Anyone who hasn't seen them live should get the fuck off this board

Anyone who hasn't seen them live should get the fuck off this board

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a3J7MFX968s&list=FLw3cY5xOT5PuS1S5gDLegqw&index=1
reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/6palol/hi_im_avey_tare_and_im_here_for_ya_ears/dknwgpb?context=3
youtu.be/s-xonK4bLEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They haven't been good live since 2012

But they've never toured anywhere near where I live.

i've seen them live twice and they sucked each time

i still enjoy most of their albums, though

youtube.com/watch?v=a3J7MFX968s&list=FLw3cY5xOT5PuS1S5gDLegqw&index=1

>tfw never was able to see AnCo live in 2002-2003 and see them freak out like autismos on lsd while playing songs from Here Comes the Indian, and Danse Manatee
Feels bad man...

what was wrong with them?
Avey apparently recorded as much as he could and still wants to release it all or make a documentary at some point, so we'll see it someday.

this is probably the worst live band I've ever seen, but it was worth it for the cringe humor

source on this?

Saw them open for Fleet Foxes about two weeks ago and they were pretty good. I expected a bit more but it was still enjoyable.

Love a lot of their albums nonetheless.

he did some q&a on reddit recently and he's mentioned his black dice tour documentary idea for years. I can't find the comment I remember where he explicitly responds to a question about the documentary/footage, but here's one about old shows.
reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/6palol/hi_im_avey_tare_and_im_here_for_ya_ears/dknwgpb?context=3

>you will never be at an Animal Collective show in college house in Pennsylvania, where people are bumming cigarettes off each other and your girlfriend gets into a fight with Ariel Pink when he says that The Cure is a boring band, just before Animal Collective plugs their MP3 players into their shitty guitar amps to play backing tracks for Feels-era songs

Shit

why would I want to surround myself with a bunch of weak, skinny, androgynous SJW's

who is this?

Animal Collection

how can I, when I've no-one to go with?
it's not like I can go by myself

youtu.be/s-xonK4bLEE

concerts are scary

I need a PW/Painters EP era live album
just for the rendition of Kids on Holiday

This is a very specific feel but I understand. Early to mid 00s indie was very free spirited and sonically and conceptually ambiguous, as opposed to what it became post 2007, in the indie hype pitchfork years

saw them when they were touring behind Feels and they played too much shitty drone lol

I don't get the hate for their live performances, i saw them last year and they were great

This tour specifically; they've always been good live but Painting With needs to be seen in a live setting in order to appreciate the studio album imo. It was meant to be seen live, which is why they finished the songs entirely before touring it instead of roadtesting songs like they usually do. Those songs have such an amazing energy live that doesn't come across as much on the album

saw them live in miami last year and it was pretty great
kids on holiday was GOAT

But The Cure is one of Ariel's favorite bands.

i saw them last year. they did Alvin Row

Saw them in 2012 when they had panda on drum. They played peacebone it was cool