Motor/sp/ort - Tony Stewart Don't Run That Fast Edition

NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Xfinity Series, and Monster Energy Cup Series Atlanta Motor Speedway

>Ford to field 3 GTs in 12 Hours of Sebring

Friday, March 3
>NXS practice, FS1 1000 ET/1500 UTC
>CWTS practice, FS1 1100 ET/1600 UTC
>NCS practice, FS1 1200 ET/1700 UTC
>NXS practice, FS1 1330 ET/1830 UTC
>CWTS practice, FS1 1430 ET/1930 UTC
>NXS final practice, FS1 1530 ET/2030 UTC
>CWTS final practice, FS1 1630 ET/2130 UTC
>NCS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1745 ET/2245 UTC

Saturday, March 4
>NXS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 0915 ET/1415 UTC
>CWTS Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1040 ET/1540 UTC
>NCS final practice, FS1 1200 ET/1700 UTC
>NXS Rinnai 250 (163 laps, 251.02 miles), FS1 1400 ET/1900 UTC
>CWTS Active Pest Control 200 (130 laps, 200.02 miles), FS1 1630 ET/2130 UTC

Sunday, March 5
>NCS Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 (325 laps, 500.05 miles), FOX 1430 ET/1930 UTC

Other urls found in this thread:

nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/3/1/nascar-announces-2017-rules-package.html
vimeo.com/3658478
twitter.com/markmartin/status/837473522020646912
nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/3/4/folds-of-honor-quiktrip-500-tune-in-info-fast-facts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New rule package shit
nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/3/1/nascar-announces-2017-rules-package.html

Less downforce, more cockpit safety

>Deck fin

LOOSE IS FAST

>there's still a splitter

>it's a kyle busch in trucks and xfinity episode

Who /ragsinabox/ here?

at least its not this yet

But...... is an car an athlete?

is playing fifa and betting an athlete?

today i will remind them

vimeo.com/3658478

There's a chance for some strategy for Cup quals today since cars have to start the race on these tires and there's massive fall off lap to lap.

If you have a mid pack car speed wise, you'd be better off saving tires and taking a shitty starting spot.

kek

There's 24 cars yet to pass inspection. Quals are coming up in a few mins.

Altho this wouldn't be the worst week ever not to qualify. You'd be able to start the race on fresh tires.

Stop me if you've heard this before, but the 78 is having issues getting through inspection.

How many races will it take Brian to change the rules to match F1's where there's no penalty for putting a time on the board?

If less than 24 cars get out for quals you'll see guys go run 20 mph around the track to put in a time to make it to 2nd round.

holy fuck that'd be great. like when cars parked on pitlane until the last second and then couldn't get laps. nascar will sort that shit out.

Damn, Mark is the man.
Btw: which xfinity driver has the most potential?

>its real
twitter.com/markmartin/status/837473522020646912

Mark with the bants, nice.

David Starr

Not a terrible idea. Especially for the shitbox teams, since there's only 39 teams that showed up this weekend.

Always

>Btw: which xfinity driver has the most potential?

Tough to say desu. Probably William Byron, but I also like Ryan Reid, Cole Custer, Brandon Jones and Daniel Hemric.

Tough to say which will end up taking the next step, but Byron does seem to be the safe bet.

>Gray Gaulding in a Cup car

I personally think he's a nice kid but as long as he has his dumpster fire management his career will go nowhere. He should be in Trucks right now but his Dad burned all hjs bridges.

Not fucking really, look how goddamn tiny that thing is. Why the fuck they'd reduce the outside is beyond me, that's the part that can actually get clear air when you're following someone.

Love how in the years upon years I've seen rednecks bitch about the splitter not one has even attempted to come up with a reason to take it off besides I LIKE THINGS THE WAY THEY WERE WHEN I WAS 8 YEARS OLD

>That feel when ARCA will never return to Charlotte/Atlanta/Texas

any ace for supercars?

there's some info in the F1 thread I think

Byron and Custer will win Cup races. Hemric could contend for a handful of wins if he gets to drive for someone better than Childress. Jones will be an also ran for a few years unless something improves soon. Reed backed into 2 plate wins over 3 years in Xfinity. Roush is bad, but even his teammate Buescher won races. He probably won't do much in Cup but will get a shot because of the diabeetus sponsor

>LVMS possibly getting a second date
Please no

LVMS is one of the most highly attended even with the crowd drops, apparently. It's potentially going to be a playoff race as well so RIP New Hampshire, you can't have nice things.

Also because NASCAR is retarded because they want to do a cookie cutter when fans and even drivers want them at Road America or COTA (Kyle Busch has said he wants to see some more road courses, even. And fuck Gossage. There might not even be fans left to go to TMS if he keeps blocking COTA) and Drivers are looking for a reduced schedule.

>le gamble on strategy because Vegas twice a year
>god awful gambling puns mixed with god awful racing
>will probably take a date from a short track or road course because BFrance is vindictively retarded

For us early birds, Xfinity quals are getting ready to start on FS1.

Full day of racing today with the trucks and xfinity cars both in action.

Xfinity quals starting now

Kurt used to be an insufferable douche but now he's one of the guys I like. It's a good thing he got fired from Penske and went through all that shit. He's a better person because of it.

>Morgan Shepard is still racing
>he's 75 years old

Kurt never changed; Kyle is just a bigger douche that makes him seem better in comparison.

Nah Kurt has definitely changed. He was a monumental douchebag several years back. I don't think he ever meant to be, but obviously had some mental/emotional demons he had to deal with.

You can tell it's still a process and that interviews can feel kinda awkward sometimes.

Longest first round of qualifying ever.

Kyle on the pole. Ugh.

>Suzuka 1000km gone after this year
>replaced by SRO/GTA GT3/GT300 10 hour race
why

>watching humorless/autistic Chris Knight have a meltdown with Mike Harmon trolls on Twitter

>Bell beat out Kryle
Okay

What are the stages for tomorrow?

He's getting through them. Krut was happy as shit at Daytona and even having to go do the press tour in NY after where he was laughing and joking. Seemed really proud and happy as fuck whenever he talked about the team and Tony Gibson as well.

>Chess in the booth for Xfinity

This is going to be good or full of Spaghetti. Hurrvick was decent in the both last week though.

How many bongs until Xfinity series

>mfw Grala wins Active Pest Control after another fuckhuge crash on the final lap

About 15 minutes

About 27 bings.

>"Nice series you have there Japan. Can I help?"

I know there's a lot of 90's races on youtube but I have a hard time finding stuff from the early 80's - is there another place I can find old nascar races?

The question is if it's so well attended because there's only one though. But attendance is so shit at some other tracks even if it literally cut LVMS attendance in two it would still be better I guess.

Because the Suzuka endurance race isn't supposed to just be a longer national race that international cars can't race in the top class.

Non-championship: 18, SGT: 11, JSPC: 9, WSC/BPR/FIA GT: 6

NASCAR can't allow the goyim to see what Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series™ races were like when they were good

I like how this user implies that the 90's were bad.

Ratel won't settle down until he turns all racing worldwide into a single SRO-run GT3 series

>尾形明紀

chris bell commanded that race today. pretty impressive but >kbm

anyone got a stream for Adelaide?

>tfw want a nascar game like nr2003 but with a career mode

Looking forward to Gran Turismo Sport. It will be released later this year. That's the only new racing game on my radar.

I just hope they don't fuck it up with microtransactions or something.

gizzzyyyyyy

what did they mean by this

i have never EVER found a V8 supercars stream

lmao

nigga you blind

breddy gud

Trucks was better than Xfinity but Cup drivers being in lower series is getting shittier all the time. Top 5 in Xfinity was nearly all cup drivers with the exception of Sadler and Byron actually scored more points. Systems too fucked up just to please sponsors instead of promoting new talent.

Every time Sony has shown off GTS it has looked awful (Bad framerate and physics in particular). Project CARS 2 and Dirt 4 are going to be the best racing games this year. Especially now PCARS is working on proper Oval racing (Official game of the Verizon Indy Car series now and they are aiming to have as many Indy tracks as possible) and Rallycross. As long as it's not buggy like the first one. Then it's probably going to be the GOAT sim racing game.

Plus why the fuck has there not been an amzing stock car game since NR 2003 or Dirt to Daytona. Fuck everything.

Since when did Xfinity cars have round spoilers? Why the fuck is are the walls a different color what the fuck I live here

What are the stages for today's race?

nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2017/3/4/folds-of-honor-quiktrip-500-tune-in-info-fast-facts.html
>Stage lengths: Stage 1 ends on Lap 85, Stage 2 ends on Lap 170, Final Stage scheduled to end on Lap 325

is anyone hype for the race today

Just you and me bub

>PCARS
>sim

>why the fuck has there not been an amzing stock car game since NR 2003

Have you heard of iRacing? Basically the successor to NR2003

kek

>iRacing
>Amazing
>Stock cars
NR2003+ mods is the only way to go when it comes to oval racing games

since brought up your teams' worst loss

My favorite drivers are Massa in F1, Edwards in NASCAR, and Montoya in Indycar.
>2008 Massa loses championship by 1point, 1 pass away
>2011 Edwards loses title on a tiebreaker
>2015 Montoya loses championship on a tiebreaker
I'm numb to the pain. Conveniently, all 3* retired in the same year.

If it's good enough for junebug then it's good enough for me desu

Unless there's something that causes chaos like the surface wrecking the tyres hard because there's no competition caution on 20 due to no rain overnight and the cooler track temps today. All signs point to KWL.

i wonder what it was like to work for this man

>these line-ups for the Super Formula
>Alex Lynn hasn't signed yet.
>Narain Poointheloo still active

9/10 desu still good luck to find streams of that

Why would you rent a game when you get the same experience for free?

It's not good enough for him though

For imo the best online experience.
I have expendable income and I don't mind spending it on things I enjoy.

I'm more of an offline person
[spoiler] because I'm a shitter[/spoiler]

The best online experience, where people crash all the time, intentionally crash others, blame you for stupid things they did, and cars phase through each other.

nr2003+mods and an online league like openspeedway

then you're set

>I have expendable income and I don't mind spending it on things I enjoy.

degenerate

put that shit in a safe and dont touch it until retirement

i do that with all my extra money

All the drivers on Openspeedway are gone, or at least I've never been able to get on when it's active. I suspect something is happening since the servers are always up.

Tbh if you want turn left with active online racing for free go with ARCA Sim Racing or old NASCAR heat

that openspeedway comment was a joke DESU

nah, the active shit is on rfactor 2 now,

Openspeedway pretty much died, a lot of the kiddies moved to iRacing and the older guys who were not only still on nr2003 because of iRacing costing money, but the big reason was, and i am not shitting you

half of the boomers at that place were still using windows XP systems from 2002 and their computers could barely run half-life 2, not even joking

>saw a thread back there in 2010 about a boomer who tried to install Half Life episode 2 on his PC and he said

"mah frame rate is shit!!"

>not diversifying your retirement savings
>implying I don't have a 401k that my company matches to 8% (although I'm about to quit)
>implying I don't have a Roth IRA as well

there's also boomers there who legit think that

Bad Framerate = Bad internet connection

there was a guy with like PERFECT ping around 33 (which is a little above normal) and he said he was getting around 13-14 FPS, other guys were saying "reset your modem" "you have a bad connection, reset your modem"

note, this was on rFactor 2 a year ago, i was just in their teamspeak server for a random pick-up race with the stock cars, and i was laughing my ass off

Who is going to win in Atlanta and why is it Jimmie Johnson

cup race thread:

Lads what are your expectations for this year's WEC? With only 2 manufacturers it seems it will be more boring to watch the LMP1.

It's not like Audi was relevant 90% of the time except for audiwinslol at Bahrain.

spec series and gt

F