of Haiti bullshit the neoliberals are going to try to pull with (((rebuilding))).

Expand image, right click, search with google.
Also, you can click where pic related shows.

Tetas Orientales was the result.

Take before and after pics

I know you've been through others, but you never know

holy shit, i did not know about this

Already done with the pics and videos for insurance. I'm worried about tornados from this storm, that's about it. Better to be asleep during all that, then to stress for hours. If one hits the house, being in the bedroom vs the closet isn't going to do much here.

>ammo
lmao wtf are you gonna do, shoot the storm?

Hm, more searching might be needed. After posting that, I clicked just one link and saw her, but the others aren't her. I think it just means big Oriental tits. But it's a start.

You defend your property from looting.

If it looks at me funny with that eye, yes.

I wish cali would get hit by a storm like this.

Florida looks like its about to become inserted into a flesh light.

i love storms cause im pretty safe where i am
i wanna see america get recked

one of my colleagues is driving from the midwest to Florida to drag his dumbass father away from the coast. The inheritance must not be that great.

Second time I saw this, is this a maymay?

They said that about Houston, not Florida.

Huh i step away from this thread for like 20 minutes and someone answers exactly what i would.
I'm from davie myself, we'll be fine

>The worst I have to fear is flooding, and that'll be rough kinda, but it won't be like Texas was

Flooding is going to be insane. Florida might disappear for a few days. Its going to have a massive swell and be hammering waves on land for days as it travels up the coast.

Davie is down the road from me, I'm in Plantation. We shouldn't have any problems at all besides flooding. June's storms were a shitshow.

Fuck you and your opportunistic false science BS
Al Gore is a fraud, and you are a sad dupe.

Like I said, it's not gonna be all good, but this won't be a first time flood for any of us. Most of our systems are built to handle floods, and clearing them quickly. The area I'm in is 9ft above sea level, and I'm expecting 6ft of water, so the interior house should be fine, with outside being a pool for a day or two. The problem areas on the roadways staying flooded for up to 2 weeks.

Looks like a cuterebra

>idiots looting
Mostly niggers and Mexicans a few white fags trying to be cool.

Hey, I didn't say it. You're not wrong, though.

Why does this make me feel so uneasy.

acting like a looting nig nog is cool?
shiiiiieeeet

>You defend your property from looting.
uncivilized barbarians

Live in Miami, in one of the A evacuation zones. Moving to a B zone condo to get through the storm.

House will most likely be fine, its got a 10ft elevation, built last year with concrete and hurricane proof everything. Just gonna suck to be out of power for a while.

because of the dots. google trypophobia

The dots aren't comforting, for sure, but I think it's because it feels like that thing is some sort of a bug/larvae that wants to grow in my ear and eat it's way out.

This.

Damn I'm sorry for you, used to live in plantation. Too many regulations and fuck that trash bag monopoly

No weed huh what a faggot. The 3-Ws of survival are Weed, Water, Weapons

>fuck that trash bag monopoly
This part made me scream a little. Fucking rule needs to be overturned. Otherwise, my neighbourhood here is really nice, as are the neighbours. Had some old nigger bitch 'trip' on the sidewalk in front of my house, and try to sue me. That shit got thrown out real quick, but I think the HoA is paying her 'medical bills'. Other than those two things, this place hasn't been that awful, compared to Delray, where I used to live.

Fu k no! Florida the new Mexico...

Thats a made up condition for fags.

That was Houston ...Name taken

Sup Forumsfags from florida who are bragging about that this hurricane is nothing to them will literally float on water lifeless. Texas alaready had it's worst so we can laugh how much we want at you okeechobee faggots

Yeah, nah. I don't think lighting things on fire and inhaling the fumes will be a good idea when I need to clean up the areas in front of my house from tree debris and pieces of tile roof all over.

I'm a very calm person, and relaxed. I don't need assistance with that.

Although, gonna go over to my neighbor's house, get on his little raft dressed as pirates and pass out Rum to everyone. A fun little thing to lift spirits. Not quite dudeweedlmao, but something to make people smile after a big storm like that.

Fellow Floridian here.Were at 20' above sea level and I live in a second story apartment. Worried about my car, though.

Your car will be fine from water, just worry about things hitting your car.

Red states getting a dose of climate reality? fuck em

Science kids what is letting an idiot like you instantaneously spread your anti-science rhetoric anonymously to be viewed by people all over the world from moment to moment.

Science is what lead you not to contact measles or polio. It's what enables the flu to be a passing sickness instead of a deadly illness like it is in the third world.

It's efforts and results are powering the electronic screen you are looking at.

It's what purifies your water.

You area only alive today because medicinal and transportation advancements enabled your ancestors to survive sickness and meet their significant other.

It's why you aren't living like the Amish.

These same methodologies are applied to all scientific study, regardless of domain.

The only reason to discard climate science is because you've been told by people who aren't scientists that it's a farce.

99% of scientists are in consensus on climate' s change and the reason it's been changing.

The media however, has presented this issue on equal 50/50 footing because of big oil lobbying politicians who outrageously claim it's the 1% that is accurate. Because this one side is outrageously stubborn and refuses to treat this one domain of science as actual science, it creates a lot of drama and debate over a topic that's actually settled.

The rest of the world was looking to us for leadership on this issue but the GOP, ever-stuck in the 1800's and having one of the loudest voices and most overrepresented voices, has been able to stymie our progress and position in this world because either the times are changing too quickly and they can't take it, or they lack overall empathy and the ability to weigh the costs of far reaching consequences of the future for humanity against their own immediate benefit.

Serious question, will there be flood during the hurricane?

what part of "20 foot storm surge" and "shitload of rain" don't you understand?

I'm thinking of a song by Green Day...

What was that about the time of my life?

Yes, absolutely.

As a guy who took a Honors-level University class on climate change, let me inform that that no one on this planet is going to think CLIMATE CHANGE because a major hurricane hit the country for the first time in like a decade.

Nobody makes the connection except you and the dumbfucks on TV.

I'm in st Pete and I have to secure the oceanfront restaraunt. Been here 12 years. Come Saturday into Sunday we'll better understand the path. It is a 100 mile wide swath of destruction. The only reason I'm sticking around is I have a backup plan, plus, that business is my life.

>New York City.

"Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets."

Rivers and coastals yes

People don't even know that a river overflowed during Harvey and pretty much the same that happened in Texas happened to manatee county. From rain alone.

>What about the people who live here that are against him?

Not that poster, but God will protect us.

Naw. Just kidding. Were totally fucked.

This about sums up my thoughts.

>worry about things hitting your car.

Yeah. Flying debris and garbage in the storm surge.

Are you in an area that'll be hit by a storm surge?

Irma is moving faster than Harvey and won't be sticking around for a couple days. We're not going to see 48 inches of rain like Houston. It's the storm surge not the rain that is going to fuck up coastal areas.

I'm 11 feet above sea level, a mile or two from the gulf, and not in southern Florida. The storm would have to do something really odd to hit us.

Says the liberal drone who fabricates 48 genders an hour. Fuck off

You'll have waves, but not a storm surge. The hurricane will already be on land by the time you get hit, so it wont be pushing water your way. You're pretty costal, though, so just be smart and if you can, move your car somewhere else.

>move your car somewhere else.

I might do that depending on how things unfold. I wish we had parking decks around here.

See if you can drop it off at one farther away, and have a friend drop you back off at home, or uber it if you can.

try to keep your car in a running condition so you'd be able to generate some power with that gas

Im 100% ok with it

Kinda sad it won't destroy more states tho

kek

>America loses its wang

sounds about right.

Even if you are safe from rivers, lakes, ponds, hills, and the coast, you still have the wind, and the wind destroyed where it went. You need a safe building PRONTO

You also need to check your surroundings, it's best to have some coverage from the wind.

These are 100 mile wide tornados people, don't fuck around. Find a parking garage, stadium, hotel, hospital ANYTHING

If you do not have a sound roof and you are anywhere near that thing change plans now!

It's Florida.

Look at every crazy as fuck news story from the last 10 years.... 99% of them are out of Florida. The place is filled with stupid and insane people. Florida being sunk would actually benefit society by removing all those crazy people from the genepool.

>Florida being sunk would actually benefit society

Well, I think the most we can hope for is seeing some trailer parks get flattened.

No one incident will, but because of how warm the waters in the gulf will, Harvey skyrocketed in its category overnight.

These regions going forward are going to continually be pummeled by super storms as conditions get worse in the decades to come.

They need to experience this shit over and over until they can look back and reflect on the fact that it's only gotten worse over the years.

The faster this happens the better for us as a whole.

Irma is record breaking and we are going to experience more and more shit like that.

No one with ant level of intelligence will look at one storm and say "climate change!"
You simply can't do that, but it didn't change the fact that as we have been hitting record breaking warming in modern history, we've also been experiencing record breaking disasters.

My point was that these specific people have these locked in views in spite of overwhelming scientific consensus in the other direction.

I can't change the minds of people, but shit like this can.

The rest off us who were hoping they would finally catch on have been sitting here in disbelief for years that we've had no significant change. Now we can sit here and point the finger at groups of symptoms left and right. These are the kind of people who were/are anti-gay rights until they found out their own kids were gay and raised they didn't want their kids suffering discrimination.

If they can't have the empathy for the generations of the future, then they can have a small taste of the misery we'll be leaving behind because they couldn't be bothered to look to the future beyond their own personal benefit.

Thank you so fucking much. I live in Gainesville and I keep telling people to calm the fuck down. Every fucking storm they lose their shit. It's like child birth, they forget what it was like. The only ones that should be really worried is the east coast. Especially the south east.

Non american here: whats good about FL? i've never been there but it seems like a place full of cubans, beaches and that's it.
Wouldn't you be thankful if it gets completely destroyed?

>plastic shoe wearin' Cubans
underrated

i live in the south east
i have to report for work on monday

The panhandle is different. Instead of Cubans we have rednecks. Lots of meth, too.

MUH ORANGES