My grandson bought me a new laptop. A G62 HP. One day while browsing the internet the keypad stopped working...

My grandson bought me a new laptop. A G62 HP. One day while browsing the internet the keypad stopped working.I ordered a new one and replaced it but I can't seem to get the darn thing to work. Anyone can help this old bonehead out??/

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/windows-mouse-touchpad-keyboard-problems
amazon.com/Neewer-Black-Replacement-Keyboard-Ribbon/dp/B0087LT1MW/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1504913249&sr=8-11&keywords=hp g62 keyboard replacement
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pour some water on it

Buy a USB mouse and keyboard. They're cheap.

Do you have Alzheimer's

744598559 I was going to but the rules and regulations prohibited such none sense.

Check if num lock is engaged.

744598105 My usb keypad doesn't work.The new keypad makes the noise whenever I click a key but nothing pops up on the screen. The lights work too.

744598946 Which key would that be?

You replaced the keyboard or the touch pad? You said key pad in your OP.

744599347 The Keyboard.

If you click on the post number of the post you are replying to it opens the reply box with the post number automatically listed so you don't have to type it out which if I see it one more time will trigger my autism, my OCD, and my CCW to go out and fucking shoot somebody.

Have you updated the driver for the keyboard?

Testing.

How do I do that?

What version of windows are you using, Sir?

Windows 7 Home Premium

Is the touchpad working? You will need to open Device Manager but I don't know how to do that in win 7 without typing. If you google it there will probably be a way. When you have Device Manager open, look down the list for 'keyboards'. Right click and select 'scan for hardware changes'.

Follow this
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/windows-mouse-touchpad-keyboard-problems

If you get no luck, get a refund on what you bought, and buy a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. I use one on my laptop anyway because cramped typing hurts my wrists

To get to device manager, use the pad to open System and Security, then Control Panel, then Device Manager.

Does this mean I have to buy a new screen?

No, it's not your screen that it doesn't recognize, it's the keyboard or touchpad.

Do you know who manufactured it?

A man named Hewlett Packard

USB keyboards are horrible user

Where did you buy the replacement from? Post a link

>A man named Hewlett Packard
OK, not sure if trolling now, but just in case you are legit, have you done the 'check for hardware changes' and 'update driver' steps?

I got a wireless one, it's awesome. Comfort desktop 5050

amazon.com/Neewer-Black-Replacement-Keyboard-Ribbon/dp/B0087LT1MW/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1504913249&sr=8-11&keywords=hp g62 keyboard replacement

Wireless maybe, USB? Definitely not (for laptops)

benis

Wait, OP is being legit about this?

What a faggot.

HP you dum dum

I have an MSI laptop, and the on board keyboard is too shallow.

When I suggested OP get a USB keyboard and mouse, I should have said wireless

9/10 OP

Posting to say that I really like OP's manners. I wish you have a nice weekend.

>My grandson
>old bonehead

Jesus, how old are you?

I'm searching for drivers and nothing is showing

Because it is a 7 year old laptop?

[[[bait]]]

Also if you are still here OP, if you have further questions in the future Sup Forums has a "stupid questions general" in which to ask for advice without starting a whole thread. You'd be more likely to get a good answer there than Sup Forums.

Enjoy the rest of your day OP.

Hmmmm, I see.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

More like an old bonesmoker. Get the fuck out of here old man. Get geek squad to fix your pedo machine

press num-lock, or function+num-lock, depending on the keyboard.

geek squad couldn't fix a dog if they had an appointment at a vet office.

You need to put the laptop into the microwave and turn it on high for 5 minutes...this secures the bonds between the new keyboard and the motherboard.

This is clearly trolling. You can't actually get a Windows device new with 7 home Premium on it. You would have had to have bought this laptop like nearly a decade ago to have it come with that, and there would no reason to downgrade it from newer software. You're lying. You're a faggot.

You are an underage faggot retard. The laptop came from OPs grandson and is ~7 years old. It has an athlon II for fucks sake, those were the shit like 10 years ago when AMD beat intel to x64

OPs grandson is likely techy enough to know that any windows post 7 is the equivalent of taking dicks up your ass because it is fashionable.