Opinions on my steak?

Opinions on my steak?
First time trying to do it at home with frying pan.
Isn't perfect but tastes good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=frywaR4bzw0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's raw dude. Needs probably a minuite more on less heat next time.

Its raw you fucking donkey.

But in all seriousness, I would suggest using a lower heat to cook your steak so the inside wont be raw and the outside wont be burnt.

I agree with these fags

Looks pretty fucking good user.
Tenderloin or sirloin?

It's raw, probably because you didn't let it sit after you took it out. Next time let it sit no less than 5 and no more than 10 minutes, covered.

Yeah way too undercooked.
I personally like mine with no pink, but everybody I know that likes medium or medium rare would say that is too under for them. What seasoning did you use?

This user knows his shit. This is an important step. Think brownies. Once you pull them out the oven they still aren't done.

Middle's a bit blue and the sear is a bit too hard. I wouldn't pepper it before searing next time, see how it just burned? You can use lower heat for longer, or sear slightly less, then throw it in the oven for a few minutes to get internal temp to 125-135F. Or hell, even reverse it... oven to 115-ish, then sear the outside.

Fuck. Why should look on meat starving here?

Cover with tinfoil?

100% this. There's a huge difference between rare and raw.

where's the ketchup?

Tin foil works, or a pan lid. Anything to keep the heat in and let it simmer.
Also i recommend letting the meat sit prior to cooking. You really want a good steak at room temp before preparation.
Also You never answered what kind of steak it was.
Blasphemy

If it tastes good to you it's whatever, dude. You aren't cooking for me and I can't taste it so I can't evaluate.

OP, please learn to cook a steak

OP here

I just used salt and pepper (listening to indications), but I didn't let it sit for too much, should I cover it while sitting? With what?

It's a knuckle, very fresh!

I like it rare but I agree it was too much, should I let it on the pan for more time?

That's rare as fuck. Cook it for another minute or two. Also if you cook it past medium you're a nigger

This.
And remember to salt it and let it sit for a good 30 minutes, then dry it up with a paper towel right before cooking.

I'm not OP, I was just curious.

I like the look of your meat, bro

cool, didn't know that

Next time take it out of the fridge and salt it heavily. Let it sit on the counter for 30-60 minutes. Pat dry and lightly oil, then add to a searing hot cast iron. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side depending on thickness and it will be medium rare, which is how steak is meant to be eaten. Add pepper after cooking, not before. It scorches in high heat.

pls r8

It was a poor animal.

fucking perfect 10/10

Salt and pepper is fine, but let ot sit at least 30 minutes with just salt. It will sweat a lot, then dry it with a paper towel. This allows it to dry up on the outside so it makes a perfect crust when cooked.

After cooking, cover it with tin fool, or a bowl, or whatever. Let it sit like that for at least 5-10 minutes.

Absolute moron. Anything past medium is wasted meat.
Salt and pepper is really all you need and prime meat needs less as it has excellent flavor already.
Cover while sitting, keeps the steam in. At minimum 5 minutes.
Once you get more confident in your cooking abilities try filet. It's the best indoor steak. On the grill, rib all the way.
As for cooking time it's really about trial and error till you get what feels right.
Pic related is a good tool for helping you get used to it till you get a better eye/timing.
Perfection. Cut a little thin for my taste but very well cooked.

I know a lot of people will hate me for this but...
I season my steak with a mixture of salt, black pepper, nutmeg, and cinamon.

Whatever works for you honestly.
Anything is better than dipping it in a1 or ketchup after it's cooked.

great tips!
thx very much

It looks good for medium rare maybe a little more on the rare side. Not the way I like it but good job.

very cool

Experienced broiler chef here. If you wanted your steak char-broiled/blood rare, you need to butterfly the the steak. Then coat it with Kitchen Boquet. Drop it on a pre-heated high flame and scorch all sides.

I don't know if that's what you wanted to do in the first place, but the burnt raw chunk you have is where you seem to be headed. I used to get a lot of order for MR that came back for more fire to = M.

I agree with all the others in this thread that say you center is simply raw.

What is a1 even for? Why would somebody put it on a steak and is that its only use.

What does butterflying do?

It also makes a great lubricant

Don't listen to these animals, a good steak needs no more than a few seconds on each side.
That said, you should get a good butcher's advice on how to choose a good steak. Not all parts are the same and it doesn't seems to be a great one.

I discovered that cinamon helps the outer layer dry out faster while keeping all the juice inside at the same time, as opposed to using only salt. The crust it makes looks beautiful.
Also cinamon enhances the flavor a lot.
Crushed (not ground) coriander seeds also make it taste like heaven.

all you need is a hot pan , some oil , sear at high heat till golden all the way around. depending on how thick your steak is using the thumb trick cook till rare. then take off heat wrap in foil and let rest for almost the same time as cooking, done.
ofcourse you will need to season generously with salt and pepper mabye a little garlic and thyme.

No idea. I like it with buttered egg noodles, but i shudder at the thought of someone using it on a steak. Honestly a little horseradish is the only condiment I would ever put on a steak.

It allows thick steaks to cook more evenly, unlike ops which is dark on the outside and red in the middle.

I've never tried cinnamon but I'll definitely experiment with it now.

Oh ok cool.

Undercooked but I'd eat it. If the intent was to show cooking skills you failed. The sear both sides bullshit is a nice philosophy but it only demonstrates the most mundane of skill.

Steak.

Not a bad looking tbone. I prefer porter but I don't mind vein steak as much.

Piemontese from northern Italy.

Sous vide.
/Thread

That half potato angers me.

cooked perfect but needs to be semi-boneless ribeye

This help?

That made me hungry...

What the fuck is semi boneless. It got or it ain't got. There's only 1 bone at MAX. Ahhhhgghblargleblargleblargle

Thats perfect!

Actually it did :)

I miss Italy. Was stationed in Vicenza for a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=frywaR4bzw0

Semi boneless ribs have the back bone removed, the round one around the back; but leaves the rib bone, the straight one along the bottom intact.

youtube.com/watch?v=frywaR4bzw0 kokok

Looked way to seared in the thumbnail, but it's good. Would eat/10

I don't believe I've ever seen a ribeye steak with the spine attached

loving that zuch and squash, I do the same when I grill steak.

This. Honestly if you like your meat rare, you got really close for a first attempt. You could have bungled it a lot worse. Follow this advice next time and you'll surely be pleased.

Not good enough. A grill is the best every time, but if you must cook a steak indoors, this is my best method:

>Salt steak (ribeye preferred) thoroughly and put it on a wire rack in your fridge to sit for at least 12 hours before you're going to eat it
>Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (if you have a really good oven, you can go as low as 200 instead, but most ovens can't hold low temps well)
>Take steak out of fridge and let it come to room temp, crack black pepper on top
>Put steak in oven still on its wire rack over a baking pan
>Leave it in there until it's about 20 or 25 degrees below the temperature you want to eat it at (med-rare is 145 F)
>When it's almost there, put a little vegetable oil in a cast iron pan and turn the eye under it on max heat
>Drop a chunk of butter in there, then put the steak in and sear the shit out of it
>Sear all sides of the steak, roughly 30-45 seconds each time to get it nice and browned
>No need to let it rest like when grilling, eat immediately

Looks like perfect medium rear to me.

Looks like I'd be chewing on a tire and A1 confirms.

When I went to school in NYC, I worked part time as a bartender at a well known upscale restaurant in midtown. It was common practice to use older pieces of meat for customers who ordered their steaks well done. Harder to tell you're eating old borderline rancid meat when it's burnt to a crisp. The freshest cuts of meat were used for rare and medium rare orders where it's much easier to taste the freshness of the meat. This happens in many restaurants.

I actually enjoy ketchup on my steak. I find that the acidity is great to complement the fat of a good ribeye. I love a medium-rare ribeye grilled so the fat is crispy.

It's exceedingly uncommon. Usually only shops that deal with whole primals sell them, and mostly as whole ribs, not as steaks. On a consumer level your basic rib steak will have the back bone chimed prior to cutting as it is more presentable and fits easier in a package. Also it serves no real purpose while cooking.
Rib lamb is occasionally sold with this bone on as it adds extra weight and is usually small enough to go unnoticed by the average consumer

rare is pink raw is red. have fun with your tapeworms

I worked in an upscale restaurant in GA for 7 years, we did this, too

You dont know anything about teak, do you?

I also forgot to mention the feather bones which are usually always removed during the chiming process as well. They're the small bones on the top of the picture.

you dont nigger niggers, nigger, niggeR?

That is thing of beauty

>your tapeworms
Have a (You)
I've eaten raw beef my entire life and never had an issue.

Tapeworms/bacteria can't live inside the steak, unless it's contaminated. Only on the surface.

Nasty

At least sear it so the surface bacteria is killed.

>Tapeworms/bacteria can't live inside the steak, unless it's contaminated
Well I think the suggestion here is that it IS contaminated, so this is kind of a retarded looking post from a semantic perspective, but you're right that the fear of raw beef is mostly unfounded.

We are talking about industrial farming here.

Indeed. Rib roast with a shortrib intact is the only way to eat it.
Usually slight discoloration or apparent clots are obvious indicators of contaminated beef. Which would surely raise red flags.

ahahahaa

It is not raw, fucking Americans faggot don't have idea about cooking.
You have cook it well user.
In France we say blue bloody.

It's for when someone overcooks your meat, and then it makes it taste okayish again.

It's a very expensive and highly sought after type of wood.

for all the UK B/ros ... A1 steak sauce is literally exactly the same as HP brown sauce...EXACTLY the same imagine that shit on a steak

Please don't lump all Americans together.
We're pretty diverse.

The MOST diverse of nations.

Foreignfags don't understand this.

Don't argue with us. You'll just surrender anyway.

Why are you eating it raw? Gross. Steak should not be red or pink. Here is my masterpiece.

OP, while the center is on the raw side, this is known as "blue", and is preferred by many. Don't let anyone here get you down. It's hard to judge the flavor of a steak by a picture. If you used the right seasonings, I'm sure it tasted great. I'll share with you my favorite pan sauce to try next time:

Start by cutting excess meat and fat from around a NY Strip, leaving only the "eye" of the steak. Separate as much meat as you can from the part that you cut away (and some of the fat too). Chop the trimmings into the consistency of coarse hamburger. Brown the meat in a pan (starting from cold so that the fat renders), and cook on medium-high until you have a LOT of fond buildup on the meat. When that happens, drop in a cup of diced shallots, cooking until they are soft. Next, pour in 1-2 cups of red wine, and reduce until you can see the bottom of the pan when stirring. Pour 2-3 cups of chicken broth in the pan, and turn the temperature down to low. Simmer for about an hour until you have 3/4 cup left. Strain the liquid (and save the meat bits, they're delicious). Put the strained liquid on low heat, and toss in a pad of butter to finish the sauce. Pour this over your cooked steak, and get ready for a mouthgasm.