I know this is going to get some ridicule but how do you make friends Sup Forums...

I know this is going to get some ridicule but how do you make friends Sup Forums? The thought of spending my Friday night with a couple of friends and pizza and beer sounds amazing. I have aspbergers and have never understood friendship and how it works. Just because I have aspbergers doesn't mean I don't feel or understand loneliness though. I'm 34 and have never had a best friend. Thankfully I'm good looking enough that about once a year some girl will have the balls to hit on me out of the blue at work and I'll get a date or 2 out of it but that's really the limit of my social interaction. Super relaxed doggo for attention

Have you even try inviting some people at your basement? Asking people?

Sometimes, it's that simple.

How much social interaction do you have on a daily basis? The more you're around people, the more you adapt.

Everyone @ Sup Forums is your friend, faggot.

Actually have a really nice apartment. Just am retarded when it comes to decorating. My family all says it looks spartan as hell but it's comfy
I'm an RN and work in a hospital. I'm surrounded by women all day. Doesn't make it easier though. I'm the classic 'user why don't you have a girlfriend' guy
Thanks user

>I'm surrounded by women all day.
That might be it! I used to be the same around guys (and girls for that matter) in school. Started working in construction, and you just develop that shit! Like, everyday conversations and how to carry them. You stop overthinking it, and just say whatever comes natural. Unless you're severely autistic you'll be fine, dude.

Frienship with grillz is trash compared to guys. You need that too but IMO the friendship you get with guys is something special and essential.

Did you try doing some activities? Sport?

i don't have friends ether

i got bullied in school so didn't make friends so called freiends would just abuse me now am adult of 30 and am just starting to see things and am trying to change things

i dunno man i am in the same boat as you

i just can't trust people to talk to them about my personal life or things

but am learning things like let everyone talk and not to be ashamed of smallest thing (mom use to make the smallest thing in to the biggest problem so always feel ashamed or embarrassed by the dumbest and smallest thing)

Always been more a fan of watching sports than playing. Baseball especially. The numbers in baseball are perfect
I know that shame and embarrassment. I just feel like I should be able to handle life but beyond going to work and going home I really don't have a life at all

Start some kind of hobby where there is a group that does that type of thing. You don't have to really enjoy the hobby, just do it. Learn about whatever the hell it is. Go to the group and talk to people about that shit. Sooner or later you will click with someone.

Have you tried having a couple of beers at a bar after work? I meet people when I go to a new town that way. Start with the bartender and sooner or later you will meet other regulars. It gets your lazy ass out of the house too, el fageto.

same here man i want friends aswell but i learnt that some times i can't stand people

but wish i had just one or two friends and maybe a gf

always get bullied where ever i go aswell it sucks ass

thats all i want really wish there was a class where you could learn shit like this

You can practice some canned topics and general responses to get things going. You don't have to share personal shit to talk to people.

did you have friends when you were in school?

Fellow aspie OP, find a hobby you enjoy and look for local groups that participate you dont have to talk to anyone or socialize at first but eventually people will gravitate towards each other at worst you spent your time doing something you like.

For me it was pickup soccer and war games like warhammer. People that like the more obscure hobbies tend to be more inclusive. Just avoid trying too hard because I know how clueless you are when it comes to approaching people. (because i am) Just be nice and let them approach you, your job is not to scare them away by being genuine. eventually you'll start forming a circle and just that regular interaction will help a lot.

an aspies best friend are his observational skills listen twice as much as you speak and stay calm.

There is no process to it, you can't really go out and "get" friends. If you go out there with the goal of getting yourself a friend, that's gonna put off many people because it seems needy.

> How do you treat people around you?

Do you have friendly interactions or gossip or casual banter with people? That's usually how friendships start. If you can talk to a person and they seem friendly or interested in you, you can ask them if they wanna drink a coffee with you, smoke a cigarette or whatever small ritual comes to your mind.

> going all in and clinging to people turns them off

but a small, low-risk activity is pleasant for most people and they won't turn you down if they're nice and especially if you're nice to them.

Once you have had a few of those rituals with them and you know some things about them you may just ask if they wanna drink a beer and watch a movie or something. Pick something that they'd be interested in, your interests don't matter that much as you both know this is mainly about getting to know each other.

If you did this a few times and you both seem to like each other then you have a friend. Doesn't mean they're your best friend instantly but that's a bond that grows over time and you shouldn't think about that stuff anyways, just enjoy their company.

No I've never really made friends
I'll have to keep that in mind

There is a class, user. Its called life. Practice not being a dumbass and sooner or later you will get the hang of it. You are making it harder than what it is by keeping this pussy ass attitude. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just being honest. If you want it you have to put in the effort. Sitting around whining about it won't do anything but let the days and weeks go by. All of a sudden its the new year and you haven't done anything to make life better.

What city are you in, user? Is there anything that interests you? I want to google some shit and see what comes up.

What are you interested in OP?

I'm in northwest ga. Rome. As far as social settings go I try to get to a Rome Braves game a few times a month. Other than that I work out a few times a week at home on my Bowflex and hang out here. I also like to cook. But most of my time is spent at work. I usually work 50-60 hour weeks

>how do you make friends
If I knew that I wouldn't be here.

Baseball and horror movies are really it as far as my interests go. Plus the cooking thing I mentioned in my last post

meetup dot com has a few interesting groups. Drone pilots, board game club, photography groups.

Gotta add some folks on snaochat and ask whats going down. Around here the backyard bonfire is always a hit

even though I love cooking and horror movies myself I gotta tell you, many people won't relate to this.
Just a question, are you capable of holding a conversation outside of those topics?
Because that's really important when talking to people that don't share those interests.

The point isn't to do something you really love, user. The point is to find something to do that will help meet people. Its not about the hobby, retard. Its about socializing.

What kind of hobbies are conducive to socializing?

Youd orobably best friends with my buddy. Royals are life and he has freddy memorabilia

How about joining a gym and going to the exercise classes?

Show pic of apartment. I'm a professional decor technician. I'll give you pointers for free.

I looked at meetup dot com for you and found 3 already, dude. It took 3 minutes. Pay attention.

You have to think positive and give new things a try.

I have thought about this and I just get severe anxiety thinking about working out with an audience.

I appreciate that user but I'm shitposting on my break at work and don't have any pictures on my phone

Thanks user. I'll have to look at meetup

Anything you do that will require you to be around other people will cause you to struggle. You have to decide if it is worth the anxiety you will go through to end up with some friends. If it was easy you would have already done it. I think you should do some form of martial arts, myself. You would learn something cool and fun, and there are people from all walks of life there. They also make you practice against other humans, which will require you to interact with them on some level. But it will be in a controlled environment with a clear objective.

He has asperger's

I'm sorry user. That really sucks. My best friend was bullied a lot when he was in high school. We actually became friends because he was bullied. I felt bad for him and just started talking to him and turns out hes was a really cool dude. Still my best friend to this day. At first he thought I was fucking with him because I was "one of the cool kids" as he says. He brings it up on occasion and laugh about how he thought I was fucking with him. Him and his girl hand out with me and my wife on a weekly basis.

Best advice I can give you user is try getting on Craigslist and going to strictly platonic or doing local meetups and what not. Keep an eye out for local events and stuff like that. Just put yourself out there and just be you. You will make friends if you put yourself out there.

Good luck m8.

At your age it's not easy making what you call best friend(s).

Since you you have a job, you can start by inviting them for a drink. But don't just walk one morning in the office and ask them out. Try to talk to them for a few weeks, make them feel comfortable, find common interests and then do your move.

In any case, don't show desperate and don't press them to go out. If you do any of those you are lost, and most probably the rest of your colleagues will know.

Good thing is that since you are surrounded by women, you can easily start a conversion with a colleague about them and why not go out with/for chicks.

You can also hang out with cousins, if there are any close to you. One of my best friends is a cousin of mine.

In any case, good luck bro. Having a friend that you can talk to and have fun with, is much more important than fucking pussy.

I wish i had friends

Smile, eye contact, show interest, repeat a few things the other person says, pay a compliment. That's it.