We purpose completely new Sup Forumscore

Come on guys, let's change this thing and start a new cycle, the albums we will choose will be the ones to jerk off the next 5 years

dubs decide?

No let's try to do this seriously.

If you don't include this I will be disgusted with you.

i'm down. I'll start by promoting an album only I like

nah, let's do this seriously

Lake s/t from 1979.

rolling

How was the first chart even made?
Was it completely random or did people vote for albums?

I'm just gonna keep posting albums and hope they make it on.

Ye

I wants to know this too

Should some sort of straw poll be involved?

The first thing we have to do is decide the different sections (bleeps, metal, jazz, etc.) that we should split everything into.

Yes.

Obligatory.

This. Let's start with the Sup Forums core section. Reply to this comment to suggest albums. Then someone can put them in a strawpoll.

INCOMING

Oh, and i need somebody with the photoshop please :/ mine doesn't want to work

Remember to tag as /sub mucore/, /rock/n/jazz/, /metal/, /electronic/ or /hip hop/!

these ones were already Sup Forumscore

can be convienient

lol! epic, xd

my suggestion for Sup Forumscore

Why do you raterds want new Sup Forumscore? Everyone forget about it and if they don't it'll just shit up the board even more

pls

Gotcha. I'll be doing a lot of hip hop suggestions. Do you have the original for reference?

Obligatory ITAOTS, MBDTF, Spiderland, ITCOTCK, Kid A, Loveless, MPP, RiL, LYSF, TMR, Pet Sounds
Maybe not TMR since all the newfags seem to dislike it, so there isn't as much praise anymore.
Also replace SFTB with TBK

For all you newfags, Sup Forumscore is not a democratic list of "Sup Forumss favorite albums" it's a list of critically acclaimed albums that at one point has been frequently discussed on Sup Forums, the chart is for newfags to have a place to start whenever it comes to deeper musical exploration and discussion on the board. Nobody voted on it. You can't change Sup Forumscore, unless you change the entire board culture

humble suggestion

Flood is on the mucore chart? Where?

/electronic/

this, definitely

also pic related
mad underrated folk rock album

already mucore

pic related is the most recent i have

yeah but that stopped of being a good idea becuase we have been talking about the same albums the last five years

My point is that they're Sup Forumscore because they're talked about, not talked about because they're Sup Forumscore

suggesting that Zappas actual masterpiece gets on the chart

That's why we're updating it to adjust to the current discussion.

/sub mucore/

it's not on the chart mate

yeah, and that created an endless cicle of repetition, we are here to discover new music but we make the same threads every day, we can change this, don't you get a bit tired of these same discussions over and over again?

That clearly isn't the case anymore since the most recent Sup Forumscore album is from 2012, nothing new is added despite no real drop in critically acclaimed albums

it's kpop general's current favorite right now so it has to be on there

fucking this

incoming minimal techno

Fuck no

what the fuck is your problem it's one album you cocksucker

/rock/

You have clearly been here less than a year. Please stop and save yourself now. People like you are the reason tripping on this board means absolutely nothing.

obviously belongs there

>ITT: People who don't know what Sup Forumscore means

There should be a noise section
My recs:
Merzbow - Pulse Demon
C.C.C.C. - Rocket Shrine
Mo*Te - Life in a Peaceful New World
Kazumoto Endo - While You Were Out
Incapacitants - As Loud as Possible
Masonna - Ejaculation Generater
Hanatarash - Hanatarashi
Hijokaidan - King of Noise
Sissy Spacek - Sissy Spacek
Keiji Haino - 1973 Live

Pic related could probably be sub-Sup Forumscore if it was more well-known. Obscure late 90s space rock that sounds a bit like early Verve/Sianspheric.

And the only who give a shit about it are the k pop generals

/metal/

No thanks

Unironically this. There needs to be a Queen album but this one has that raw low fi production sound and is the least normie friendly Queen album.

every single year since its inception people have tried to supplant the original list but it's simply undoable. firstly because it already covers canonical popular music and secondly because nu-Sup Forums can't hope to be mobilized half as well as 2009 was

This the right answer

Stay in your containment board please.

we are Sup Forums too you idiot

No you arent

Yeah, we know. It's basically just a thinly-veiled rec thread that will eventually be turned into a chart, and there's nothing wrong with that.

then why are we still here wise guy

Why not do it like this?

>20 non western traditional folk and classical recordings
>10 singer songwriter recordings
>20 western classical recordings
>20 jazz recordings
>10 soul/r&b/funk/disco recordings
>20 rock recordings
>20 post electro electronic recordings
>10 hip hop recordings
>20 experimental recordings

This way we can actually fix Sup Forums by diversifying the board taste.

Hahahahahaha

You are clearly a newbie here.

already there.

I'm not a newbie and I know he's saying the truth, so shut up.

Wew
I propose an Ambient section. Mu needs to duscuss ambient other than Aphex Twin and SotL for fucks sake

K-Pop general is a containment board, so their opinions don't matter.

you better start respecting us or we will unleash hell on you peasants

K

i like this idea

nobody will help me the chart? i will then, but it will take me some days, just organize the recommendations please

Same for Grimes before they come in here and demand that AA or Visions gets added.

NO

The current 2016 Chart is good. We dont need a new chart every 6 months.

Oh look it's the shit side of Sup Forums.

enjoy listening to the same 100 albums you narrow-minded twat while the rest of want to keep exploring

What do you mean help?

>The "more" shit side of Sup Forums
FTFY

Taking off my trip for this

If we're actually going by the tastes of the board, it should be a mix of metal, shoegaze, meme trap, Kanye, k-pop, Grimes, bleep, Indie, a bit of vaporwave and assorted waifu artists.

It makes me very happy to hear that a lot of users have realized this problem here at Sup Forums. Just a week ago we didn't see as many efforts to improve the board.

Ambient would fall under experimental.
Stars of the Lid are more Drone though.
Nice to see you post a constructive comment at least.

Don't do it on here, not yet. Do you have a Discord? It's better to organize over there imo, discussing this kind of stuff here leads to too much "noise", at least until we get something more "solid".

It's not. It's only slightly better than the regular chart, but that still doesn't make it very good.
See

There are more than 100 albums and nobody cares about your avant rock shit band from Netherlands that not even their moms know,

>looking to explore with a mu-core chart

t. user whomst hasn't finished the original Sup Forums essentials chart.

Argument: Britpop/post-britpop has not had any representation on Sup Forumscore or sub Sup Forumscore ever even though Oasis is discussed here on the daily and it was made a huge topic since certain trips started posting.

This album is a amazing fit for that. It's not bad, its great, and forward thinking

what are charts for then? just to argue? they're working great in that case

>going by the tastes of the board
This is exactly what's wrong with Sup Forums. The board's taste is shit. My method proposed above offers a more "unbiased" selection of music which would be healthy to the board.

>nobody cares about your avant rock shit band from Netherlands
Fuck you, Blast are great and I'm not even kidding here.

You say it like finishing the Sup Forums "essential" chart is a good thing.

No im serious, an entire Ambient section. Ambient is so varied it cant be shoehorned into just experimental

Avant is right (for once) (^:

I'd like to organize something on Discord for this, and Avant and I could easily create it.

Sup Forums needs a Constitutional Convention of sorts. A lot has changed since 2011

Yes on everything but it needs more rock because it is a very broad genre. 20 is too few.

If anything, we should include their more recent and better album.

I think that nobody here has ever finished them. Anyways as some user said the Sup Forums essentials has one aim:

Id be game