Bantermeister Juncker makes fun of the UK...

>bantermeister Juncker makes fun of the UK, saying that English is losing its importance in Europe due to Brexit and switches to French
>British press and commenters on facebook and twitter immediately get butthurt

So this is that famous British sense of humour...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O0FXRfAtIWc
youtube.com/watch?v=juFxBhDSK9s
denikreferendum.cz/clanek/24274-la-historia-me-absolvera-dejiny-me-zprosti-viny
thesun.co.uk/news/1790550/jean-claude-juncker-alcoholic-allegations-signs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i fucking hate this country

Here's the video

youtube.com/watch?v=O0FXRfAtIWc

>sense of humour
But it wasn't even a joke

Juncker is the one who is eternally buttblasted about us leaving his beloved 4th reich

>mfw only 1 country out of the 27 knows how to speak frog
>mfw your post was in english

>there are cucks in this country who STILL support this Juncker twat
deport yourself muhammed

lmao EU is like bunch of butthurt kids mad that one other kid doesnt go out with them anymore

It was sarcasm, you dumb piece of shit. Jesus.

why french? it has way less speakers then german
if you gonna meme do it right

Well, I am the kind of guy who thinks that the man who was spied by his own Luxembourgish Intelligence Service and the dude who was in charge of Luxembourg when the country developped a schem to help great companies to avoid paying taxes in other European countries is not fit to lead the European Union.
But he is that kind of guy.
>youtube.com/watch?v=juFxBhDSK9s

It is true for EU, english will have less influence than it did before.
It's still the most useful language by a big margin.

I don't like him, but if i'd was there, i'd applauded him.

>1 country out of the 27 knows how to speak frog

Belgium REALLY is a non country huh

but our fellow temporary north-african citizens all speak French!

French used to be the primary language of the EU before the UK joined and most European institutions and organizations are in French-speaking countries, so it only makes sense. French is still obligatory for our diplomats.

France wasn't invited to the cook kid party so now they're saying that it wasn't going to be fun anyways.

Brits have been unusually retarded and defensive ever since Brexit for some reason.
You'd think they'd take this more easy given they got their own choice, and everyone is trying to help them to hurry along, but instead they act as if we are kicking them out.

Juncker is a corrupt piece of shit, but getting buttmad a european polyglot uses a different language than english when talking to a international audience is fucking retarded.

>>British press and commenters on facebook and twitter immediately get butthurt

proofs??? all you've posted it is a euro audience clapping english apparently losing important
why would we care what language you speak when we're gone

hes making fun of the french because they dont like to speak english

>bong insecurity

Both sides seem to be extremely butthurt so far. Perhaps brexit wasn't a very good idea after all.

>H-He's bitter and lashing out!

kek at brits

>the man who was spied by his own Luxembourgish Intelligence Service and the dude who was in charge of Luxembourg when the country developped a schem to help great companies to avoid paying taxes in other European countries
>is not fit to lead the European Union

He fits like a glove.

>most European institutions and organizations are in French-speaking countries

citation please

Facebook pages of any British news organisations (even left-wing ones like the Guardian, Independent or BBC) are full of people who apparently can't understand irony.

Right-wing tabloids like The Sun and Daily Mail are fanning the flames on purpose.

This was pure Juncker. He jokes like that all the time. It's just his style.

This desu

NATO in Belgium
EU Parliament in Belgium
CERN in Switzerland
UEFA in Switzerland

Of course, none of these countries are solely French-speaking.

>implying he didn't
English is and will remain the lingua franca of europe

Most of them are in France (Strasburg) and Belgium, both of which are french speaking countries, how is that in need of cititation?

>He jokes like that all the time. It's just his style.

Like the time he was sad Castro passed away?

should the eu get rid of english after the uk leaves?
ireland will be the only one left

What language did you have to type that out in?

What a fucking retarded thing to say anyway

Europeans speak English because of based USA and not bongs kek

eu shouldn't even do it if ireland leaves, the people of europe almoat all know English, we want english above fr*nch or g*rman.

>Malta

They can do that if we leave NATO. Oh wait, we ARE NATO.

brussels is french speaking, the language of administration in luxembourg is french, strasbourg is in france and the language of international diplomacy has always been french

You can't just get rid of it, it doesn't work that way. English is popular in the EU because of the huge influence of American and British culture, not because the UK is a member state.

That only hurt feelings of Eastern European conservatives. His position was in line with the Western European centre-right who recognise that Cuban revolution had some positives.

For example, Obama or Trudeau praised Castro even more.

That's disgusting you left leaning faggot. You do not praise regimes and dictatorships.

Saying Strasbourg is French is like saying Gibraltar is British.

Techically yes, but...

denikreferendum.cz/clanek/24274-la-historia-me-absolvera-dejiny-me-zprosti-viny

>leftists praise vicious murdering bastards because they're on the same team

and? Nelson Mandela called, he wants his meme back.

>delusion

its a piss easy language and a perfect tool to interact with different nationalities

only ZERO of those are European Union institutions you dumb fat fucking shithead

And you two know even less you stupid retards

European Agency for Safety and Health at Work Bilbao Spain
European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training Thessaloniki Greece
European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions Dublin Ireland
European Environment Agency Copenhagen Denmark
European Institute of Innovation and Technology Budapest Hungary
European Training Foundation Turin Italy
European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction Lisbon Portugal
European Medicines Agency London United Kingdom
European Union Intellectual Property Office Alicante Spain
Community Plant Variety Office Angers France
Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union Luxembourg Luxembourg
European Food Safety Authority EFSA Parma Italy
European Maritime Safety Agency Lisbon Portugal
European Aviation Safety Agency Cologne Germany
European Network and Information Security Agency Heraklion Greece
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control Stockholm Sweden
European GNSS Agency Prague Czech Republic

>English is popular in the EU because of the huge influence of American and British culture, not because the UK is a member state.

English is also popular because it's neither French nor German

then the press should be throwing shit on the US 24/7 on all sides for being allied with a terrorist state that is saudi arabia
faggot

European Railway Agency Lille France
European Fisheries Control Agency Vigo Spain
European Chemicals Agency Helsinki Finland
European Institute for Gender Equality Vilnius Lithuania
European Defence Agency Brussels Belgium
European Institute for Security Studies Paris France
European Union Satellite Centre Torrejón de Ardoz Spain
European Police College Budapest Hungary
European Police Office Europol The Hague The Netherlands
European body for the enhancement of judicial co-operation The Hague The Netherlands
Body of European Regulators of Electronic Communications Riga Latvia
European Systemic Risk Board Frankfurt Germany
Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators Ljubljana Slovenia
European Banking Authority London United Kingdom
European Securities and Markets AuthorityParis France
European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Frankfurt Germany
European Asylum Support Office Valletta Malta
European Agency for the operational management of large-scale IT Systems in the area of freedom, security and justice Tallinn Estonia
European Border and Coast Guard Agency Warsaw Poland

links
people probably took it as an attack on the country, "English losing importance"="Britain losing important", at least that's what the first two articles I googled took it as

>Jean-Claude Juncker has taken a fresh dig at Britain, risking an escalation of tension with Prime Minister Theresa May despite pleas from other EU officials to tone down the rhetoric and restore calm.
>The remarks of the former prime minister of Luxembourg, who speaks German as well as French and English, were taken as yet another sign of simmering tension between the commission and London even before the Brexit negotiation begins.
FT
>"We will negotiate fairly with our British friends, but let's not forget that it is not the EU that is abandoning the UK - it is the UK that's abandoning the EU, and that makes a difference," he said.
BBC

int isn't real life where the average person cares what language others speak, especially when it's an institution we just left. But if you attack the country, of course people will respond
leave us alone you cunts

They should but that isn't an argument.

So was he also forgetting about the Irish?

>the language of international diplomacy has always been french

Funny, since we're really bad at diplomacy

According to memes the Democrats are just as right-wing as Republicans and only outsiders like Bernie are actually left-wing

>what is Switzerland
>what is Belgium
>what is Luxemburg

If you're being be a butthurt dick at least do it properly, dumbass.

Who's the idiot that decided to give arabs money?

Juncker is a christian democrat and this is what he said in his official condolence message to Cuba. I guess he wanted to be a bit diplomatic to country that's starting to open up to the world.

>Fidel Castro was one of the historic figures of the past century and the embodiment of the Cuban Revolution. With the death of Fidel Castro, the world has lost a man who was a hero for many. He changed the course of his country and his influence reached far beyond. Fidel Castro remains one of the revolutionary figures of the 20th century. His legacy will be judged by history.
>I convey my condolences to the Cuban President Raúl Castro and his family and to the people of Cuba.

>Petr Uhl

French speaking
>Community Plant Variety Office Angers France
>Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union Luxembourg Luxembourg
>European Railway Agency Lille France
>European Defence Agency Brussels Belgium
>European Institute for Security Studies Paris France
>European Securities and Markets AuthorityParis France

Thats 6 in french speaking countries, more than in any other language and you are leaving out the literally most important EU bodies, the Parliament and the ECJ.
You are a aidiot.

>its a piss easy language

So is Spanish and Esperanto.

>and a perfect tool to interact with different nationalities

Why is that? Maybe because global popular culture is English dominated?

>only ZERO of those are European Union institutions you dumb fat fucking shithead

The EU Parliament is not a European Union institution? What is it then

Say you had American nationality, you would've voted Bernie wouldn't you?

I can call my farts aerosol deodorant but that doesn't make it true.

>mfw only 1 country out of the 27 knows how to speak frog

3 actually. 5 counting Monaco and Andorra.

>mfw only 1 out of the 27 speaks anglo
>and it's the irish

>You do not praise regimes and dictatorships.

Why not? If the dictator did some good, why not recognize it? I'm not saying Castro was a great guy or anything, but there are plenty of examples in history of authoritarian leaders doing a lot more good than harm. Nothing wrong with recognizing that.

I didn't mean serious journalists themselves, but people who comment under articles. Regular Brits.

heh...nothing personnel

Doesn't Malta use english too?

In all of them, INCLUDING THE ONES YOU MENTIONED, English is the primary language. In the workplace and in all (official) documentation.

No. I would have voted for a normal conservative like Kasich.
I don't get why Republicans turned all anti-establishment in the last years

Name one.

I am actually ok with French becoming the lingua franca of the EU

German official language when
Why pretend anymore, we know they ARE the EU

it's a sad fact the sun is the most widely circulated paper here
also had a google after reading your post, and on the home page was
>DO EU DRINK TOO MUCH? Is Jean-Claude Juncker an alcoholic?
thesun.co.uk/news/1790550/jean-claude-juncker-alcoholic-allegations-signs/

kek

Mind your own business monkey

Dude, I speak French (mother is Quebecois) and even I don't want to fucking speak it unless I'm in Eastern Canada or I want to impress some slut.

Atatürk, Lee Kuan Yew, Tito, Abdullah the 2nd of Jordan, Paul Kagame and Qaboos bin Said al Said of Oman

Except we talked about placed in french speaking countries. Yes we all know the EU primarily uses english right now, what kind of argument is that?

Not exactly. The Democrats do have plenty of left-wing voters and politicians, but they're not left-wing as a whole.

The Democrats are like a slightly more right wing version of the CDU. The Republicans are so right wing that I'm not sure you guys have an equivalent (maybe a mix of FDP and NDP?).

For each of those there is a trail of blood to their name.

Lee Kuan Yew, Ataturk, arguably Abraham Lincoln and FDR

EU has three working languages, that means majority of documents are available and EU officials should be to use them. They are English, French and German, in that order.

Because that's where the votes are and rhetoric works.

>The Democrats are like a slightly more right wing version of the CDU. The Republicans are so right wing that I'm not sure you guys have an equivalent
Aren't both of your parties for gay marriage? or at least the Democrats?

I think you overestimate how right-wing your parties are or how left-wing ours are.

No
That is because you are stupid

so is for every democratically elected american president

The European parliament, the council of ministers, the European Comission, European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of regions are in French-speaking Brussels.

The European parliament, the EUHR and the Council of Europe are in Strasbourg.

Half a dozen or so institutions in Luxembourg.

Except for the European Central bank everything that is relevant and important is an French-speaking country.

The argument is wether they did more good than bad

Your claim:
>most European institutions and organizations are in French-speaking countries

Only 6 out of the ones I listed are in French speaking countries. Your claim would be correct if there were only 11 instutitions. There are dozens more. You are a stupid faggot. Kill yourself.

>FDR

Ah, the man who led the USA out of a crisis and only needed 10 years and a World war to do so

Same can be said about a lot of the great democratically elected leaders. How much blood do Churchill, FDR, JFK, etc. have on their hands?

>Aren't both of your parties for gay marriage?

Kind of. The Democrats are for gay marriage, the Republicans are still arguing about it.

>I think you overestimate how right-wing your parties are or how left-wing ours are.

Maybe.

Well PARDON ME for preferring the language of commerce and comedy to the language of, wait what is French for again?

Gay marriage is a non-issue. You realize that not even all democrats support socialized healthcare while it is supported by virtually all parties here?

>Only 6 out of the ones I listed are in French speaking countries.
No, 6 alone out of the few you mentioned are, you didn't list even nearly all EU institutions. You left out a ton that are in Luxemburg and Belgium.

List the actual existing bodies then instead of grasping at straws and multiplying a single body into multiples just to pretend you are not an idiot like you are doing in

The democrats are for it and the republicans don't give a fuck either way unless you count those idiots in the southeast. I'd prefer they just shut the fuck up and live their lives so we can move on to more important issues.

>the language of, wait what is French for again?

Western philosophy, romance, cooking, and to a limited extent diplomacy. And most west africans. It's nowhere near as important globally as English, but still, French is pretty relevant.

I used to think that not being able to take a joke aimed at your country/nation is specific to Eastern Europeans, due to low self-confidence, but it looks like it's like that everywhere, even in Britain.

You don't know what a plurality is. Besides, nobody cares about some minor agencies that were moved so other member states to give them some European shit.
All important institutions are in French-speaking countries except for the ECB.

>the republicans don't care
>except for the region of the country where most republicans are from

"The southeast" is a pretty fucking big place.

You're dumb, get out

I remembered that they invented the kitchen brigade as I was typing the last post and felt like an asshole. You do have to give them that.

well if it was fucking namibia or whatever taking the piss we wouldn't care when it's your neighbours and supposed allies it will get a reaction

They're shunned by other republicans the way those idiots on the UC Berk campus (I hope) are shunned by democrats.

Juncker is so butthurt about Brexit. Will he ever get over it? The salt just keeps coming.

>french people still think their language is relevant

t. remain voter