Cherry Bomb’s blackened mood feels both dry and overwhelmingly mediocre...

Cherry Bomb’s blackened mood feels both dry and overwhelmingly mediocre. The casual use of sexist and homophobic slurs make the listening experience even less pleasant, driving Odd Future’s ridiculous nature into the ground and replacing it with something even more irritating: Tyler’s persona.

The worst thing about Cherry Bomb is how blindly naive it is about its own musical incompetence. The mindless threats and offensive slurs are handed out to the listener like candy, and the record has nothing else to support a feat such as this other than its feeble and easily breakable foundation. It does not utilize its very essence in the way like it should, rather, it completely mocks and degrades it in the worst ways possible. There are no specific songs or highlights worth mentioning, as it is pure filler and mind-numbing garbage all the way through. Before, Tyler’s casual offensiveness and homophobia served as just a mere backdrop for his persona on earlier records such as Goblin and Wolf. Now, it’s as clear and forced as ever. His close-mindedness is no longer something the rapper plays off of – rather, it’s something that he endorses and worships one-hundred percent of the time.

Flower Boy is so fucking great, whenever you even know about his past works or not.

OP is a faggot

This

'full of filler'
>smuckers

I'm not OP

The car in the background always makes me cringe when I notice it.

fuck

fuck you user you made me notice it and its ruined the art for me.

That car really does fuck it up.

I hate that it's supposed to be a bee. It's a stupid fuckin' metaphor.

DUDE I'M GAY LMAO

I called OP a faggot and agreed with you.

What? "Supposed to be a bee"? What the fuck are you talking about?

Cars are a running theme of the album, something Tyler first embraces as it fills the void in his heart. It's the symbol of material possession most rappers abuse, but in Tyler's case it's clear he only cares about it because he's lonely. You don't need to be a literature major to notice this stuff, he outright fucking states it on 911:

>I know you sick of me talkin' 'bout cars (skrrt)
>But what the fuck else do you want from me?
>That is the only thing keepin' me company
>Purchase some things until I'm annoyed
>These items is fillin' the void
>Been fillin' it for so long
>I don't even know if it's shit I enjoy (ohh)

Next. the Whole Fucking Album is literally Tyler on a car trip. He hits a pothole at the end of "Who Dat Boy", stops when "Boredom" comes, and so on. There's literally 20 times more car talk and car sounds then anything LGBT related on Flower Boy, but

>DUDE I'M GAY LMAO

amirite?

And the cover is Motherfucking Amazing. If you actually have the patience to sit through the whole album, all the way to the end of "Enjoy Right Now, Today", you'll hear Tyler getting out of his car, abandoning it behind. Yep, the one on the cover. He gets out of his car because he is where he want to be now, Tyler just wants to relax in the sunflower field.

>You niggas go with the motions and all the plans
>Sea I was never into the beaches and all the sands
>See, I was in the woods with flowers, rainbows and posies

But you're Sup Forums. You aren't here to enjoy music.
I doubt anyone will even read that.
And you know what? I'm writing this for myself.
Flower Boy is 10/10.

ITT: People not realizing that OP's mocking the review because flower boy's the opposite of cherry bomb stylistically

>I'm writing this for myself
woah, this post is deep

I unironically enjoyed your post.

I feel you my nigga.

Sometimes things like that happen to me to, when i just start to understand the concept of the concept album in its entirety, and start slowly believing that this is the best work of art humanity has ever produced, especially if i do it without looking it up on the web. It happened with me on dear hunter, on terminal redux, on snow by spock's beard, etc.

But even tho i saw all 'car movements' after second listen, this didnt move me like it moved you. Dunno. I like it, but its not a 10/10, at least for me.

good post

Thanks.

>not a 10/10, at least for me.
That's okay, music is, like, subjective.
I think even if you don't love the album, you can at least appreciate the amount of themes it holds and how well they blend together. Loneliness, alienation, melancholy, nostalgia, consumerism, being in love, etc.

Ye, i know.
I liked that a lot, i just didnt feel that, ehh, FEEL. Didnt click.

Its very good tho, undeniably.

Standing ovation.

this

Damn dude so intense, I'm so glad you wrote that for yourself man so powerful

very good post but the car does look like a bee user

I prefer Cherry Bomb over Flower Boy.

spotted the summerfag

Yeah well it kinda does

Just seemed to me like an unimportant detail that led to missing cool symbolism, so I got mad and wrote a gigantic post about it lol

The point is nothing you said changes the fact they stuck the car on the album and made it look like a bee. Your post was cool though.

I have been here since I was like 12 though but I'm not Marcel.

Quality post user. I commend you.

Flower Boy's an 8/10 for me, but I see where you're coming from.

Everytime I think there's something wrong with me for not understanding the hype from the latest memerap album I read shit like this and remember these are the retards giving this record a 5 on rym.

The only meme that exists on this board is people unironically thinking there's something wrong with enjoying any kind of music.
You fell for it.

Nah, I think it's fine for people to enjoy other music.

When retards think "I buy material things to fill a void in my life!" is some sort of super deep and original statement I can safely assume that the "10/10 genius!" reviews are coming from retarded children.

Cool.
And I assume a comment comes from a retarded child when a rap album makes them think there's something wrong with them.

thank fuck people aren't just dismissing this as "autism xd"
good post user

good read, ty

kys