Bernie Sanders cost Hillary Clinton the 2016 Presidential election

Bernie Sanders cost Hillary Clinton the 2016 Presidential election.

Invert that shit user.

Good. Hillary sucks.

And Ross Perot cost Bush 41 the '92 election. And I feel bad about because I voted for him.

good
she deserved to lose

She is human garbage. Bernie 2020!

Same thoughts here. At least it would've been an interesting election with Sanders v. Trump.
It became just a shouting match between Clinton and Trump. Nothing of substance in the debates.

How?

False. Hillary lost the election because she was the least likeable candidate the democrats have come up with in decades. Her party counstantly beat the drums of identity politics which alienated more than half the voter base and created a counter culture. She lost the previous primaries to a black man with a Muslim sounding name that is how much people hate her. All you have to do is watch the shitflinging that went on between her and the Obamas during his first run at it to see how shitty and unlikable she is. The fact that she just can't admit she's the one that failed and the democrats would be better off if she had never been born just kills me.

Trump would have still said the same stupid shit.

>Hillary Clinton cost Bernie Sanders the 2016 presidential election

Fixed that for you.

He leaked the hillary nudes

yep, and bernie would have won

Hillary couldn't get the votes to beat trump. She had her chance, and enough people in enough places wouldn't vote for her.

We don't know how Bernie would have fared, but he was polling better than her all the way.

So, nope.com

Shame on the Democrats. They thought that it was her time to win, and the DNC (perfectly within its right) pulled strings so that she'd "win" the nomination. She didn't deserve the nomination.

BTW, calling it here first, there is some hot ass chick from Hawai'i that should win it. She's charismatic, moderate, war veteran, and looks to be an all-around great gal.

Screeching feminists cost Hillary the election. They couldn't bear the thought of having a white male candidate even if he was the best one, so they fucking cheated to make her the candidate.

Swore I'd never vote for a politician who voted to go into Iraq, but you fuckers gave me no choice and we still lost.

No real animosity there, the electoral system is fucking broken as hell and weighs certain demographics stronger than others. But damn. Bernie could have won that shit.

Don't give me that "corrupt hillary started with Bernie" shit. Corrupt Hillary started with an Iraq War vote.

I think Hillary Clinton costed Hillary Clinton the 2016 election. Maybe she shouldn't have been such a horrible fucking mess of a human.

Then maybe she shouldn't have allowed him to run as a candidate that posed no real threat to Clinton but could be held up as proof that the Democrat party wasn't wholly bought by the Clintons

>Corrupt Hillary started with
the Arkansas gubernatorial office

Idk, they put up John Kerry in '04, who was a likeable as half-finished pancakes.

Nope. Bernie would have won. He addressed the concerns of the rust belt and those who were sick and tired of Washington bullshit. When Hillary undemocratically stole the primary from Bernie, she CHOSE to run on a platform not of understanding of the overwhelming majority in the democratic party that would have voted for Bernie, but on a platform of "I'm better than the other guy, so you have no choice." Then she acted all shocked when most of the democratic voting based that would have won her the election either didn't vote or switched sides because they saw her for the corrupt election rigging cunt she was. Now she is once again blaming anyone but her. I was unsure up until she decided to publish that horseshit book but now I am decided: She is worse than Trump. We got the better candidate. I voted third party because I don't believe in voting out of spite, but holy shit.... Trump is an immature, fascist child who has no fucking clue how to do anything, but so help me God, if Hillary runs in 2020 and get the nomination again, I will vote Trump with a clear conscience. It won't even be a vote out of spite, I will be voting for the better candidate.

Anyone who disagrees with Hillary Clinton is a sexist and a racist.

Hillary and Kerry were both boring.
That is the nutshell of why they lost.
People want catchy slogans and jingoism, that is all the effort they care to put into their vote.

This looks like some good pasta.
Mmm Mmm good

LOL that's what I was going to say. The dems decided 16 was the year for a woman to be elected... and the voters said "not that bitch"

No idiot. He had 3 million more votes than her contest. She lost cause for some gay reason the USA still uses the electoral college system.

It's strange... I don't recall this much fuss about the electoral college when Algore lost.

The Electoral College makes sure those uppity people who live in cities get kept in their place.

A wise man once said
"Fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice... "

Ralph Nader cost Al Gore his rightful election to the U.S Presidency in 2000.

see the pattern?

Hillary Clinton cost Hillary Clinton the 2016 Presidential election /thread

>
>No idiot. He had 3 million more votes than her contest. She lost cause for some gay reason the USA still uses the electoral college system.
Learn why the electoral colleges are important. If not for them, New York and California would decide the president, and the other 48 be fanned. That's not fair representation. That's not America.

>That's not fair representation

The electoral college causes unfair representation because it makes votes no longer equal.

Why should someone's vote in CA/NY/wherever be worth less than someone's vote from the bible belt or the Midwest? There's nothing inherently better about people in middle America than folks who live on the coast. If you believe that 1 person = 1 vote, you can't also support the electoral college

Sure it is. There are more of us than there are of you, and the you that is there frankly isn't worth much.

who cares? Thomas Paine cost the english their american colonies; Shit happens son. You can blame a single reason for the way history turns out or you can look at the web of confluent factors that all contributed to a certain event to happen.

Hillary might have lost because;

-she didn't campaign harder in certain key states
-the russians launched a massive disinformation campaign against her
-she lost the sanders voters because they felt that he was betrayed by the Democrat leadership
-Trump was a protest vote for independent voters
-The modern american democratic system is designed so that no party can maintain power for more than 8 consecutive years
-the elders of zion has decreed that Trump is the herald of the antichrist that will bring about the fall of mankind
-Hillary was out of touch and uninteresting in the current 8 sec attention span clickbait culture
-Trump was a better liar than Hillary
-hillary ran a secret undergrounf pedo network that harvested the bonemarrow from orphans to feed her reptilian overlord Soros in satanic rituals underneath pizza parlours all over the US and on private islands populated with nubile yonug lolis servicing the rich and powerful with not only their nubile young bodies but also with their VERY SOULS
-The electoral college
-The russians hacking into the skynet mainframe and overriding the election safety protocols
-The russians sending dodgy e-mail links to morons who download trojans and allow their computers and e-mails be compromised and uploaded to wikileaks
-the democratic process
-the will of the poeple
-the will of hugely influential special interests groups within washington dc
-aliens

Oooor, you know, it could have been all and/or none of the above. Take your pick. The election is over. Let Mueller do his job and hopefully this soap opera can be over soon

Hilary did it to herself. Her and the DNC asshats that rigged the campaigns are the reason we're in this miss now.

It is an extremely outdated format to use in elections. Millions of peoples votes LITERALLY did not matter in the election. Who gives a flying fuck where they live as long as it is in America. People who support the electoral college also promote the idea of the Presidency being a damn high school popularity contest instead about who is better for office. People don't feel they need to actually know the political agendas of who they vote for and that's why we get trash like Hillary and Trump (granted Trump is rock bottom for America).

>Let Mueller do his job and hopefully this soap opera can be over soon

What do you expect he'll find that will lead to impeachment? I just don't have any faith that this investigation will turn up anything like that. Is doing sketchy real estate deals with Russian oligarchs in the 70's an impeachable offence?

This is true to a point, but we have crossed that line in my opinion.
We should have 3x more reps in congress at a minimum, and that probably wouldn't have changed the election results.
I think we need closer to 10x our current national HOR, an average Rep votes for close to a million people.
The average "joe" has no pull with congress, only big donors.
Split the power down to a reasonable level.

Bonus: Harder to gerrymander smaller districts.

this is wise.

they can telecommute

Good points
I really think Hillary should have just not run.
She was a very qualified and competent candidate on paper.
FOX propaganda made her toxic.
Her own naivety gave rise to people taking "deplorable" as a badge of honor.
Then she tried to do the same thing with "nasty women" to help her, but fail to realize the nuance of a slam contest.
She got into a shit throwing contest with a pig and writes a book about what went wrong?!

And get rid of the Senate.

More people live in Brooklyn than in North Dakots

Ultimately we should all vote for ourselves, which will be easier with tech.
No need for reps because we rep our self
Part time HOR to introduce Bills, then we all just vote.

The Senate should go back to being elected by state legislatures
The purpose of a bicameral legislature is to have groups that are of different interests. Allowing "states" to have a representative vote is important in my opinion.

The Democratic Party rigged their primary election in favor of one of the most unlikable politicians in recent history, who then proceeded to run an ineffective campaign and alienate vast swaths of the population.

Bernie did far less mud slinging during the primary season than Hillary did against Obama in 2008, and Obama proceeded to defeat a much tougher Republican candidate than she ran against.

Damn near any other Democratic legislator or governor could have defeated Trump. Hillary is an incompetent politician and her nomination was the result of corruption in the DNC.

>What do you expect he'll find that will lead to impeachment?

no idea. obstruction of justice probably. or maybe he won't find anything and the story will be over. either way, who cares. My point was that as soon as Mueller is done it will close the book on this soap opera in the mainstream medias eyes and the russia story will be relegated to conspiracy theorists and subterranean online op-ed bloggers

>I just don't have any faith that this investigation will turn up anything like that.

what do you base your faith on? Gut feeling? A comprehensive understanding of the FBI's internal workings and operations? A hunch? A cynically jaded view of the american justice system? Inside knowledge? What the internet has told you? (i mean why would anyone lie on the internet)

> Is doing sketchy real estate deals with Russian oligarchs in the 70's an impeachable offence?

no, but money laundering is

If that is your definition of rigged.
Then you have no argument against Russia rigging the election for Trump.
(i don't know if you do or don't but to be consistent...)

interference with the election process by the governing body that's running the election != interested third parties buying facebook ads

Seeing that debates are not working out in your favor and so scheduling far fewer of them than you ever have before and scheduling them so that fewer people watch than is normal is rigging. Having a third party spreading lies and propaganda on your behalf is business as usual. It may have been done on a larger scale and to greater effect than ever before, and this may be the first time that there's been evidence that a foreign state was behind it, but that is not "rigging" in the same way that it would be rigging if the U.S. federal government had been the one spreading that fake news, which is basically what happened in the Democratic primary.

Only if you're dumb enough to believe the words of someone so incredibly incompetent that they lost (not really) an election to Trump, the dumbest motherfucker alive.

[Issue reason: null, default reason: both sides are evil]

Bernie is not a Democrat
They let him run anyway
They did not throw their support to him, but to the establish(ed/ment) candidate.
Political parties are private groups that set their own rules.
I'm not big on pol parties, but they do have a right to choose their own (bad) candidate.

FOREIGN MEDDLING IN ELECTIONS IS BAD AND NOT COMPARABLE.

Typical libtard logic, hillary is the only option and your opinions don't count.

Fuck off.

Why are you still talking about that you butt hurt baby

It's crazy the amount of times Sup Forums brings up Hillary. I'm starting to think secretly everyone wanted her to win.

Democratic party rules describe how to qualify to run in the Democratic presidential primary, and Bernie qualified. Having run as a Democrat before is not one of those qualifications, and nor should it be. Democratic party rules also say that DNC staff are supposed to be unbiased, but they set up their primary election so that their preferred candidate had an unfair advantage. That is the definition of a rigged election. Because independent candidates don't have a realistic chance of winning, these private organisations are the gatekeepers of our presidential elections. If they are corrupt, then our election results don't represent the will of anyone but the parties themselves.

If the Russian government had paid off U.S. election officials to miscount ballots, that would be meddling. Publishing propaganda is not rigging, or there has never been an election anywhere that wasn't rigged.

I like that you call Russia an "interested third party".

WOW! I guess you have to justify that you were duped by those ads somehow.

Just shred your voter ID for the good of the country.

PLEZ

Thank fucking god. Maybe we'll get an actual fucking progressive in 2020.

NEWSFLASH!!!
Democrats prefer Democrats, not just random liberals.

Hey why didn't those biased DEM's support David Duke in their primaries.
Rigged!

Party officials are not supposed to support anyone. That's the point. It's not a complicated one.

Killary cost America a decent Bernie presidency.

Are you saying that they weren't interested or that they weren't a third party?

No No NO
You fool
Parties support people in their party.

Or...
Bernie purposely fuck Hillary by running as a Dem when he should have run as an Repub.
Republicans would have given Bernie a debate platform equal to what he got with Hillary.
.....sure he would have.....sure would....

Do you just spout bullshit cause you like the way it tastes on you tongue?

If parties don't run unbiased primary elections, then voters don't pick the president. If you're okay with that, then you are the enemy of the American people.

Wow you Trumptards went from Hillarsy will cheat her way to win election, to there was no rigged election, Russia Collusion is fake news, to russia propaganda to influence our election to get a trash tier actor elected is fine.
And yes its meddling as they had a goal to weaken America knewing Trump would be a huge failure.

ok you win, i will actually vote for trump in 2020

Parties are the definition of bias.
A group of politically like-minded people with an agenda to promote change through legislative and executive action by electing people who agree with their principles.

So, a party can pick whomever they desire, by whatever means they desire, and that does not effect democratic choice.

HOWEVER, when and outside actor such as Russia decides to interfere that is a problem that has dire consequences. They can shit in the pool and laugh and leave, because it is not their pool.

Don't reverse things

Hillary Clinton cost Bernie Sanders the 2016 Presidential election

....she won the popular vote though

yes but electing people based on majority would be a democratic process. America was never intended as democracy.

I doubt it
Not even a trump supporter

"Not even a trump supporter" = didn't buy the hat, but voted for him.... cause emails/Benghazi

whaha REEEEEEEEEEEE

Have fun with president Trump :D:D:D

I've voted in five elections, and never for a Republican. I have also never claimed that the Russian government's attempts to exert influence on the U.S. presidential election did not happen or that they were a good thing. To equate their behavior to "rigging", though, is pure stupidity, unless you can describe how they were able to alter the election process in Trump's favor. Note that I'm not talking about influencing people's opinions, but influencing the process itself. That's what it means to rig an election, and it didn't happen.

If a party "picks whoever they desire" by secretly breaking the rules that they've publicly laid out for themselves, they should not be surprised when voters abandon their party. They wouldn't have had any voters in the first place if they had been up front about the fact that they weren't going to let their voters nominate their favorite candidates. The Republican party held an honest primary election even when it meant nominating a candidate that almost none of the part officials liked.

thanks. he will need your vote, if he decides to run. He'll be what, 75 then? let's see if the boy has the stamina dor it. I suppose he is conserving a lot of his energy on the golf course these last few months. Maybe a bid to save some energy for the re-election trail. Goddamn I love america

I like how media said that Trump would kill the Republican Party, while Clinton was obviously destorying the Democrat party with the whole primary stuff. Lots of democrats i know are completly turned off by the Democrat party because of that.

I'm responding to my post 9993
If that is your criteria for voting in the general election then kudos to you.
I voted for Bernie in the primary, then Hillary in the general.
It was the first time I voted for a Dem for president, because I was concerned about Trump starting a nuclear war.
That really was the main reason, because if we have a nuclear war everyone loses.

>Vlad Putin cost Hillary Clinton the 2016 Presidential election.
ftfy

I agree but saying she couldn't get the votes makes no sense

>GOD I LOVE COMMUNISM SO FUCKING MUCH!
>OMG, A EX-KGB IS TRYING TO TAKE OVER AMERICA! IM A NATIONALIST AND DONT WANT RUSSIANS ON OUR POLITICS, TRUST ME!

xaxaxaxa

/thread

>social democracy = communism
>ex-kgb autocrat = communism

I voted for Bernie in the primary in Jill Stein in the general. I live in a red state and since the electoral college delegates are assigned on a winner-take-all basis, my vote doesn't matter anyway. If I'd been in a swing state I'd have held my nose and voted for her for the same reason that you did, but since I don't I decided I'd cast a protest vote. There's no better way to let the Democrats know that they lost your vote than to vote for the Green Party.

I will never vote for a Democrat again for as long as I live because I think its organizational corruption directly resulted in Trump's election, and I think that we would be better off as a species if the party collapsed and was replaced. I'll never vote for a Republican because the Republican Party is the party of creationism, climate change denial, and gay conversion therapy. From now until somebody replaces the Democrats as the dominant liberal party, I'll either be voting Green or writing in Richard Stallman.

And the greens are all pristine and aren't corrupt at all? Even though it's their ilk who are pushing all the PC bullshit on everyone these days, and dems are just following suit?

I can see that, Hillary was a bad candidate.
She had endured a 30 year Fox news led smear campaign. She was qualified but her image was toxic.
Is that unfair?
Did that consideration come into play, but ego wouldn't let Hillary drop out of a primary?
Should Biden have run?

blah blah blah....

If you let Trump win then you have to live with the consequences...we all have to live with the consequences, but some bear more responsibility than others.

/thread

>Calls out party of people that believes in bullshit.
>Votes for a woman that believes in healing crystals.

Lel

youve got the ordering wrong Hillary cost Bernie the election, retard.

they gave him the chance only because they knew he would fail. At that point in time, the Republicans would shout at you about how you hate America if you didn't want bush reelected.

Wrong completely. Hilary was never a good choice. Given a choice of two clowns to lead the circus, the sensible people of America chose the less evil clown. It was as simple as that. Of course the majority are upset they didn't get their evil clown running the show, but that's because they don't really understand the difference between good and evil, and they think party politics are more important than individual personality. "It doesn't matter if Hilary is an evil witch because she's a democrat and female and therefore deserves a vote"... this is literally how they think. Bernie could have and should have won that election, but the Clintons have so much power they instead had him berned, so she could pursue a futile bid for the presidency. Assuming her goal was to win, and not in fact to put Trump in power. That's possible because he's going to do such a shit-tier job nobody will vote Republican for the next 3 terms at least (that's how long it will take to forget). Also, the Ross Perot's of the world are what we need more of. Party politics is a sham, and should be abolished. We need people who say what they believe in, not what their party stands for.